Children's Place Sale-Additional 50% off Clearance

love2beurwifey

I was really hoping that the clearance prices would be reduced an additional 50% from what was shown, but the amount indicated is the actual final price. Many, if not most, items are less than 50% off. Only "select" items have the full discount. However, I still picked up several cute things that I've been wanting for my DD. Babytalk99 will get you an additional 15% off. Shipping is $5.00, regardless of how many items are purchased. :)

Even though I placed an order and am generally okay with what I paid, I find the manner in which this promotion was advertised to be extremely misleading. For what it's worth, I emailed the following complaint to them this evening:

I am very confused by your current "Take an additional 50% off already reduced merchandise" promotion. First, the link from your home page to this promotion, as well as the banner at the top of the page once you link there, indicates an additional 50% off. That, all by itself, is misleading, since there is not an ADDITIONAL 50% taken off of the prices reflected on that page. There is small text that indicates the prices shown are the final prices, but the entire promotion is misleading at best. Additionally, most of the items appearing under this "additional 50% off" clearance category are NOT 50% off the original prices. Only a few are actually reduced that much. I generally enjoy doing business with TCP, but I find the manner in which this particular promotion was advertised to be marginally unethical. I hope it will be clarified or otherwise corrected immediately.