Doorbusters NOT AVAILABLE at Central Ohio Best Buy??

MarkRaby

I just went to bestbuy.com and they have their "weekly ad" link updated. An interesting thing I found is that they're offering a $15 gift card instantly for every $100 you spend (central Ohio locations only). However, that takes up the space for the doorbuster deals. And no where in the ad does it mention the 6-hour specials. I've entered so many random zip codes to compare and it seems I'm in the 30-mile radius of the entire country who doesn't have the doorbusters listed. This is terrible. I was planning on spending hundreds of dollars on the doorbuster specials :curse: . Now I don't know if I'll even go to Best Buy...

Here's a look at the front page of my Best Buy ad: http://bestbuy.dailyshopper.com/lib/bestbuy//245208_b.JPG

--Mark--

I saw the same thing. Looks like BB is screwing Columbus this time around!

It wasn't in my plans, but I was going to find a friend to get me that 24 Season One box set, I hoped. Now???

This really throws a monkey wrench into things. I guess I can hope that there are still tons of people lined up at Best Buy for the $500 laptop lottery and whatnot...just so they're out of my way :)

Isn't BB getting sued by Ohio?

Yes...but it's just the central Ohio area that this affects (not the rest of the state), and if this was somehow an act of revenge to Ohio, I wouldn't think they'd offer $15 gift cards for every $100 you spend.

I think it's just a very bizarre local promotion idea.

--Mark--

Type in 45252 (for Cincinnati). We don't have a Best Buy ad yet, but I'm glad to read this because we were thinking about checking them out. Maybe we'll be at Circuit City. Actually, they are right next to each other where I live, but I don't want to waste my time if there are no specials.

Guest Luckycharm

Yep, check out the story. LOL, BB isn't happy about the Attorney General so the make their customers pay?

BB sued

Sorry, can't resist.............Who is the Devil in THIS scenario??? :tongue1:

Is the same thing that your seeing on the web the same as the actual ad that came in your newspaper?

I wonder if you could pick up an ad in a neighboring community and take it in to BB along with the gift card ad and have them price match there own store. :juggle:

I think this will be the "Jim Petro" sale in honor of the Ohio AG who dutifully sued BB :thumbsup::yelclap: over their (allegedly) illegal business practices. I doubt this is payback as much as this is part of a settlement or part of BB trying not to get in more trouble.

There is also a slight possibility that this is part of "The new BB" as central OH is frequently a test market for darned near everything. That's the only reason I can think of as to why only CENTRAL Ohio involved, if that's true.

We'll have to start investigating this so folks don't freeze for nuthin' :bigcry:

Blue Shirts?? Any imput???