Rival 6 qt.smart pot crock pot at Target

G_K

My grandfather bought me a RIval roaster for Christmas from Walmart. When I opened it, the lid had corrosion on it. I contacted Rival and they told me there was nothing they were going to do about it. They told me to take it back to the store and then just hung up on me!

I will NEVER buy another Rival product because of their poor customer service.

I have this crockpot. It's great! The oval size is perfect for roasts and chickens. Personally I like the oval better than round- just a matter of taste.

As for this particular pot- it heats HOT- make sure you add water and always set it on the lowest setting, even if you do want it cooked in like 5 hours- still set it on the 10 hour setting.

Guest stopme

I'm part of a yahoo group on slow cooking and the consensus there is that all the new crockpots cook too hot. Most hard-core slow cookers buy their pots at yard sales! If you're home and can monitor it and cook your roast in just a few hours, you'll be fine; if you work and are gone for 10 or so hours a day, it might not work out the way you want it to.

Good luck!

I recieved the Smart Pot for Christmas. I plan on trying it out tomorrow with a beef roast. What would be a good seasoning?

When I make roast beef in the crock pot I just pour a can of beef broth over it, shake some salt & pepper on it and put the lid on. No fuss, no muss and idiot proof. :D Even I can't screw it up.

Big Lots had large oval crock pots regularly priced at $19.99 before Christmas in So. Cal, so I would recommend looking around first. Not sure on size, I just know it is the large oval with the removable crock portion, which is the only kind I will ever use again.

Guest stopme

For your beef, you could just put garlic, salt and pepper on it (or even pre-brown it in the skillet with those). You generally don't need to add liquid as it will create its own.

Another recipe calls for a packet of onion soup mix plus a can of coke. That's it!

Enjoy!