WALMART changed from original press release

rlm626

I was at my local walmart today in CLIO michigan, spoke with 3 seperate managers, all 3 gave a different version of tomorrows sale. ONE thing for sure I was told is that they will NOT be matching other store ads, dosent matter what there "Christmas ad match" guarentee is or what threre TV afs say. Needless to say, I will most likely be doing my shopping ELSEWHERE !!!!
  • Like 1

I was at my local walmart today in CLIO michigan, spoke with 3 seperate managers, all 3 gave a different version of tomorrows sale. ONE thing for sure I was told is that they will NOT be matching other store ads, dosent matter what there "Christmas ad match" guarentee is or what threre TV afs say. Needless to say, I will most likely be doing my shopping ELSEWHERE !!!!

try a different store and that one clearly does not want to honor the policy

They are not going to honor or price match black friday ads tomorrow. Those ads aren't out yet to price match. I don't think that they changed it I just think people misunderstood the sale. They are price matching items off  of black friday ads them selves on some items. I am sure if you bring a current  ad  that is for a sale happening tomorrow they will price match  that ad. 

They are not going to honor or price match black friday ads tomorrow. Those ads aren't out yet to price match. I don't think that they changed it I just think people misunderstood the sale. They are price matching items off of black friday ads them selves on some items. I am sure if you bring a current ad that is for a sale happening tomorrow they will price match that ad.

I was told buy Managers at 2 different walmarts that they WILL NOT be matching BF ads from other store, that can quite possibly be in this area, i also called walmart corporation while I was in store and was told they have no idea about an ad match policy so I have NO idea whats going on with them, I've been a BF walmart shopper for 18 years, seen some awful stuff happen and I'm really dissappointed this year in the way that the managers are choosing to behave, my sister worked for walmart for 18 years in another state, and from everything I know from employees, I should'nt be surprised. Anyway, think I will go to target instead, ALWAYS has been a MUCH more pleasant experience in my area...shame tho   :(

Edited by rlm626
  • Like 1

Found this on Walmart's website.  "On Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and any of their shopping trips, customers can take advantage of the everyday ad match policy* available at Walmart stores. If a customer spots a lower price on an advertised item, and comes into a Walmart store during the same day and time that the competitor’s ad is valid, Walmart will match the price at the register."

The regular ad match is different that the Christmas ad match.  So, you would have to take the other retailer's black Friday ads into Walmart DURING THE SAME DAY AND TIME and you can get the item price matched right at the register. 

I also hate the fact that the managers DO NOT have a clue about their own stores policy.  I usually inform them because I print out the policy and bring it with me and then make them read it.  :smh:

Edited by suzy3333

What's Clio Michigan just wondering if it's one of the walmarts I go to I usually go to Clinton twp the one on hall rd next to partridge creek not the one by the highway.