Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Holiday Clearance Dates

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 nineofus  OFFLINE  

nineofus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 7:23 am

Happened to be in CVS (one that used to be an Eckerd) last night and they still had quite a few Christmas items to choose from at 90% off - lights, wrapping paper, bags, bows, cards, candy. Some lady was loading her cart down with candy canes. She looks up at me all wide-eyed and asks, "If these are regularly .99, how much would they be now?" I tell her they'll be .09 or .10 cents. "Thats's what I thought!", she says, and continues loading down her cart. So my question is, what do you do with 25 - 30 boxes of candy canes after Christmas? :holiday09

#32 Aaron  OFFLINE  

Aaron

• 4,343 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 10:39 am

Happened to be in CVS (one that used to be an Eckerd) last night and they still had quite a few Christmas items to choose from at 90% off - lights, wrapping paper, bags, bows, cards, candy. Some lady was loading her cart down with candy canes. She looks up at me all wide-eyed and asks, "If these are regularly .99, how much would they be now?" I tell her they'll be .09 or .10 cents. "Thats's what I thought!", she says, and continues loading down her cart.

So my question is, what do you do with 25 - 30 boxes of candy canes after Christmas? :holiday09

Yeah, that happened here too.

#33 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 12:59 pm

Happened to be in CVS (one that used to be an Eckerd) last night and they still had quite a few Christmas items to choose from at 90% off - lights, wrapping paper, bags, bows, cards, candy. Some lady was loading her cart down with candy canes. She looks up at me all wide-eyed and asks, "If these are regularly .99, how much would they be now?" I tell her they'll be .09 or .10 cents. "Thats's what I thought!", she says, and continues loading down her cart.

So my question is, what do you do with 25 - 30 boxes of candy canes after Christmas? :holiday09

i wouldn't have bought the candy canes, but i sure as heck would have bought the chocolate.

GO BRUINS!

#34 JonathanM  OFFLINE  

JonathanM

• 1,163 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 1:25 pm

9 of them would be 10 cents, and 1 box would be 9 cents.

She could try to sell them on ebay.

#35 nineofus  OFFLINE  

nineofus

• 1,235 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 1:54 pm

i wouldn't have bought the candy canes, but i sure as heck would have bought the chocolate.

Oh... did I leave that part of the story out? :)

I bought all the sugarfree choc. marshmallow santas (about 10 or so) and 4 boxes of 5 Lindt choc. Santa ornaments.

I don't know what we're having for dinner tonight, but I know what I'm having for dessert!! :yelclap:

#36 starshine  OFFLINE  

starshine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 3:15 pm

The lady with the candy canes might belong to a group that has a party with Santa passing out Candy Canes. They would keep until next year as long as they are keep dry. But who know she may just be a CANE FREAK!!! LOL

#37 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,347 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 12, 2005 - 6:22 pm

I freeze the candy canes--We don't eat them. A couple of years ago, I decided that it was really wasteful to throw them out after Christmas, so I put them in a corn dog box and froze them for the next year. I threw away any that were broken, but those same canes are on their 4th year. We've lost a few of them due to breakage, but other than that, they look the same. It also helped that that year, we had a real tree that was HUGE and we bought a lot of candy canes (about 8 boxes) so this year, we had a little one and had about 40 candy canes left and it looked great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users