We have received great feedback on the current site, and we know that our visitors like the clean layout, photos of the deal items, and the fact that we don't have any advertising whatsoever. Those 3 things will remain the same. We're not going to do a dramatic overhaul where you can't find your way around the site. Things on the site will for the most part look similar - just a little more polished with some new features.
That is where you, our loyal visitors, come into play. We have our own thoughts, but we want your ideas for things you would like to see in the next version. No suggestion is off-limits. Even if it seems impossible, post it anyway. If you like something on one of our competitor's sites, let us know and and we'll steal it and make it better (they steal our deals all the time - might as well as take something from them, ).
Some new features that we're already planning on including:
- new layout graphics (logo & color scheme will be staying the same)
- better search results (including main site and forum threads)
- detailed rebate information for each deal (URL to form, amount, expiration date)
- ability to customize the deals shown - pick a specific store, category, rebates (yes/no/either), date range, etc... or any combination of those and then sort the deals by date posted, item price, etc... for example, "show me all flash drive deals at buy.com that don't involve rebates sorted by final price"
- better labeling of expired deals (to the best of our efforts)
- forum stats box on the main site with things like # of users, threads, posts and online users (to hopefully encourage more people who just visit the main site to join us here)
- less text with the deal descriptions - will allow for more deals per screen and faster load times
- single page listing all retailers with affiliate links to help support the site
We just want ideas. We'll leave this thread open for a few weeks and see how things go. Once the new design launches, we'll randomly pick someone who gave us at least one idea in this thread and they will win a $25 gift certificate to a mutually agreeable online retailer