Walmart's November 22nd Sale - Only In-Store? [Update: Prices changing in-store!]

LMC502

ALL 5  TALLAHASSEE, FL stores removed the LeapPad 2 items from the shelves days ago, claim they ran out....yeah right, my guess is they did not want to honor the pre-sale on Friday, so people would have to pay their black friday sale prices, which is $20. more than Toysrus black friday prices.

Went to Walmart @7:30 am to see if they had put the Leapfrog Explorer systems back out, NONE to be found and the employee's knew nothing about the Pre-Sale,  just then the Walmart ad came on the in-store big TV screen, showed them exactly what I was looking for, by then more people had arrived looking for the same items.No one could find them anywhere, yet the "scanner" showed that they had 11 in stock. Finally someone in electronics peeled away a banner on a glass front locked cabinet, and there in the front was this item, said they did not know how many were there, so we were all hopeful.  THEY COULD NOT GET THE DOOR TO UNLOCK - they got the assistant manager back there to see if his key would work - NOPE - he tried and then when he saw that we were not leaving, he told them to get a locksmith to open it. Asst manager took down names to "call them when the case was opened" and they could come back to the store and pick up their system...he would "hold one".. I did not leave, told them I would wait.....2 hours later, locked case was open and there was ONLY 1 LeapPad system in there period ,and I GOT IT..... the rest were Ultra LeapPads, they only had 1 of the Ultra systems on the shelf, why they had not restocked using these I do not know. When questioned about why scanner showed that they had 11, LeapPad2 systems in stock, they got the top manager to come back there....he was not happy, shared his attitude about it with us...."I don't want to send business to Toys R Us, but if it need it that bad - go to Toys R Us, we don't have to match their ad" !!!  When he first walked up and saw that several of us had the LeapPad2 with battery packs in our carts, he told us right away that

" Walmart will not reduce the price on those to match someone else's ad"  one lady spoke and said "we did not ask you to - we only want to know if somewhere else in the store, these missing LeapPads could be" and "is it posible to get a raincheck until someone can unload the truck"  He said "NO" and  finally admitted "maybe they are on one of the 3 trucks out back, but I am not going to go unload a truck myself to find an item to meet a competitor ad"  turns out all the local walmarts had trucks, waiting to be unloaded, but supposably no one there to unload the stock. the poor ladies in electronics tried calling around and each store showed that they had a minimum of 3 in the store, but none could be found, so they must stil be on the truck too, one lady said well if they are still on the truck, and have not been checked in, then they can't be the ones the scanner is showing as being in stock. Walmart employee's could not answer that. All that mattered to me was that I got what I came after, not the color I wanted but I got one.

Went to Walmart @7:30 am to see if they had put the Leapfrog Explorer systems back out, NONE to be found and the employee's knew nothing about the Pre-Sale,  just then the Walmart ad came on the in-store big TV screen, showed them exactly what I was looking for, by then more people had arrived looking for the same items.No one could find them anywhere, yet the "scanner" showed that they had 11 in stock. Finally someone in electronics peeled away a banner on a glass front locked cabinet, and there in the front was this item, said they did not know how many were there, so we were all hopeful.  THEY COULD NOT GET THE DOOR TO UNLOCK - they got the assistant manager back there to see if his key would work - NOPE - he tried and then when he saw that we were not leaving, he told them to get a locksmith to open it. Asst manager took down names to "call them when the case was opened" and they could come back to the store and pick up their system...he would "hold one".. I did not leave, told them I would wait.....2 hours later, locked case was open and there was ONLY 1 LeapPad system in there period ,and I GOT IT..... the rest were Ultra LeapPads, they only had 1 of the Ultra systems on the shelf, why they had not restocked using these I do not know. When questioned about why scanner showed that they had 11, LeapPad2 systems in stock, they got the top manager to come back there....he was not happy, shared his attitude about it with us...."I don't want to send business to Toys R Us, but if it need it that bad - go to Toys R Us, we don't have to match their ad" !!!  When he first walked up and saw that several of us had the LeapPad2 with battery packs in our carts, he told us right away that

" Walmart will not reduce the price on those to match someone else's ad"  one lady spoke and said "we did not ask you to - we only want to know if somewhere else in the store, these missing LeapPads could be" and "is it posible to get a raincheck until someone can unload the truck"  He said "NO" and  finally admitted "maybe they are on one of the 3 trucks out back, but I am not going to go unload a truck myself to find an item to meet a competitor ad"  turns out all the local walmarts had trucks, waiting to be unloaded, but supposably no one there to unload the stock. the poor ladies in electronics tried calling around and each store showed that they had a minimum of 3 in the store, but none could be found, so they must stil be on the truck too, one lady said well if they are still on the truck, and have not been checked in, then they can't be the ones the scanner is showing as being in stock. Walmart employee's could not answer that. All that mattered to me was that I got what I came after, not the color I wanted but I got one.

This is a HUGE problem at Walmart. I can't tell you how many times I've found an empty shelf, had someone scan it, found they have more in the back.....but they have no idea WHERE to find them. Not a problem at Target or a Toys R Us.

I worked stock for Kmart in the late 90s and always knew where things were when the shelf was empty and the RMU said we had x number. I never understood why this is such an issue for Walmart. I waited 30 minutes for them to find curtains in the back one time! They has the head manager looking too.