Y'all.....y'all.....y'all....y'alllllllllllll..................You win. I give in. I give into the Christmas spirit and the hopefulness I seem to have misplaced for far too long and to the belief that good people exist.
I bet you can guess what I am about to say.....there was another package waiting for me when I got home from what was a horrible day that included a huge blow up with my father over some serious non-packergurl-responsible nonsense but I digress.....
After crying yet again, I decide to open all the packages. There have been 5 packages in all:
1) The first package (see picture #1) had some awesome old school taffy that I can guarantee will be gone before the week is over along with some mini Twix (yummy!) and Russell Stovers as well as a gorgeous watch that I LOVE and gingerbread anti-bacterial hand stuff. I love this all, thank you!!!.
2) The second package was the previously posted package (see post #180 in this thread) that had a box of peppermint tea, Reese's Pieces and Twix - my 2 favs!, and a Starbucks card. This the perfect comfort package, tea and chocolate! Thank you!!
3) Package 3 was from the Chief Elf and had an adorable angel ornament with the word "Believe" on it that is now proudly front and center on my tree (see post #223). It's perfect! Thank you Chief Elf!
4) Package 4 (see picture 2 marked #4) is the package that arrived on Friday and is mentioned in post #224. This package had 2 inflatable Packers tailgating buffet tables!!! OH THE IRONY!!! I was so pumped from the pep rally that I had a party for the game yesterday and I received one of these at my office white elephant exchange last week and I love it and I used it at my party yesterday and I was seriously telling everyone that I needed more of them because one wasn't enough and there sat two more RIGHT UNDER MY TREE!!!! BAHAHAHAHA Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't wait til next Sunday, it's going to be a Packers buffet heaven in my house!
5) The package that arrived today (see picture 3 marked #5) is the one that broke the dam and spurred the opening of the packages under the tree BUT by the time I got to this one, I felt like I was cheating myself of Christmas morning excitement so when I discovered the gifts were wrapped, I stopped myself. There are 4 tea packages I can't wait to try and there are 5 wrapped packages in all, 3 are Christmas and the 2 with the puppy paper say Happy Birthday. You don't even know what it means to have birthday gifts NOT wrapped in Christmas paper!! I wanted to rip into them but I decided to save them so I will update this next week. THANK YOU!!
There are also 2 other people who sent me Christmas cards with Starbucks cards in them to whom I want to say thank you. I also want to say thank you for all of the Christmas cards too. My mantle is very appreciative
I've tried to send a card to everyone who has sent me something but if I missed you, please, please, please, please let me know so I can fix that
You all have made me feel very special and loved. I feel like I've been blitz attacked into a better mood and a better outlook and it has worked. It's not even about the "things" but the fact that all of you, people who don't even know me, care enough to try and perk me up. It has definitely shined a light on all the not so good people I let hang around - family included - who are life sucking energy drainers that don't deserve the access to me. You all have reminded me that there are positive people still out there and you have shown me that I deserve better, quality people in my life. I cannot say thank you enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love ALL of you and if you EVER need ANYTHING, say the word and it's done. Gottadeal has definitely shown me THIS is what family is about and that family is more than just DNA. Thank you a thousand and one times over. Merry Christmas.