Best deal on Android Tablet (not kindle)

nirvana4all

I need to get a tablet for my father in law, he does not need state of the art. 

Knowing him, he will want a few things only available on google play and not on amazon market, but there is no way I can leave his tablet unlocked or teach him how to do it from afar.

So, other techies with tablet experience, what is my best bet based on the ads out?

Thanks!

Im looking for a tablet as well. My needs are a little different than your fathers but I have been eyeing the Samsung Tab A 10.1. Not to happy with the ram or price - cheapest I have seen is $150.

I just got the Samsung Tab A and love it. I had an IPad 2nd gen that I hardly used because I hated it. Yes, I paid 149 for the Samsung on sale in Bestbuy
  • Like 1

I just got the Samsung Tab A and love it. I had an IPad 2nd gen that I hardly used because I hated it. Yes, I paid 149 for the Samsung on sale in Bestbuy

Omg I have had my Tab A for two years now and I looooove mine as well. I am now getting memory full error (it is a 16gb and I have a ton of apps on it) so Im in the market for a new one. I was looking at the one that will be at Target for $159. Its a Samsung Tab A 32gb. But then the Walmart ad came out and they will have it for $149 with 2 free VUDU movies. So I think thats the one Im going for.

Edited by deelite
  • Like 1

Not a true BF deal but it is on sale right now for...

$88, originally $180 for the 11.5" https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Galileo-Pro-11-5-32GB-2-in-1-Tablet-with-Keyboard-Case-Android-OS-Blue-RCT6513W87DK/53990884

Or $80, originally $130 for the 10.1" https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Viking-Pro-10-1-Android-2-in-1-Tablet-32GB-Quad-Core/45804391?athcpid=45804391&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS004&athguid=09c0205a-8ff-16e8d24cabcd18&athancid=null&athena=true

You mentioned that you would need to teach your father in law how to use the tablet.

My dad had the 10.1" model and loved it. (It met a sad end a couple months ago from being knocked off the table & into the metal table legs.) He found it very easy to use, and I didn't have to show him how to use it 5 million times.

In comparison he's had Android phones for 7 years, the current one for just over 2 years, & I still sometimes have to show him how to un-mute his phone.

He's getting the 11.5" for Christmas this year, & I ordered one for myself too. (This time it won't be able to be knocked it into the metal table legs since now the frame has padded covers over the metal legs.)

Compared to the Samsung Tab A in the sales, it is a slower tablet, has lower quality cameras, and can not hold as much expanded memory (micro SD card).

The 11.5" can take a 128gb micro SD

The 10.1" can take a 32gb micro SD

Whereas the current model Tab A can take a 512gb micro SD.

But for a simple Android they perform well, are a good price, and are easy to use.

The Samsung 32gb Tab A is $159.99 at Amazon today and if you sign up and are approved for the Amazon Visa, you get $60 off instantly. Makes it $99....sadly I already have the card...lol.

BestBuy also has Samsung - Galaxy Tab E - 9.6" - 16GB - Black on sale for $99.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-e-9-6-16gb-black/4515201.p?skuId=4515201

Edited by deelite