Fed Ex : update all's well that ends well!

ms_mckenna

Ok I see that everyone else is having one of those days but I have to blow off some steam too. DH is out of town in Fairfield DS and I would have gone with him but I had to stay here and wait for a package from fed ex. The package is well over half of DS's Christmas that was sent from WWEshop.com. Well I get online today and it has been delivered at 8 AM this morning to TENN! I live in TEXAS! Not only has it been delivered it was signed for! So somebody had to look at the name and address and say oh this isn't me but I might like it and sign for it anyway! :rant: I of course by now am tearing up :cry2:

So I called WWE and spoke to one woman that was like uhhh yes hun it is in Tenn and has been delivered ... I have no clue why but Customer service can help you here is there number. So I called one and really was expecting nothing but being able to yell at someone. :argue_cur The lady was super sweet and I explained to her that was a huge chunk of DS's Christmas. She was like omg omg omg ok let me see if I can fix this. She is steadily saying I don't know what they were thinking nothing says Tenn. on this package! Anyway she said we will get another package with the same contents in the mail today to you and overnight it. You should get it tomorrow if not you will get it Tuesday. Which she was constantly saying I really hope it gets there tomorrow. She pushed the order thru and even changed the size on one of the shirts because I had ordered him the new game package. Told me that I could return the shirt on thier dime after Christmas but that way he would get his game, and not have to wait for them to figure it out! I was very thankful they were so helpful I have never seen companies just send another package to make sure it was there in time. :eyepoppin She kept telling me just take deep breaths we are getting it worked out.

I hung up with her and found a number for Fedex and called them. Rita the lady from WWE called me while I was on hold with them. She said they talked to Fedex and they are promising to get the package from Tenn to Texas my house by tomorrow. She said she was not stopping the other package though because she wants to make sure he gets one of them. Figured he had better chances with two packages coming. Anyway I got her supervisors email and I am going to send a thank you/praise letter to her. I have never had someone handle it so well. Just hoping it gets here in time. DS already knows though he heard mom cussing lol. And was like uhh mom? :eyepoppin He said if the fedex guy does not get here till Monday we should make him dress up like Santa and come down the chimney. :sidesplit

I had that happen with a company only the package was lost. I kept calling to see where it was and they could not find it. They felt so bad they sent me a new one, over night and told me that if I get the original to just let them know.

You have to love companies that put the customer first.

That is wonderful! I buy a lot from The North Face because I know that they handle their customer service in a very similar manner. To me, it's worth paying a few more dollars up front to feel secure in the fact that they will do everything within their power to make you happy.

I sure hope one of those packages gets there tomorrow. If it's FedEx's screwup and they know it, I think they would still even bring it on Saturday or Sunday if it didn't get there tomorrow for some reason. Just be sure to stay on top of them!

I would hope they do get it here before Monday I heard they were not working on Saturday? I already feel bad for the delivery driver that does come to my house I am not really happy with them at the moment. I still don't get why in the heck they delivered to Tenn. Seems like someone would have caught the mistake. :( I was looking on the shipping it was in Shreveport this morning and they had to take it all the way back to Tenn. :no:

I am so thrilled that WWEshop stepped up and is trying to fix it. So many other companies would have said oh it is a shipping error sorry we can't help you. :( I definately will be ordering all his WWE stuff thru them instead of buying from other distributors now. I figured out as long as I can get a promo it is worth it because they do not charge tax to my state. So it all evens out.

I would hope they do get it here before Monday I heard they were not working on Saturday? I already feel bad for the delivery driver that does come to my house I am not really happy with them at the moment. .

Don't know if it different in different areas, but my ex has a Fed-Ex route and he is definately working Saturday.

And just remember, the guy that does deliver your package is not responsible for the screw-up, :) , so try not to give it to him too bad. :)

FedEx Express is working Saturday

http://www.fedex.com/us/holiday/shipping/holidayschedule.html?link=4

Holiday Shipping 2006

2006 Holiday Service Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FedEx Express and FedEx Home Delivery® will be operating on Dec. 23 for delivery of your last-minute holiday packages. FedEx Ground will deliver through Dec. 22. See the last days to ship for delivery by Dec. 25.

FedEx Express pickup and delivery will operate as follows on Saturday, Dec. 23, 2006:

Saturday delivery is available as usual.

Pickup at customer locations will not be available.

Drop-offs at FedEx locations will be accepted but not processed until Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2006.

FedEx Express Saturday delivery is available as usual on Saturday, Dec. 30, 2006.

FedEx Kinko's holiday schedule varies by store location.

I called Fedex last night. Well their customer service bites to say the least. She never really even said she was sorry about what happened... also acted like it was no biggie that it ended up a few STATES over. :( She also tried to tell me no it was not delivered it was sent to thier office. I asked her why then does it say under the tracking that it has been delivered and has a signature confirmation?? She didn't know about that. :no: Anyway she said she would turn it over to her research department so they may or may not call who knows. She also said no they are working on Saturday. I sware I read somewhere that they were not. She claimed the lost package was supposed to be here today. And the package WWEshop overnighted is scheduled to be here at 3 today :g_dance: It's last place to be was in Longview which is a town over so I feel much better it is somewhere in the area. :D

Well it gets better! The one that was MIA is still on a truck "to be delivered". :gdparanoid: The other one this afternoon was running an hour and a half late because of the driver being late this morning ... but I was assured it would be here. Well just got off the phone with them and it went back to the warehouse because the driver ran out of hours. :rant:

I wanted to talk to someone in our office and they would not let me but the lady from fed ex 800 number talked to them. She told me that they cannot gaurantee it will be here tomorrow. That in the morning the managers will come in and decide "who gets thier packages and who does not"!:splat: I was like WTH?? That is a wonderful way to keep customers. :gdcensored: So I asked if I could pick it up myself and she said yes.

Sad thing is I am worried I am going to get over there and something else is going to happen with them and it will be lost again.

So say a little prayer that I can get it in the morning. Hoping I can remain calm when talking to the people. :chairshot I have never had so many problems with a package :(. Will definately break me from using online shopping late in the season!

I had that happen with a company only the package was lost. I kept calling to see where it was and they could not find it. They felt so bad they sent me a new one, over night and told me that if I get the original to just let them know.

You have to love companies that put the customer first.

Amazon did this to me... 2 weeks after a package had been shipped it hadn't shown up. I called they overnighted one to me. A couple days later the original showed up. I called and they said to keep it too. It was a computer game so I gave it to the nephews.

No Paula I did not get either of the packages. Fed Ex has definately made it to the bottom of the shipping food chain with me this week. DH and DS are going with me ... DH's idea. Think he is afraid of what I am going to do if I get over there and something is wrong. :sidesplit I will let you guys know in a few hours if we got it. Takes 30 minutes to get to the warehouse. :sigh:

I took lots of deep breaths :D I went to pick up both packages but only got one. And she could not find it at first. You can imagine how I was :eyepoppin . Be proud of me I never cussed and honestly was not hostile at all I was very civil. I was not nice but I was civil. I am still in shock I did not go postal on them. The other package was out on delivery ... so we shall see if the 3rd times the charm. ;) She looked very scared to tell me that information.

I got the second package WWE sent which does not have a few of the items I ordered in it just because they were on back order and she wanted to make sure he got something. She also sent him some extras :) It is fine because the stuff on backorder actually is stuff that I want for when he goes to meet John Cena January 7th so we have two weeks to fix it. If the other box doesn't make it here. Plus DH & DD went bought him a stereo today so he would have something else under the tree lol.

He sat in the backseat hugging the box the whole way home and shaking it occasionally lol. He was as relieved as I was to see that box I think.

I am just so much happier now :D to say the very least!!!!

Ya so am I !!!! :D Actually just got off the phone with the manager and the second package was not on the truck this morning, it was in the office. Am laughing now because if not I would be crying. I knew in my heart it was there this morning but I could not get the lady to see that. He goes well I don't have any couriers but he is bringing it to me himself! Should be here in 45 minutes! They are trying to redeem themselves that is a great thing. :)

update: They just delivered. The courier did not look happy but the manager that was with her was very nice. So all his presents are safely tucked under the tree :D

I definately think it says a lot for WWE as a company that they would send a second package! Please guys that have kids that are fond of WWE stuff remember that. Because they really stand behind thier products, and believe in customer service.

I also was very proud of this manager at Fedex. Most would of just said so sad to bad, as most of them have done this week. When I pointed out to him that I thought they were customer oriented based, he agreed and decided to drive it out to me. Which he could have just as easily said poo on you. He told me that I was the nicest "pi$$ed off" customer he had talked to all week. :sidesplit I guess the you get more flies with honey thing that dh is always telling me is true.