Motorola Bluetooth Headset

Guest DigDoug

Guest DigDoug
I am most likely upgrading to the Motorola E815 next Tueday and wanted to know what the best price/place is on the Motorola Bluetooth HS850 Headset. I think I can get it for $99 - 25% through Verizon.

Guest DigDoug

why does it have to be a motorola headset as well?

That's what the verizon guy told me to get. *shrugs* Are there better options out there for that phone? From all your posts on cell phones, I consider you pretty much an expert. /Napolean Dynamite

That's what the verizon guy told me to get. *shrugs* Are there better options out there for that phone? From all your posts on cell phones, I consider you pretty much an expert. /Napolean Dynamite

As long as the headset support bluetooth, then it should be fine. Of course, the verizon guy gonna tell you to get one from the store.. (that's why we are here, aren't we? "Why Pay Retail?") ;)

there are other brands that have bluetooth headset, you might find one that can fit comfortable on your ear.

While my phone does not support bluetooth, my wife own a Jabra bt headset with her T610 Sony Erricson. I was quite impressed with the style (over the ear). This is the only one that I have tried. I've read good things on plantronics as well.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000246XQE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Here are list of bt headset at amazon:

(note bad reviews on body glove product)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-0131071-3236900

EDIT:

(Add more comment)

It seems like the motorola one is quite good too- It's totally come back to preference (along with price)- I am not sure if you can try it on in the store- just to make sure you are comfortable with it..

I agree... he and saxguy are cell phone gurus. :g_thumble

ummm... no, i don't think so.. :)

but since you mentioned my name i just gotta respond to this, lol.

i don't use a bluetooth headset myself, but i have heard that motorola's line of bluetooth headsets are quite recommended (the jabra that jamesave mentioned are also good, and was *the* headset of choice a couple of years ago when bluetooth just got popular). the 850 is their best of the line, but please google people's reviews first to confirm that it does actually perform better than the rest of the HS8xx series. i have read conflicting stories about the HS8xx and some of them are better than the others. not sure which is which.

if you have decided to get the 850, the best price i could find it for = $59.99, here

it looks like it's a California chain. very limited (but ok) resellerratings review here

Okay, to quote outnumbered... This will be my one stupid question of the day.

I have a Sony Ericsson phone and I know it has bluetooth, but I don't know what model it is and therefore don't know what accessories to shop for.

How do I find the model number?

Pull the battery out of the phone, and there's usually a tag under there with the phone model, serial number, and other info.

I don't know what it is, but I'm SO leery of pulling the battery out. I've had the phone for about 6 months now and I've never taken the battery cover off. I guess I'm afraid my settings will reset or something. Tell me I'm being ridiculous and I'll take the cover off.

Here's a pic of the phone. It says T637. Could there be another model that looks like this, or can I trust that it's a T637?

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/images/sonyericsson/t637.jpg

Guest DigDoug

Yeah don't worry about the battery. I doubt they store your data in temporary memory. I have two batteries for my phone and I swap them with the battery is low.

My old phone seems to be cooperating again. I like the size of my current phone. They don't make them this small anymore. I wish I could get the Motorola Razr, but they aren't offering it for Verizon yet. I can get the Motorola E815 free after rebate and picked the bluetooth headseat for around $70 so I guess it is time to upgrade.

The Motorrola E815 is muy hackable too.

I can't see your pic, but is it this one?

http://www.wirelessgalaxy.com/ac/SonyEricsson_T637_images/SonyEricssont637.gif

Yep, that's the one.

Oh, and you are being ridiculous... but you don't have to pull the battery out if that's the right phone! :g_laughin

:P

Guest DigDoug

DD#3 has this same phone and I'd like to get her a pink cover if it's available. Being new to the cell phone accessories scene, where should I go?

Your local mall usually will have kiosks for cell phone covers. There are probably some deals on ebay or if you google, a few accessories stores should come up.

Sorry, I haven't bought a face plate since my first phone.

DD#3 has this same phone and I'd like to get her a pink cover if it's available. Being new to the cell phone accessories scene, where should I go?

I'd say ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-FACEPLATE-Ericsson-T630-T637-Sony-COVER-140_W0QQitemZ5793687092QQcategoryZ35212QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Note that these items are very cheap (like 2 cents) if you buy it in bulk (wholesale) in China

I'd say ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-FACEPLATE-Ericsson-T630-T637-Sony-COVER-140_W0QQitemZ5793687092QQcategoryZ35212QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Note that these items are very cheap (like 2 cents) if you buy it in bulk (wholesale) in China

I was just looking at this exact seller a few minutes ago. I guess I'll let her look at them and see if she wants one. I'm perfectly happy with the black cover that came with the phone.

Funny... I can remember my first cell phone, a really bulky Nokia, and all the accessories I had for it. Now I just stick it in my purse or pocket and forget about it. Guess the novelty wore off fast.