Holiday Menu

Kanyon71

We started talking about it last night. Thinking about smoking a couple of briskets and maybe a roast (might smoke that also - thats a lot of beef lol). Probably some loaded mashed potatoes and the stuff to go along with it. Probably a bunch of cookies, maybe my Kahlua Cheescake and whatever else comes to mind. Christmas Day we usually end up doing a brunch with Paula Deen's French Toast Casserole, Hashbrown Casserole, Bacon and Sausage. Christmas Day dinner not sure about that one yet. Couple years ago we did home made chinese, Amond Boneless Chicken, Egg Rolls, Pot Stickers.

• Like 1

Christmas is generally lasagna made on Christmas Eve. I do a big breakfast Christmas morning and do a lot of baking on Christmas Eve. DH has informed me that he would like a meal similar to Thanksgiving this year...only problem with that is I do all the cooking and baking alone...I guess we'll see what happens; it already seems like I will have a long Christmas Eve.
  • Like 1

Are there traditional items each night or just whatever is special to you and your family?

Only the latkes and sufignyot, although I believe some tie dairy meals to Hanukkah in a salute to Yahudit/Judith.  I was not raised with that minhag/tradition, but may attempt to incorporate a few dairy meals in to the eight nights.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Our Festive Meal was roasted standing rib roast with red wine au jus and horsey sauce, carrot souffle, and yorkshire pudding. Simple and basic, but ooo la la! Yummmmy!
(No photos of the carrot souffle)

Brenda made pumpkin pie and snickerdoodle cookies, but by the time I retired for the night, none of us have had any pie yet. More for the rest of the weekend!

10891_10153368846521365_2138292656643668

Yorkshire Pudding in skillet
Look at that puff!

246699_10153368846571365_233478864994835

Plated Yorkie

George did a marvelous job.

10397826_10153368846556365_1159758538667

Roast Beast
Dry aged in home fridge for five days. Rosemary, thyme, and garlic rub seasoning rubbed on the day before.
Reverse sear roasted a la The Food Lab.

Edited by Gator Pam

I did 2 Top Sirloin Roasts (smoked them with a nice dry rub), mashed potatoes, honey glazed carrots, corn, mac n cheese (from scratch), gravy, rolls and then lots of cookies and we had various dips we made for appetizers. Roast was outstanding, first time I have smoked one these and will NOT be the last.