Lowes BF ad

Brad

We always get those. :D Plus, my boyfriend's mom works at Lowe's. Needless to say we shop there a lot. We have to buy new xmas decorations for the yard every year. We make it bigger and bigger each year. I am glad my boyfriend really loves doing the yard up big for xmas. It's so fun.

last year lowes was one of the stores who sent their lawyers after us, and they really were jerks about the whole thing.

so this is as good as the promotion for their ad is going to get. one little non-stickied forum thread. the items likely won't be posted on the main BF site (so it doesn't draw much attention and i don't waste hours typing them up only to have to take them down tomorrow), so if you want to see the ad, here it is:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/images/lowes.pdf

Thanks for all your hard work Brad! I've been downloading the pdf's to a flash drive - easy to travel with (for T'Giving at DD) and easy to delete when BF is done.

Just wondering if everyone else just recently received a coupon (actually more like a card) good for $10.00 off any $25.00 purchase at Lowes? Not sure why, but we received one in my name and one in husbands name. In the last week or so.

We got them also. They will be great to use on BF!

Guest Mom1979

We got them also. They will be great to use on BF!

My thoughts exactly. It's a must hit for me. In fact one of the items I was just saying this might be the year I break down & purchase them because I've never saw them on sale and here they are :)

Guest innatthepark

Just received a ad flyer that could help for BF and those wanting an extra tool chest.

Per the ad:

Free 3-drawer intermediate chest.

#274217 with purchase of any Kobalt powder coated chest/cabinet combination, a #139 value. Offer valid 11/18/07 through 12/2/07. See store for details.

My understanding from this ad is that they will have to honor this on BF.

that b&d drill combo on the front page was 119.00 now 39.97??? great deal but is the product any good?

Hello,

It's not bad for a home owner/light use.

I bought the Firestorm assortment - which had a recip saw.circ saw.sander. and the larger drill for $199.00 a few years ago. It came w/two batteries and a two station battery charger.

The batteries have a very short life, both shelf and use time. Replacement batteries ran close to $50.00 back then. I believe they had dropped quite a bit since - yep ad says regular price is about $20.

Anyhow to make a long story short - one day we were in Wal-mart and they had the same drill that's in the ad for $59.00, with a single station charger and two batteries.

I picked one up simply because of the battery price.

I've used it quite a bit as a backup to and in addition to the other one.

Just be aware that the battery will lose it's charge quickly just sitting around. You pretty much have to pre-plan your use of the drill to allow for an hour or so of charge time before hand.

The strengths of it - low cost, higher quality than the other low quality ones (the ones the close out places sell for ~ $20.00, availibilty of batteries long term. medium power due to the 18volt (mine had more torque than my corded B&D 3/8" drill, handy no tool bit change(I spend too much time searching for a chuck key).

Drawbacks, lack of any battery life. low power compared to mid/upper range ones, the no tool bit change design can slip under a heavy load, you can't take it out of the tool box after a week and drill a couple of holes w/out first charging the battery, extremely poor design for holding the battery in place - it uses a small plastic "lip" instead of a post - I ruined two batteries using the sander form the above asortment due to the vibration chewing up the plastic lip.

If it's any help, I plan on getting the DeWalt 18 volt for $99.00 to replace the B&D ones.

Mine (the B&D) servered me well enough to get through two house remodels.

HTH.

I'm looking at the 4-piece Whirlpool appliance set. I have one of those 10% discount coupons(up to a $5,000 purchase), and was wondering if I would be able to use it on Black Friday? This would make the whole set a pretty good deal at $1376! Do you think they'd let me use the coupon? There is a line in the disclaimer about this coupon may not be used with "any other coupon or discount," however, I have used the coupons a few times at Lowe's before to buy clearance and on-sale items and have never had a problem... but those purchases weren't near this big.

Hello,

I have one of those 10% discount coupons(up to a $5,000 purchase), and was wondering if I would be able to use it on Black Friday?

Usually not.

Most of the really good ads Lowes runs will say not good with any other offers. They generally say you can't use a gift card for purchaces of some sale items also - which both infuriates and confuses me.

If they already have their money, why should they care what you spend it on and when you spend it...grrrrr....

I totally agree the treatment they should get in response to what they did last year, but keeping wiht the BF spirit ...

I just saw this deal for BF only on Lowes ad:

Lowes ad

Looks like the total deal is $2102 BEFORE rebate, and there is $600 MIR. Considering:

1. 1.6 cu.ft Microwave oven

2. Stainless look Gas range

3. Stainless look Dishwasher and

4. 25 cu. ft Stainless-look refrigerator,

is this a good deal?

Thanks,

That seems like a pretty darn good deal to me. Go to ebay and buy a 10% off coupon and try to use it too. The set is $50 cheaper here in N.C., but I guess because you're in NJ, everything's a little higher. I've been shopping for a new set of app's for my new kitchen... and a standard black low-mid range set was gonna be between 1600-1800.