BB Horror Story

samcasey

In a way I'm glad to hear that. Only because I felt bad for not getting there to get it for my son who is going to College next year. I'll just keep my eyes and ears open for a good deal on a GOOD laptop!

Great idea, motoXmom. Just watch the site here and we should have several great laptop deals before the holidays.

I feel sorry for those people who missed out on the laptop at BB and ended up paying $600-700 on eBay for one, lol.

I will have to say that this was one of my better black fridays I think. Last year I went to BB at about 2:00 and was about number 8 in line. this year I went to BB at 1:30 and was about 25 in line. There were people who had been there since 10:00 the night before. I was kind of bummed about that. I wanted the emachine and I had a friend with me who wanted the emachine also and since they only had 'minimum 20 per store' we were worried that we may be out of luck. Luckily a man who got there after us walked through the line to do a survey on what everyone was buying and we found out we were number 9 and 10 on the emachine list. So even though this is Arizona we sat in our lawn chairs and shivered for 4 1/2 hours, taking turns and driving to a bathroom..lol. When the door opened at 6:00 there was no shoving, everyone walked in orderly. My friend and I whipped over to the computer line quickly and ended up about number 4 in line. We got out of the store at 6:25. I then took my friend home and grabbed my family and we went to Fry's Electronics, may I say wow. We found some of what we wanted at fry's but that check out lane was the longest I have ever seen, there was at least 300 inline to check out, only about an hour in line though because they work very fast.

I will have to say I was very happy that there were no bitter people or shovers this year.

On the emachine issue I am very pleased with my purchase again this year, this is my fourth emachine. I was surprised to see that the floppy drive was changed to a card reader. I am also surprised that they do not have an agp slot.

On the thought of all the crazy people getting there the night before, I think I might be tempted depending on my purchase. I figure I am saving about 400.00 on my new computer. If I get in line at 10:00 the night before that is about 6 hours in line, roughly 65.00 an hour, I think that is worth it. Now if I was just standing in line for a dvd or something, forget it...lol.

Cactusmom, not to rain on your parade, but do you really believe you saved $400 on that eMachine? According to eMachine's own site, a better equiped T2894 only sells for $500 AR, and that's pretty much the regular price. And if you factor in the loss of sleep (those are not your regular working hours, are they?), the time spent driving to and from the store and waiting in line, and the cold and discomfort standing outdoor, and the extra hours the unlucky ones who can't rush out of BB in 15 minutes (some guys stayed till almost noon) had to suffer in the checkout line, the hourly rate would be a lot lower. And I'm sure you don't need anyone to remind you those are not easy money to make/save. I'd think twice before I venture out next year.

If you're interested, here's a link to eMachines' T2894 page:

http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_T2984

Thankfully i didnt go to BB, there is no way i would have lasted in lines like those. But a friend of mine was going to get one of the computers, so i ask her to pick me up some PS2 controllers they had and the portable dvd, she got everything we were wanting from there but she was there from 5am til almost noon before she got out of there.

Also i said i would never be at walmart again on BF because of a few violent episodes that i seen about 3 years ago, so i was worried when my dad said he was going to get the tv and dvd combo they had. I called to check on him at 6:05am and he was already headed to his vehicle, tv in tow. How lucky was that?

I done good on the things that i went after for myself and my friend, seeing that she spent all of her time at BB, i picked up the things she needed from elsewhere, I shopped Toys R Us, Kmart, Circuit City, and Books a Million and all went well for me.

Great idea, motoXmom. Just watch the site here and we should have several great laptop deals before the holidays.

I feel sorry for those people who missed out on the laptop at BB and ended up paying $600-700 on eBay for one, lol.

Brad is absolutely correct. Just because it's Black Friday doesn't mean it's the best laptop deal of the year, totally false.

The Amazing Dell Deal was 10x hotter on a 10x better laptop WITHOUT waiting in line for 4 hours.

Brad is absolutely correct. Just because it's Black Friday doesn't mean it's the best laptop deal of the year, totally false.

The Amazing Dell Deal was 10x hotter on a 10x better laptop WITHOUT waiting in line for 4 hours.

Yep like I said before I'm hooked on this site and now with the coupon board well I'll just plant my butt here and have my coffee brought to me! LOL

I was getting mixed reviews about that laptop so I passed on it. There will be others and I have more time to save up for one. :)

I actually got a really cool dell yesterday--It's everything anyone (other than my son and husband--ungrateful little snots LOL) could want--it's the Inspiron 8600 with a 512 mb ram, 80 GB hd, a Pentium M (1.4 I think) DVD Burner and a 128 MB Graphics card for $1298 +tax--unfortunately I live in TN so I have to pay sales tax :-( but that's ok too. They also threw in the free printer (I really don't need another printer--we have 4 or 5 now) and the free wireless card. It's actually $612 off the regular price, but only a few things are customizable. plus it had free shipping :-)

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_notebook5?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Some people I see have gone totally wacko over some of these deals this year. Lining up at 7 PM? Sheesh! I have a hard enough time coping with standing in the store working for 8 hours, I can't imagine waiting 10 hours just to get in.

The laptop deals weren't even that great. Yeah, its a laptop and yeah its $500, but its not like its even a good laptop. Sure it does fine for basic tasks as any computer, but with sub-standard specs its really not so great.

I went to BB at 1:30pm and picked up two $499 laptops and they had more available !!!!! wow . well I have one available in ebay if anyone is interested in it. The processor is the new celeron M which has the larger cache and is comparable to a P4 2.2- 2.4 . I have not opened the other one yet I dont know if I should sell that one too. Maybe sell my old one a15-s1292 celeron 2.4ghz or open up the new one. Its so exciting to open and activate a new laptop so I dunno yet. The $499 laptops are currently selling on ebay for $680-$850

I am sorry that you folks got the laptop shaft , I do have black friday powers though :splat: