What kind of cookies or candies do you make?

momof5plus1hubby

This is one of our Family & friends Favs

Spiced Shortbread

1 1/4 cups flour

3 tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4teaspoon ginger

1/8teaspoon cloves

1/2 cup butter(softened)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a mixing bowl combine flour,sugar and spices.

Cut in butter till mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Form the mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.

On an ungreased cookie sheet pat o roll the dough into an 8 inch circle.With a knife or pizza cutter , cut circle into 16 pie-shaped wedges.

Bake for 25 to 30 mintuesCut circle into wedges again while warm.

Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 mintues.

Melt choclate(almond bark works best) and drizzle on top of the cookies. I use dark chocolate and white chocolate. Yummy!!!!

Happy baking and eating!!!

I made double batches of dough last night for chocolate chip and chocolate chip with walnuts. In a few minutes I'm going to make some peanut butter dough (for the kisses cookies) and probably some oatmeal. After that, I may just make some 7 Layer Bars and call it quits. It's getting a little last minute here! I normally bake as I go along, but since I'm so late and I have to have bags tomorrow morning for the bus drivers, teachers, and hubby's boss, I figured I'd just make the dough and cook a tray or two of each to get those gift cookies out and worry about the rest tomorrow sometime. Normally my cookies are done and in the freezer waiting by now. I'm really behind this year!

Here's the recipe for the Chocolate Mint Softies

1 package (18.25 oz) Devil's food cake mix

1/3 cup water

1/4 cup butter, softened

1 egg

1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch

1/2 cup coarsly chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets. Combine cake mix, water, butter and egg in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat 1 minute. (Dough will be thick.) Stir in chips and nuts; mix until well blended. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies

I made these and they were a big hit! Thanks!

I know it is after Christmas, but maybe someone needs a good dessert for New Years. I had the most wonderful cookie/treat this weekend! It is very simple too. You take one pack of oreos and crush them until they are super fine. Mix the cookies crumbs with one block of cream cheese. Roll the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to harden/set. Finally, dip the balls into melted WHITE almond bark. You can leave them like this or for more decoration take another color and swirl across the top. OH MY...these things are the best! I heard them called several things, but when I made them I referred to them as White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake Balls. They are devine.

Amie