Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Black Friday Gaming Desktop Discussion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nate Dogg  OFFLINE  

Nate Dogg

First in line!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 15, 2019 - 11:20 am

Did not see this thread yet so *POOF*

I am looking for a fairly decent set up for my child. I was able to find i7-9700 with an RTX 2060 (or AMD equivalents) for around $1,000 all day long until recently. Anyone seen anything like that in any of the ads yet?

#2 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 15, 2019 - 12:44 pm

The Desktop Computer category is here...

https://blackfriday....sktop-computers

Do a Ctrl-F in your browser and type 'gam' (without the quotes) to identify deals on gaming PCs.

#3 Nate Dogg  OFFLINE  

Nate Dogg

First in line!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 15, 2019 - 1:37 pm

Thanks! Unfortunately only one of them lists the graphics card, and that is a pretty important part for gamers.

#4 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,601 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 15, 2019 - 1:57 pm

Thanks! Unfortunately only one of them lists the graphics card, and that is a pretty important part for gamers.

we dont put the graphics card info in the titles, if you want that info you can click the links and get the info

#5 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,088 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 15, 2019 - 1:59 pm

Newegg has a couple.

Not knock your socks off deals though.

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#6 Nate Dogg  OFFLINE  

Nate Dogg

First in line!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 10:37 am

we dont put the graphics card info in the titles, if you want that info you can click the links and get the info

That was why I was asking... have not seen anything but thought I may have missed something. A shame you don't, though, since the graphics card is more expensive than the processor in most gaming computers. I think my graphics card was 3 to 4 times more than my processor when I built my system.

#7 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,601 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 10:45 am

ya its because not all the systems have that info in the title and its not something we are going to go look for, but you could always check out

http://www.blackfridaycharts.com

and see if it has what your looking for

#8 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,088 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 12:53 pm

Hey Nate, are you volunteering?  :)

I tried a few years ago to help but its a lot of volunteer work.

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#9 tgfathergoose  OFFLINE  

tgfathergoose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 24, 2019 - 1:42 pm

I'm not looking for a gaming desktop. I need a desktop to replace my ancient 2005 (upgraded as much as I can). I don't game, but I do a lot of surfing, with lots of open browser tabs. I also listen to music, and watch some videos on the system. The 4 GB in my old one just can't handle WIN 10 and new programs. I don't need anything super fantabulous, just something that I will be assured will still be viable in 10 years. Maybe by then I'll be ready to give up a desktop and use just a laptop. But right now, a laptop won't fit on my desk, and I don't have room to have it on the side and connect to my 27" monitor. I was looking at Best Buy at the HP they had, but my brother wondered about the 256GB SSD being large enough, and only 8GB of RAM. Granted, I can expand the RAM, which I would probably do, because I can see in the foreseeable future that even 8 GB won't be enough. I don't want to spend a fortune, and most of what I've seen are gaming systems. I don't do that anymore. So, who's got the best desktop for a fuddy duddy like me?

#10 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,706 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 24, 2019 - 2:21 pm

The Staples front page Black Friday deal is the 590-p0066 for $349.99...

• 2.8GHz Intel i5-8400 6-core processor with up to 4GHz and 9MB cache memory
  • 12GB DDR4 SDRAM 
  • 1TB hard drive
  • No Optane

Adding a 16GB Optane module would cost $28.49 and a ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 OC 4GB GDDR5 128-Bit Gaming Graphics Card costs $149.99 (this IS the gaming desktop thread).

Should do the trick for the next decade without upgrades.

I'm not looking for a gaming desktop. I need a desktop to replace my ancient 2005 (upgraded as much as I can). I don't game, but I do a lot of surfing, with lots of open browser tabs. I also listen to music, and watch some videos on the system. The 4 GB in my old one just can't handle WIN 10 and new programs. I don't need anything super fantabulous, just something that I will be assured will still be viable in 10 years. Maybe by then I'll be ready to give up a desktop and use just a laptop. But right now, a laptop won't fit on my desk, and I don't have room to have it on the side and connect to my 27" monitor. I was looking at Best Buy at the HP they had, but my brother wondered about the 256GB SSD being large enough, and only 8GB of RAM. Granted, I can expand the RAM, which I would probably do, because I can see in the foreseeable future that even 8 GB won't be enough. I don't want to spend a fortune, and most of what I've seen are gaming systems. I don't do that anymore. So, who's got the best desktop for a fuddy duddy like me?

Edited by len_mullen, Nov 24, 2019 - 2:24 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users