Brand new BB in our town

dustysky

I have done BB for years now in the same town which happens to be 40-45 minutes away from home for me.

I have always been in the first 50 and have gotten to know the people who show up year after year and we all "watch out" for each other.

This year they opened a new BB 5 minutes from my house (not open yet - another week is the predicted open date) defiantly in time for BF.

I am a little torn about being at the new one simply because of the friends we haven gotten to know.

More importantly I am concerned because it is BRAND NEW will they run things nearly as smooth as the established BB's??

So what I want to know is if there is a certain protocol that all BB's follow, i.e. giving tickets etc or does each store do things there own way??

For the most part all of the BB does the ticket system. It comes from the home office. I would ask the manager at your new store and see what they will do.

I have done BB for years now in the same town which happens to be 40-45 minutes away from home for me.

I have always been in the first 50 and have gotten to know the people who show up year after year and we all "watch out" for each other.

This year they opened a new BB 5 minutes from my house (not open yet - another week is the predicted open date) defiantly in time for BF.

I am a little torn about being at the new one simply because of the friends we haven gotten to know.

More importantly I am concerned because it is BRAND NEW will they run things nearly as smooth as the established BB's??

So what I want to know is if there is a certain protocol that all BB's follow, i.e. giving tickets etc or does each store do things there own way??

You are in an extremely enviable position! Two years ago, a store opened up, and i was concerned about the handling of the event, so i skipped it and went to another. I found out later, that due to the closeness of the opening to Black Friday, that few people knew of it's existence! I went there the next year and found that all of my concerns(especially the porta-Johns) were taken care of.:D

Just an update - I am beyond upset. I sit here typing this on my laptop from a hospital room :(

I came into the er yesterday with stomach pain and was admitted. Come to find out a previous hernia surgery has "gone bad" and I will be heading down to the operating room today at 2:00.

With that being said I will not make it to the store opening and BF looks bleak (I actually cried about this, real tears and all!!).

Everyone keeps telling me to worry about my health and that BF is no big deal but I know if anyone will understand ALL of you would truly understand.

I know there is the online shopping but thats just not the same as camping out with my son.

I am sad :(

Just an update - I am beyond upset. I sit here typing this on my laptop from a hospital room :(

I came into the er yesterday with stomach pain and was admitted. Come to find out a previous hernia surgery has "gone bad" and I will be heading down to the operating room today at 2:00.

With that being said I will not make it to the store opening and BF looks bleak (I actually cried about this, real tears and all!!).

Everyone keeps telling me to worry about my health and that BF is no big deal but I know if anyone will understand ALL of you would truly understand.

I know there is the online shopping but thats just not the same as camping out with my son.

That sucks! Sorry to hear about your troubles. Some people don't understand how much fun things like this are come black friday, we understand your pain! :yup:

You have PM.

Edited by Klownicle

Wow, that really sucks! I am so sorry. I will be at that Best Buy this Saturday for the Grand Opening. I totally understand how you are feeling. Get well soon!