I have to share my excitement!

ohitsunshine

This is our first Christmas in Fl- we moved from NY about 6 months ago. We have ZERO family down here and my 3 kids are missing everyone. My mom and dad are going to be showing up on Christmas morning- the kids have no idea! We are busy making this big turkey dinner with 4 pies and the kids are just seriously unknowing :yup: We even have their presents under the tree and still, no clue!

Well they got me! Here I am thinking they are driving from VA to FL after stopping to visit my sisters. They never left VA until after 9 pm, so I was thinking great, they are going to miss presents after driving 12 hours. I fell asleep about midnight after doing Santa duty. A little before 1 am I get a call- my mom saying one of my outside lights is blown. I am thinking ok, its 1 am....what the heck do I care? Oh...wait a minute. How did she know that? I go to the front door and open it and in my half awakeness I see nothing. My husband opens the door and is like they are right there! I never even saw their car. Turns out they had bought plane tickets and decided to surprise me on top of it all!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Oh my gosh, too funny about your mom calling about the light to surprise you - rofl.

So what did the kids say?! I can't wait to hear about their reactions. :D

Kids woke up at about 2 am and walked right into where they were sleeping. My oldest is really close to my mom so she just hopped right into bed and woke her up! They were very excited!