Hollisters? Abercrombie?

natasha

I think I've mentioned this before; I time stamp all my jeans I buy. While the Hollister & AF Jeans are more expensive, they last considerably longer than the Union Bay, Old Navy and even American Eagle jeans that I own. Comparing to some AE jeans I bought about 4 years ago, which are now basically trash, my Abercrombie jeans still look nearly brand new. Not only that, but they do fit much better than most other brands. Though I do have to admit, my Paper Denim & Cloth jeans & my True Religion jeans easily stomp Abercrombie in terms of how they fit.

The term, you get what you pay for, does actually apply. The clothes at AF & Hollister are on the pricey side, but they do last longer and look better.

*grumble* i want true religions...

anyways on the whole abercrombie jeans do last longer and have better quality. just be careful what you buy, because some of those women's jeans are down right skimpy. i also don't buy pants that are already torn up, i can do that myself for free.

i nearly got a pair for 20 bucks at the abercrombie outlet a few months ago, but when i tried them on... um they looked like the "mom jeans" from SNL. needless to say, they went straight to the reject pile.

i just think it's funny they used the name "hollister" for a store. that's a farm town in near central california.

The True Religions are real nice. Paper Denim & Cloth are comparable, but they seem to be just ever so slightly stiffer. They have odd button placements too ... like I have a "snap" thing right on my crotch. If you're going to buy a pair, they seem to run a bit longer on the guys side. I don't know if it's the same for women, but their 30/30's are more comparable to a 32/30.

The Abercrombie guy's jeans can be a bit funny too. I recommend staying away from any of the jeans that are pre-ripped. They look cool, but I always get my toes caught in the holes, and basically rip them in half, so I've gave up on them. My room mate basically wears them exclusively, but he's a nancy boy and takes longer to get ready than most women.

At least you have stores named after the towns. If they were to do that on Ohio, we'd have stores named like Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, or Tuscarawas.

where are the outlet stores? I live in Maryland? Who is the ebay lady?

I know that both Hollister and A&F have stores in Gurnee Mills in Illinois. I also went to an A&F outlet in the Mall of America. I can't remember if they have a Hollister outlet though. You can find great deals there but some of the things may have imperfections. A pair of jeans I bought had a button missing, some things may have a small hole or a snag. I got a button up shirt for $3 because it had a small hole in the collar.

I tried to find a list of their outlet stores and I couldn't find one. I even contacted the store asking for information on their outlets and I didn't receive a response.

Both of my girls shop at aero(15 & 19) but I have taught them to head straight for the clearance racks. Shopping later in the season saves quite a bit and if they wait and shop at the end of the season, they clean up. My older dd is real good at finding jeans for $9.xx and shirts for $2.xx.

You sound like me :) mine are 14 & 18.. they go to the clearence first, then over to the regular.. usually end up buying in the clearence. They shop at AE. Hollister, A&F, Aero, Wet Seal & PacSun. My younger also shops at Agro

Found another abercrombie seller from Hong Kong on Ebay. It's redbaja33 It looks like I'm walking away with a $298 Wilcox jacket for my son for $20 plus $29 shipping. I'm pleased.:D

You just got ripped off! All hong kong sellers are FAKES. sorry to tell you that but I know friends that have been ripped off by any seller form hong kong

You just got ripped off! All hong kong sellers are FAKES. sorry to tell you that but I know friends that have been ripped off by any seller form hong kong

that is exactly what I was going to say. There was a web site that showed where they got the items from, can't remember it.. but you can go on yourself & order dozens of the same item...cheap.. they make all "fake" name clothing.. Hollister, Abercrombie, Juciy Coutiour (can't spell it LOL)... fake handbags.. but sell as Dooney & Burke, Coach....be very careful on ebay!!!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to post an update. My DD age 11held out and waited. We went this weekend and she ended up getting a Hollister coat lined with fur for 34.90 and two really nice sweaters for 12.90 each. So her grand total was 65.26, which would have been the same for one hoodie. I was really impressed with her. They had a huge stack of sweatshirts marked down to $19.90. I just knew that she would ask for one, but she wanted to wait until they marked them down more. She never expected to be able to buy a Hollister coat, so she was beaming going out the door to school this morning.