Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Smartphone activation?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 djoy96  OFFLINE  

djoy96

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 12:30 pm

Hi There,

I am looking to upgrade 2 smartphones and am confused by the terminology of "Activation required". Does anyone know what that means? Could I upgrade an existing line/phone, or do I have to activate a completely NEW line?

Thanks!

#2 Monstermile  OFFLINE  

Monstermile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 2:58 pm

Hi There,

I am looking to upgrade 2 smartphones and am confused by the terminology of "Activation required". Does anyone know what that means? Could I upgrade an existing line/phone, or do I have to activate a completely NEW line?

Thanks!

It just means to be eligible for any deals and discounts you must activate the phone at the time of purchase. You can't walk out with the phone and activate it later.

Some deals like bogo or free top tier phones may require adding a new line. But those types of deals specifically state new line required.

Edited by Monstermile, Nov 21, 2018 - 2:59 pm.

#3 TazErase  OFFLINE  

TazErase

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 3:36 pm

That means as long as you are eligible for an upgrade you must activate the phone in a service plan.

#4 tjhollis  OFFLINE  

tjhollis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 3:45 pm

Yes you must activate at time of purchase. You don't have to add a new line. The only bad thing about this deal if you're trying to give it as a gift on Christmas you really cant or the person receiving will know. 

#5 sleepinthebus  OFFLINE  

sleepinthebus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 4:36 pm

Yes you must activate at time of purchase. You don't have to add a new line. The only bad thing about this deal if you're trying to give it as a gift on Christmas you really cant or the person receiving will know. 

Not to mention the ungodly long time you'll likely be waiting, on BF, to activate said phones.

#6 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2018 - 5:20 pm

Must activate at time of purchase to qualify for what ever the special is at that time 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users