Official Restaurant.com Coupon/Discount Thread

Brad

Do you have to use the entire certificate in one outing? Or does it work like a giftcard where you use what you need? I'm so skeptical!! I know:)) I'm ready to order, but I just feel like there is a catch!! I mean $100 certificate for $8?? That's like the restaurant just handing you $92 cash to eat at their place?

Has anyone ordered these before? I would just love a little more info on how they work if someone could be so kind :))

Do you have to use the entire certificate in one outing? Or does it work like a giftcard where you use what you need? I'm so skeptical!! I know:)) I'm ready to order, but I just feel like there is a catch!! I mean $100 certificate for $8?? That's like the restaurant just handing you $92 cash to eat at their place?

Has anyone ordered these before? I would just love a little more info on how they work if someone could be so kind :))

In the past (last year) when I ordered, you had to use the whole certificate in one visit. A lot of times is was not good for specials. Also check the actual offer, most I purchase I had to spend $35 dollars to use the $25 dollar certificate.

I think you use these to order the certificates for the actual restaurant. I think?! :) I have not done this before but it was my understanding you buy this one and then use this to buy the certificate to the restaurant you choose. So, am I right that if you buy $100 for $8, then if I use that $100 gift card and buy a $25.00 gift certificate to my local restaurant for $10, I would still have $90 left on my gift card? did that make sense?! lol :)

Thank you so much. I think I'll pass. My husband practically crawls under the table if I bring out a coupon at a restaurant. I thought maybe they worked like gift cards, but if there are a lot of restrictions on what you can eat or how you can use it... not worth the husbandly hassle for me. LOL :)

Thanks law and inluvstill for your answers to my questions though!

I think you use these to order the certificates for the actual restaurant. I think?! :) I have not done this before but it was my understanding you buy this one and then use this to buy the certificate to the restaurant you choose. So, am I right that if you buy $100 for $8, then if I use that $100 gift card and buy a $25.00 gift certificate to my local restaurant for $10, I would still have $90 left on my gift card? did that make sense?! lol :)

Yes these are for the site not the restaurants. So you can later use the 80% off codes as well to buy the final certificate ($2 for $25 is my fav!!!!). No expiration date on these gift cards but when you redeem for individual restaurants those will have a date.

Yes these are for the site not the restaurants. So you can later use the 80% off codes as well to buy the final certificate ($2 for $25 is my fav!!!!). No expiration date on these gift cards but when you redeem for individual restaurants those will have a date.

Thank you!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This was on the Today Show as part of Jill's Steals and Deals!

$500 Electronic Gift Card from www.Restaurant.com

Retail value: $500

Discount price: $30

Percent discount: 94% off!

Discount code: TodayRestaurant

Restaurant.com is offering a gift card that can be used on the site towards deals at over 18,000 participating restaurants nationwide. Ten percent of all proceeds will go to the American Lung Association.

Restaurant.com says the gift card has no expiration and customers will receive it in an email within 48 hours. For more information and to buy the $500 gift card for $30

I just now saw where more restaurants in my area are now participating and I want to order some of these. I have a few questions because I have never used their site before:

1) If I use promo code JOY to buy a restaurant.com $25 certificate for $1.50 - can I then redeem it onto my account and use promo code JOY again for a second order to actually order the restaurant certificates for $1? Can their promo codes be used on an account more than once and like this?

2) How long do you have to use the certificate you print out? I want to get multiples to a favorite restaurant but not if I have to eat there 5 times in the next 30 days.

Thank you so much!

I just now saw where more restaurants in my area are now participating and I want to order some of these. I have a few questions because I have never used their site before:

1) If I use promo code JOY to buy a restaurant.com $25 certificate for $1.50 - can I then redeem it onto my account and use promo code JOY again for a second order to actually order the restaurant certificates for $1? Can their promo codes be used on an account more than once and like this?

2) How long do you have to use the certificate you print out? I want to get multiples to a favorite restaurant but not if I have to eat there 5 times in the next 30 days.

Thank you so much!

1)You can use the code as many times as you like until the end of the promotion.

2) I believe they never expire. They used to expire after 1 year, but I think this changed. (I could be wrong on this though.)

A few other important things to keep in mind:

Only one (1) Restaurant-Specific Gift Certificate may be redeemed per party, per month, per restaurant, even if the party is seated at separate tables and/or receives more than one check.

Not valid for taxes, tips, merchandise or prior balances.

Cannot be combined with any other restaurant certificates, third party certificates, Restaurant.com eGift Cards, Gift Cards or other coupons.

Valid for dine-in only unless otherwise stated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...