Cricut vs Silhouette

howpomp

Happy Holidays - wondering if there are any opinions between these two craft cutters and if so which model? Appears that Cricut has a larger following but I am having a challenge trying to get a solid consensus between the two. Espeacilly when comparing the Cameo and Explore Air 2.

Any personal opinions appreciated.

Thank you.

I have the Cricut Air and I really like it. I can't give any opinion of the Silhouette since I don't have that one - but I can say that I like the Cricut a lot. There are lots of Facebook groups for Cricut as well with lots of video tutorials,etc which I think makes learning the system easier in my opinion.

• Like 1

I use a Silhouette Cameo, and I'm a tech dummy.  I find it really easy to use, and cuts so precisely!  The one thing I notice at crops is that the Cameo is much noisier than the Cricut.  Not sure if that matters to you.  Honestly, I think you can't go wrong with either!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Holidays - wondering if there are any opinions between these two craft cutters and if so which model? Appears that Cricut has a larger following but I am having a challenge trying to get a solid consensus between the two. Espeacilly when comparing the Cameo and Explore Air 2.

Any personal opinions appreciated.

Thank you.

I have had a silhouette for going on 2 years. I’m not that much of a creative person. Show me something and I can recreate it. But, to come up with ideas on my own, not so much. My sister on the other hand is all things artsy and craftsy. Creates masterpieces out of nothing. We both love our silhouettes. Possibilities are endless. Can buy patterns if you want or make your own. Lots of YouTube videos, Facebook groups for ideas and help. I didn’t have any trouble getting started and I’m absolutely loving mine!

• 11 months later...
I do not own a Silhouette but I do own a Cricut Maker. Cricut has a large library of svgs or pictures for you to cut out. They have also just came out with the option to use the Cricut as a downloaded version making it easier at crops. Some crops the WiFi was very weak and made it difficult for us to cut out what we needed. Cricut has listened to all of our suggestions or requests and they try their best to eventually accommodate what their users needs are. I hope this helps

• 11 months later...