Please Read: Forum Software Upgrade

Brad

Forgive my lack of knowledge of technical terms...

When you hold your cursor over a thread, it previews the thread. In Conj's thread 'guess what DH brought home', there is a spoiler, but in the preview pane, it displays the contents of the spoiler.

This is not a big deal to me at all, just something I noticed.

I got rid of the New Member/Senior Member labels as they weren't really useful since they went by # of posts. So someone who registered 2 years ago but only posted 5 times would still show "New Member".

So from now on, everyone will be a Member unless you have enough posts/time on the board to change your title yourself.

I got rid of the New Member/Senior Member labels as they weren't really useful since they went by # of posts. So someone who registered 2 years ago but only posted 5 times would still show "New Member".

So from now on, everyone will be a Member unless you have enough posts/time on the board to change your title yourself.

Ahhh....so, in theory, I could promote myself to Supreme, Superior, Senior Member? :D

ok I am confused, I was wondering how you all did that under your user name, like "Just a plain ol' Member" or "Can't we all just get along?" How do you do that? Oh and while I'm here, where did my referral link go? :(

Go to your control panel and click on Edit my details and then you an type in what you want it to say.

So, excuse me if this is a dumb or repeated question........Is the profile I created before, including pics gone and I have to start all over? I can not seem to find my old pics

If you are referring to the old member pages, yes, those were not compatible with the new forum software and have been deleted.

The calendar has always been there since the forum started back in 2004 :P

We don't use it for anything (it has the birthdays by default, but that's it).

Oh, okay, I had no clue, lol.

But, I don't know if you want everyone to be able to do this, but I added an entry to Feb 29. If you want me to I can delete it or leave it. :)

Oh, okay, I had no clue, lol.

But, I don't know if you want everyone to be able to do this, but I added an entry to Feb 29. If you want me to I can delete it or leave it. :)

I deleted it and made sure those permissions were turned off for everyone.

In the future we might have some use for it, but for now we'll just have it show birthdays.

If I add someone as a "friend" and I accept then am I automatically their "friend" too or do I have to request that they be my "friend" too? (and after reading what I just wrote am I back in high school? :lmao: )

If you send a friend request to someone and they accept, then you are each other's friend, so you don't need to do it twice.

Guest JustMeDiana

I seem to have gotten demoted from Senior Member to just plain ol' Member. ::o

The post just below mine, DaveL, has LESS posts than me and he is still a Senior Member.

I noticed this too..... I just recently discovered that I WAS a Senior Member then out of no where just a plain old member..... I thought I had done something wrong..... I was just scared to ask :gdparanoid:

Woohoo! We have a Calendar available too!!!!

http://forums.gottadeal.com/calendar.php

This is terrific!

Is it an individual calendar or a group calendar?

This is the first time I noticed it :giggle: