Scholastic Warehouse Book Sales for May

sbaldasare

Thanks, there is finally one near my home, have you gone before? I was wondering if they put their books even cheaper the last day or are the prices good the first day on, I also signed up to volunteer, with 3 kiddos under 11, we read a lot of books!

I have been to several. It really varries as far as what they will do with books later in the sale.

Most of the times the ones that they have for 50% off do not change. They stay at 50% off. But the clearance ones change often. At ours they are always bringing more books out. So it helps to go several days.. beginning middle and end.

I've been to a lot of these sales, there are great deals to be found. Don't forget to check out the novelty items, great stuff for party bags. They usually have cookbooks, coffee table books and the Klutz book/kits as well.

Keep in mind it's a working warehouse--I take wipes for my hands as they tend to get fairly dusty after a while.

Thanks guys I'm really excited about this, I used to work in a school so I was always ordering from the flyers the classes would get but I'm a SAHM now and our kids school really isn't big on doing the flyers thoughout the year so this is going to be great!

http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/

With the price of gas, I am so excited there will be a sale in my town. I even volunteered to work. Hope I get a chance to work - volunteers get 10.00 an hour in merchandise credit. Yippe!

Yeah, just got off the phone with the Scholastic people and I'm working 2 days 6 hours each so $120 in free books, looks like I will be done for another year! Yeah! Thanks so much OP!

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been to several of these! They are soo much fun..

I usually bring one of those wheelie bags or small suitcases they work great as things can get pretty heavy lol

I also like to bring a calculator, large ziplock type bags (for cds, pencils,stickers etc) and handy wipes as well.

Yeah, just got off the phone with the Scholastic people and I'm working 2 days 6 hours each so $120 in free books, looks like I will be done for another year! Yeah! Thanks so much OP!

I am working two 3 hour shifts.... what a great plan!

This sounds great! Can a non school staff person/registered homeschooler attend with a person that qualifies? Kind of like a Sam's club where you can bring guests?

Just go on the site and register, you can go on your own. I am a volunteer, I do some schooling at home although DD goes to school, there are a lot of options. Honestly, I don't think they actually care.

Have fun!

Wow! I went to one of these about a month or so ago, and it was a colossal waste of time. It was only 2 days, went the first day and they had nothing but some junk. I was annoyed at wasting my gas!

This one will be different and much better if you're going to a warehouse site (I go to the Anaheim Warehouse, so I can't speak for the ones held at community centers, etc). The entire place is open and most things are 50% off, not just the junky clearance area in the front. There are 2 each year that are worth going for me - this one and the one right before Christmas.

I've been to the one in Anaheim, CA (big warehouse) about 10 different times and the one in Culver City, CA once (smaller venue - more like a medium sized store with warehouse shelving).

FYI: These sales are books from the "Scholastic Book Fairs" not the fliers that come home with the kids. Many of the books are the same or similar but they're not the same division of scholastic.

I've always found the sales more than worth my time and the drive. I have always had use for my $10 off $50 coupon and then some (I rarely get out of there under $100 - we really like books in this house and they also make great gifts).

There is always a bargain area, another area where things are at set prices (50 cents, $1, $2, etc) and then the rest of the warehouse is just shelves and the books are 50% off the price listed on the cover. It's a great deal! :smart:

I worked this week. Our sale was a smaller one, not in the typical warehouse setting. But I didn't have any problem spending more than what I earned! I helped bag/box up items, put items back on the shelves when people changed their minds and straightened up shelves.

Were the prices really good or just ok?

Were you able to get the stuff you wanted right away or did you have to wait?

On a different note were you able to get your .23 pizza at papa johns yesterday? I got a voucher for one over here.

Thanks for the info.

The prices were 50% off on almost all the books. A few of the newer release ones were 30% off (Diary of an Ant - had to get that one!) and they had some bargain books that were $2. They allowed me to pick out the books I wanted the 1st day that I worked and set them aside for when I was finished.

actually I didn't know they expanded the .23 pizza to our area until my husband mentioned the long line and police at the only Papa John's store in town. I decided to skip the adventure!

I signed up for a 3 hour shift on Tuesday 5/13. Will report back with my thoughts. Can we still use the $10 off $50 when we are using our merch credit for working? Hope so! I haven't been to this sale before, but I figure now is a good time to try it! ;)

I worked my first 3 hour shift this past saturday and had fun... I scoped out what I am going to use my credit on next weekend after my next (and last) 3 hour shift.

VTMommy - which sale are you working?

I worked my first 3 hour shift this past saturday and had fun... I scoped out what I am going to use my credit on next weekend after my next (and last) 3 hour shift.

VTMommy - which sale are you working?

Conj -- will be working the Bedford, NH sale (there is also one in Portsmouth, NH apparently). It's a good 1.5 hr drive for me, but I am planning to hit Target, etc as well and make a date of it ;) Did you work at the Williston one? I had never been but always meant to as my child care provider always passed along the great deals she found there.

They just put up a sale in my area (about 45 minutes away). It's supposed to be a big warehouse, so I think I may venture over there tomorrow. My son's birthday is in two weeks, and he is an incredibly avid reader...if I can pick up some discount books that would be great!!! Hope it turns out well!!! :)

I just got back from the warehouse. Holy cow, talk about a ton of books!!! This was one of the greatest sales ever (for my family at least). I managed to get somewhere around 30 books (a lot we had already purchased through book orders and book fairs) and spent $47. I did notice a sign that volunteers at our sale were to get a $20 credit for each hour worked. Not sure if they upped the amount everywhere, but I wish I had time to work. Thanks for the heads up OP!!! :)

Edited by caitlinn

They just put up a sale in my area (about 45 minutes away). It's supposed to be a big warehouse, so I think I may venture over there tomorrow. My son's birthday is in two weeks, and he is an incredibly avid reader...if I can pick up some discount books that would be great!!! Hope it turns out well!!! :)

I just got back from the warehouse. Holy cow, talk about a ton of books!!! This was one of the greatest sales ever (for my family at least). I managed to get somewhere around 30 books (a lot we had already purchased through book orders and book fairs) and spent $47. I did notice a sign that volunteers at our sale were to get a $20 credit for each hour worked. Not sure if they upped the amount everywhere, but I wish I had time to work. Thanks for the heads up OP!!! :)

Thanks for telling us about your sale, I'm hoping mine will be as good and I'm gonna have to ask about the increase in pay, that would be nice. I'm gonna have to take a picture of our library or make a list before I go to mine so I don't buy a book we already have.

Ours was junk! I was so mad!

I got several books with a price sticker on the front. Above the case, it said 50% off. When I got to the checkout, they said those were priced like the sticker. No discounts. With that, my total was $37, but since she had already rang me up, she wouldn't let me go back for more to use my coupon.

I would have left everything, but I had a friend's stuff, too.

Also, they were begging for volunteers for Saturday. Funny thing is that I and several others had signed up and were never called.