Secret Santa 2016 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

:holiday15 Hello All!  Chief Elf and the accounting firm of ShiShi, ShiShi and ShiShi are very busy this year, so I’m stepping in to help them out with the exchanges.  We’re a little behind, but it's time for the holiday festivities to begin!  If you want to join in on the fun, sign ups will be accepted via PM only (to me, BoPeep) in order to keep everything more organized.  Use "Secret Santa 2016" in the subject line.

This is not an official GottaDeal.com event, so participate at your own risk.  GottaDeal can't be held responsible if you do not receive anything.  While I hope we won't be needing any please let me know if you are willing to be an elf in case someone does not receive their SS/OE package.  :holiday11

Please include in your PM:
1. Your forum username, your name and address

2. Your email address, in case I need to contact you and can’t reach you through PM
3. The exchanges you would like to take part in (Secret Santa, Ornament and/or Card)
4. The answers to the questions below if you are going to be in Secret Santa/Ornament exchange
Gift wrap preference (yes or no)

6. Anything else you'd like your Secret Santa to know about you

The Questions...

Are you male or female?
Are you married?
Do you have kids? If so, gender and age
Do you have pets?
Are you allergic to anything?
Would you accept homemade food (such as cookies)?
Any absolute dislikes?
Do you have any hobbies?
Do you collect anything?
Favorite Fast Food Establishment?
Do you have a favorite candy?
What is your favorite drink?
What is your favorite color?
Do you like lotions? If so what kinds?
Do you like scented candles? What scent?
Any favorite sports teams or Nascar drivers?
What’s your favorite flower?
What's your favorite music/artist?
What's your favorite movie?
What's your favorite holiday movie?
What's your favorite author?
What's your favorite thing to do during your ‘me time’?
What is your favorite winter activity?
Something that you wouldn’t buy yourself but have always wanted?
Anything else?

The Rules (please read before signing up):
1. Secret Santa is just like it sounds - a secret exchange of gifts! There's a MINIMUM of $10 before shipping. If you choose to spend more, please don't be disappointed if your partner doesn't.

2. Ornament Exchange is also just like it sounds - an exchange of ornaments! There's a MINIMUM of $5 before shipping. If you choose to spend more, please don't be disappointed if your partner doesn't.

3. Card Exchange is also as it sounds - an exchange of holiday greeting cards. Unlike the other two, however, you send (a card) to everyone who signs up and you get (a card) from everyone who signs up! If you have a favorite holiday recipe feel free to include it with the cards you send out. There is no minimum or delivery confirmation but please understand that you send a card to everyone on the list so if 50 people join the exchange you will be spending $23.50 for postage. (The current cost for a first class stamp as of the time of this posting is 47 cents).

4. Tracking (aka delivery confirmation) is a MUST. Please PM me the tracking number and how it is being shipped (USPS or UPS) so I can keep track of everything. If you send via USPS Priority it should be included at no charge, but it is always best to check for yourself.

5. Insurance from the USPS is also a MUST. Check with the post office nearest you for the cost.

6. Make sure your item(s) is/are properly packed and with plenty of padding.

7. No junk. Everything must be new/unused within reason. Used books, CDs, and DVDs are okay as long as they are in a like new condition that you would be okay with receiving.

8. The last day to sign up is Saturday, October 29th (you have until midnight CT).  I should have names out by Friday, November 4th (It will probably be earlier in the week, but I’m making sure I have time built in since this is my first year).  

9. The last day to ship is Saturday, December 10th. If for some reason you cannot ship by this date you must let me know ASAP and then ship priority.

10. If you are participating in the Card Exchange please feel free to mail them any time but make sure to keep holiday mail delivery times in mind.

11. You must have been a member since May 1, with some posting activity, in order to participate. This helps to make sure that only dedicated GottaDealers are participating and we have less of a chance of people flaking out.

12. Any decisions made by the exchange host are final. Each case or question will be given fair treatment and consideration; if you plead a case or ask a question and don't get a reply you like please don't complain.

One last note:  Please be patient if I can't get things done right away, but be assured I'm keeping track of everything.  If you have any questions at all please ask me.

Remember, this is all about having fun. Now ready, set.... GO! 
:holiday08

SIGNED UP:

Secret Santa (30)  :holiday05

Bopeep

Vern28

QueenKishaa

HillyBillysWife

HanShotFirst

Willandmel

msyves

gatorburg

bethed

JesusLuvU

cjdav

Tara3117

ILikeFree

Ytmomof4

Spice9195

Onemill

Princez916

Reinholt1

Reinholt1sMom

Lainieb

nafcmf

wittenlover

Megara211

IllinoisMom

mcape14444

Katyloveshockey

Racerfan

Jendeere

Tracy0504

BudgetsRSexy

Ornament Exchange (15) :holiday07

Bopeep

Vern28

HillyBillysWife

Willandmel

bethed

Mandy4Matt

JesusLuvU

Spice9195

Onemill

nafcmf

Megara211

mcape14444

Racerfan

Jendeere

BFAddict716

Holiday Card Exchange (12) :mail:

QueenKishaa

MsYves

bethed

Spice9195

Princez916

Lainieb

mcape14444

Katyloveshockey

Tracy0504

HillyBillysWife

BFAddict716

JenDeere

Edited by Bopeep

There has always been a requirement for length of time on Gottadeal, and I definitely understand why, but if y'all are okay with it I would like to go ahead and open it up to anyone that wants to participate.  I do think you should have some posting activity, so we can see you are truly wanting to be part of this community.  I hope I don't regret this :).

• Like 2

We don't have very many participants so far this year.  Hopefully a lot of folk just wait a while, as there's still plenty of time.

Here's what the last few years looked like:

2015 - Secret Santa 33, Ornament Exchange 16, Cards 11

2014 - SS 34, OE 19, Cards 12

2013 - SS 33, OE 19, Cards 13

2012 - SS 46, OE 28, Cards 21

2011 - SS 44, OE 33, Cards 27

Sent you my information. I'm signed up for secret Santa and ornament Exchange again this year. I'd do the card exchange but I can never even get cards out to family and friends every year.

Thanks for doing this, this year bopeep!

Edited by Megara211
  • Like 1

Sent my info

Doing the Secret Santa and Ornament Exchange

Thank you for doing this

I haven't received your message yet.  I don't know if it takes a while to come through, or if you should send it again.

I have it now.

Edited by Bopeep