Best Buy "Pitch In Card"

mom8w

I noticed the "Pitch In Card" as a payment option the other day while making an online purchase, and thought I'd mention it here...nice way to perhaps squirrel away a little extra $ for B/B ahead of time. You do need to wait for a physical card to arrive before you can activate it. From what I read, there should be cards available in-store. FAQs are helpful for the details. Edited by mom8w
Links were the same...sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a huge difference. For me, it's easier to manage one card verses several different gift cards if I'm making a bigger purchase...I'm not an organized individual, so giftcards in my purse are not a great idea! :) Also, I can add smaller amounts, whereas the giftcards available at my grocery store are only in increments of $25.

We don't live immediately near a Best Buy, more than an hour to the nearest one, so most of my dealings are online. It took a couple of weeks for my card to arrive. It took a couple of days for the first funds to credit to the Pitch In Card, but I was adding from several gift cards. I will have to see if it takes as long from a credit/debit card. I'm just checking it out as a strategy for my household, since I don't save well for holidays, and since gift cards have proved to be a little more successful toward that end.

Tried adding small amounts from both bankcard and from PayPal (I didn't know paypal was an option for payment at Best Buy!), and these happened quite quickly. I don't know if the first time was slower due to the giftcard balances I added, or due to the fact that I had just activated the Pitch In card. Will see later in the week.