Cricut machine for scrapbooking

Amazon has one for $61.28

Cuttlebug Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine

http://www.amazon.com/Cuttlebug-Die-Cutting-and-Embossing-Machine/dp/B000S1380K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1254958664&sr=8-4

------------------------------

Walmart has one for $195.00

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11040047

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/11/13/00/01/96/1113000196235_215X215.jpg

Just an FYI - That first link is for a Cuttlebug, not a Cricut. The Cuttlebug is a die-cutting machine as well, but it is a manual crank machine. Still a fun toy and made by the same company, but not a Cricut.

here is an Amazon link to the Cricut Personal Machine:

http://www.amazon.com/Cricut-29-0001-Personal-Electronic-Cutting/dp/B000W5I9OC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1254962049&sr=8-1

I have this machine and love it, but if you can swing it, you should go straight to the Cricut Expression...I don't think you will regret it. And last Black Friday, the Expression was $199 with 2 (?) cartridges at WalMart. Hope there's a good deal out there this year too!

You can also check out the messageboard at www.cricut.com/messageboard

The information there is invaluable!

Hope that helps!

Jen

I have the small Cricut and want to upgrade to the Expression.

Michaels has had the special edition pink Expression for $299 about every other week or so. You could always sell the special cartridge it comes with to help make up the price, last I saw it was selling for $120 on ebay.

Anyone know the difference between the cricut expression versus the Expression? I had some tell me tht it was best to get the smaller one just because she doesn't use anyletters over 5 inches- she says the mats and such as more expensive for general scrapbooking and card-making!

Anyone know the difference between the cricut expression versus the Expression? I had some tell me tht it was best to get the smaller one just because she doesn't use anyletters over 5 inches- she says the mats and such as more expensive for general scrapbooking and card-making!

I think you mean the difference between the regular cricut and the cricut expression. The expression has a lot more functions and can cut much bigger designs. Like if you want to make a border for a 12x12 page you could do that. Also with the expression you can choose to cut multiple of the same design. With the regular one you can only cut one at a time. HTH

JoAnn and M's won't let you use the coupon on the Cricut items.

I have the original Cricut and I love it....I use it for so much more than scrapbooking--school, Girl Scouts, invitations, decorations, etc. I just hosted a Bridal Shower and I did almost everything with the Cricut, some cardstock and glue. The bride was thrilled, and we received a lot of compliments.

Check the Cricut message board for the latest deals, as previously suggested. You might find a previously owned original Cricut from someone who has gone to the Expression...a friend found one on Craigslist for a good deal.

I would wait until Black Friday. I bought a Create at Michael's last year for $150. (If I remember correctly Walmart had the Expression for $200, and JoAnn's had the original for $100). They also had the cartridges on sale for $30. I mostly buy my cartridges on ebay (although be careful, there are some crappy sellers out there with Cricut stuff lately :( ), JuJu Bee's online store, and in stores like Michael's.

You can use a JoAnn's coupon on Cricut merchandise as long as it is NOT a machine or cartridge. Read the fine print ~ so you can use it on the tools, mats, markers, and blades. Michael's coupons exclude all Cricut items.

Expression - the large size where you can cut up to 12x24 (but mostly you'll probably just use the 12x12 mat). This is nice if you need a large item cut. It is quite large, so not easy to transport, but many of my friends do. You can now buy rolling bags to fit the Expression, or one friend uses a smaller rolling suitcase. There is now a pink Expression that is being sold for around $300-$400. The only difference is the color and the blade housing is made of different material. It also has the breast cancer cartridge in it that is going for around $100 on ebay.

Create - cuts up to 6x12 like the original, "baby bug", but has some features of the Expression like flip, portrait, etc. Easy to carry to crops.

Original/"Baby Bug" - cuts 6x12 and is the original machine. Does not have extra features, but is easy to carry to crops.

You can use the regular or deep cut blades in any of the machines. You can also use the markers in any of the machines. You cannot use the 6x12 mats in the Expression, you must use 12x12 or 12x24. You can only use the 6x12 in the baby bug or Create.

• 1 month later...