Kohl's Cash on Black Friday

naillady4jm

Yes. If you read further in that fine print (I think it's superscript 2) you'll see that they say you still earn KC & Yes2You rewards.

Edit: OK my quote to that post didn't link well from the app so removed the quote.

Edited by bribri25

I really don't have an accurate guess of when to be there. Kohl's recently (past few years) started selling video games so the draw to kohl's crowd has widened significantly. I doubt you'll need to be there before any time Thursday, and I would guess that it wouldn't be necessary any time before noon. Crowds will certainly build up a few hours before opening time and will be for a variety of items (from TVs & Xbox to comforter, pillows, & cookie sheets).

Anyone going to Kohl's for first time. Get in, get your items, get out. If you're there more than 10 minutes before beginning to check out, it'll easily be another 30 minutes to check out.

• Like 1

I did it last year when buying my Xbox One. Got $105 in Kohl's cash. Great deal. Basically ended up getting it for $224. Not many people knew about it; but they are advertising it in their ad this year. I bought mine @ 3 am on Friday morning after they had been open since 6 PM the night before.

I did it last year when buying my Xbox One. Got $105 in Kohl's cash. Great deal. Basically ended up getting it for $224. Not many people knew about it; but they are advertising it in their ad this year. I bought mine @ 3 am on Friday morning after they had been open since 6 PM the night before.

Are you saying that you were in line for nearly 7 hours or that you got there late and they still had the Xbox One deal?

Is it hard to use? It sounds like a gift card to me basically, is there any restrictions?

It essentially IS a gift card.  The nuances would include:

• The amount you receive is calculated BEFORE tax/shipping on your order
  • You MUST use what you redeem 11/30-12/6
  • It is applied BEFORE any additional coupons/codes (almost always there's at least a 15% off or $10 off $50 or minimum for free shipping) that you use on the subsequent order in which you're redeeming the KC (i.e. gift card) so that will get you less of a discount with your % off, or may put you below the threshold for an additional code.

None of these are major deal breakers, but things you'll often run into when dealing with KC.  Anyone else can chime in if I missed anything.

It essentially IS a gift card.  The nuances would include:

• The amount you receive is calculated BEFORE tax/shipping on your order
  • You MUST use what you redeem 11/30-12/6
  • It is applied BEFORE any additional coupons/codes (almost always there's at least a 15% off or $10 off $50 or minimum for free shipping) that you use on the subsequent order in which you're redeeming the KC (i.e. gift card) so that will get you less of a discount with your % off, or may put you below the threshold for an additional code.

None of these are major deal breakers, but things you'll often run into when dealing with KC.  Anyone else can chime in if I missed anything.

Thank you so much for responding, Im trying Kohls for the first time this year and I am super nervous I wont get what I need!

Thank you so much for responding, Im trying Kohls for the first time this year and I am super nervous I wont get what I need!

If you can possibly manage it, I would 100% recommend trying to get everything online Sunday night after midnight when their online sale starts. Shopping from your couch...

* the lines are shorter

* the weather is nicer

* the physical shopping cart is much smaller and easier to manage

* it's way easier to open up a new tab for new items than it is running across the store through a sea of 2000 of your closest friends

* About 80% of the time you'll get your items on or before Black Friday anyway.

Kohls is an absolute zoo here. 

Compounding matters is the fact that their checkouts are not just in one location which causes mazes of people throughout the whole store. 

You would have to give me mucho Kohls cash just to walk in there in the heat of BF, much less try to buy something and check out

Edited by sdn40

If you can possibly manage it, I would 100% recommend trying to get everything online Sunday night after midnight when their online sale starts. Shopping from your couch...

* the lines are shorter

* the weather is nicer

* the physical shopping cart is much smaller and easier to manage

* it's way easier to open up a new tab for new items than it is running across the store through a sea of 2000 of your closest friends

* About 80% of the time you'll get your items on or before Black Friday anyway.

Ill be buying as much as I can online and be ready in line on Thursday!

I have worked for Kohl's for 11 years. I know the lines are long, but they move pretty quickly. I think it looks more overwhelming than it really is because there is only one line and not multiple lines lined up at each register. That is our way of keeping it organized and prevents people from cutting in line. I don't know about other stores, but I think mine is fairly organized. I also like to stand in the front as we let people in to point people in the right direction of the items they are looking for.
  • Like 1

I have worked for Kohl's for 11 years. I know the lines are long, but they move pretty quickly. I think it looks more overwhelming than it really is because there is only one line and not multiple lines lined up at each register. That is our way of keeping it organized and prevents people from cutting in line. I don't know about other stores, but I think mine is fairly organized. I also like to stand in the front as we let people in to point people in the right direction of the items they are looking for.

Kohl's is definitely one of the more organized stores (IMO) than many others and the lime does move quickly and associates are helpful (thank you). However, with 10 checkout registers and each transaction averaging 2 minutes (that's probably generous - some people have cart loads), then getting in line 30 minutes after opening there are easily 200+ people in front of you to check out. It'll still take you 40 minutes to get to a register.

It's sheer volume, not disorganization and incompetence.

• Like 1

If you have a partner to shop with at Kohls it works well. We have one person in line and the rest of us (1 or 2) find the wanted items and bring them to the one in line. Everyone gets what they want  and we are usually at the front of the one by the time we are done shopping.