Please Read: Forum Software Upgrade

Brad

I just upgraded to the latest and greatest version of vBulletin, our forum software.

Because of the large number of customizations I did on the previous version, some things are not exactly right just yet. For example, there is no longer a column for the thread starter in the forum thread listings (the thread starter is now under the title). Also the formatting on the user profile pages is not displaying correctly right now.

So I am going to continue to work on these issues, but in the meantime, you can once again use the forum, and please use this thread to report any other problems you run across, as there are bound to be some more issues that need to be worked out.

Also, while I have enabled some of the new forum features, I am holding off on the rest of them until I can work the bugs out of what we have now.

So take a look around, reply with any bugs you find or any questions you might have, and things should be completely up and running within a week or so :)

Okay, not proper terminology.

But before the upgrade, when viewing a thread, at the bottom of the thread, it displayed something similar to this:

GottaDeal.com Forums > Off Topic > Discuss GottaDeal.com > Please Read: Forum Software Upgrade

Now I don't see that, and see the Digg/Google/etc. It was handy as you didn't have to scroll back to the top of the page to go back.

Fwiw

Ok I found my answer. When you lick on a person name you will get a page that says Vistor message about me stats contact info.. If you go to the stats you can find a palce to IM the peson or you can look up the post they have made.

Ok I found my answer. When you lick on a person name you will get a page that says Vistor message about me stats contact info.. If you go to the stats you can find a palce to IM the peson or you can look up the post they have made.

Sorry, but I can not resist.

When you 'lick' on a person......:tongue1::D:cheesy:

Okay, not proper terminology.

But before the upgrade, when viewing a thread, at the bottom of the thread, it displayed something similar to this:

GottaDeal.com Forums > Off Topic > Discuss GottaDeal.com > Please Read: Forum Software Upgrade

Now I don't see that, and see the Digg/Google/etc. It was handy as you didn't have to scroll back to the top of the page to go back.

Fwiw

Yes, the breadcrumb (as it's called) will be put at the bottom as well. It's on the to-do list :)

I very much miss the "My recent posts" link under the Quick Links dropdown.

You can always set your account to subscribe you to the threads you reply to. Then they'll appear in your control panel.

Go here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/profile.php?do=editoptions (The option is called "Default Thread Subscription Mode" but set it to "no e-mail notification")

What happened to all the old pm messages? :shock: I had a few that I would like to have back... :yup: :yup:

All my PM are still there

All Idid was go to Your Notifications and then to Unread and everything was there the ones that I read and unread.

Guest JustMeDiana

Visitor messages are different from private messages. Visitors messages are the comments people can leave on your profile page. The PMs are listed separately.

Found it!!!! What happened to the up button on the post? What about the thank you reply???

err..... The links at the bottom, what do they do if you click on them? I'm a wimp and really don't want to experiment in case I mess up somewhere along the way.

I'm referring to:

"Digg" "del.icio.us" "StumbleUpon" and "Google"

it will submit them to those websites. the more often a certain web page is "digg"ed for example, it will show up on the digg website and generate more traffic this way. so if you "digg" a certain thread or anywhere on the internet, a certain webpage and you want to get it more traffic, submit it to digg and the more "diggs" it gets, the higher up on their webpage it goes.

Like I said, I'll be adding many of the old features back over the next week or two. Some of them will have to wait until there are versions compatible with the new forum software, but most should be back soon :)

i was editing my signature, and when i clicked on the "Save" button, it takes me directly to the "Events" page, saying that there arent any events to show.....just wanted to let ya know... :):)

When I edit my signature, afterwards it sends me back to the main "Control Panel" home page (which for me just says I have no subscribed threads).

Try again and let me know if it happens again, and if it saves your changes made to your signature.

Some updates:

- I fixed the formatting on the user profile pages.

- Your profile page now shows the latest members to view it.

- You can now add "friends" which show on your member page (these are separate from your contact list - members on your contact list but not in your friends do not show up on your profile page). I believe it works like MySpace where you have to approve friend requests.

- The "thanks" feature has been re-enabled for the sweepstakes/freebies/surveys forums.

- The contest forum now uses the new Thread Prefixes feature to designate daily/weekly/monthly/1X contests. You can view only certain prefixes using the menu at the bottom of those forum pages.

- the navigation "breadcrumb" has been re-added to the bottom of thread pages (under the bookmarks section)

- Members with at least 5 posts should be able to create photo albums and share them.

That's all for now. I'll continue tweaking things as needed :D

When I edit my signature, afterwards it sends me back to the main "Control Panel" home page (which for me just says I have no subscribed threads).

Try again and let me know if it happens again, and if it saves your changes made to your signature.

yep, its (the sig) is up now...thanks :)

You can always set your account to subscribe you to the threads you reply to. Then they'll appear in your control panel.

Go here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/profile.php?do=editoptions (The option is called "Default Thread Subscription Mode" but set it to "no e-mail notification")

I miss it too..yea, I could subscribe but it was easier to just use the quick links. Please bring it back if possible.