>>> Official Black Friday GPS Navigation Unit Discussion Thread <<< (updated 11/29)

Marcster

I opened my tomtom one third edition this past weekend and it was a blast. My DS had to take his SAT test in a neighboring town, but didn't know his way there or back, he said that thing was AWESOME, it took him to the front door of the facility and brought him back to the front door of our house and I have not uploaded the new map information you guys are talking about. :D, I'm very pleased with it so far.

Love my TT LE too so far everything has been a smooth transition. Love the customizable voices as well! But for the price The Navigon 1200t works like a trooper as well! And the free traffic for life works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all! i purchased my TomTom Go 3rd Edition from BJS. The price was $129 and you had to purchase online. I figured why stand in the cold when I can get it the same price from the comfort of my home.

When I sent an e-mail to check my order, I received this message:

Thank you for contacting BJ's with your inquiry. We welcome your input and strive to make every BJ's shopping trip exceed your expectations.

Unfortunately, we will not have a status update on this order until 12/09/07. We were supposed to receive over 4,000 units of the TomTom, but the supplier only gave us 400. Therefore, we have a lot of orders that were placed that cannot be filled due to a vendor mistake. We are doing everything we can to make sure that all orders are filled, but at this time we cannot tell if your order has been placed or not. I am showing that the authorization on your credit card was canceled, which normally signifies that the order is being canceled. Please contact us back on 12/09/07 for more information, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'm not very happy about this! Not sure if anyone else bought from BJs!

On Black Friday I prefer to go out and stand on line, even if it is cold but I have a better chance to get what I want. I have seen in this forum a lot of orders that were placed on BF being cancelled. I went to Staples with my nephew, I got there at 5:15 am and we got the Navigon 2100T for $99.00.