Forum Software Upgrade

Brad

Reply with Quote doesn't work...

No, that happened because the poster of the post you quoted didn't format the quote tags right (no / on closing tag), so when you quoted it, it became even worse. If the original post you quoted was formatted correctly, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Using FireFox 3.5.8 (am going to upgrade to 3.6 to see if it helps) - Also using Windows XP Pro. :(

While using the same systems as mentioned above and I am having this search problem, too. I am copying an item from a retailer page, opening the search box (in the OnLine Deal forum) trying to paste the copied item and the search box closes without pasting any info. In the past this is always how I searched for deals before starting new threads.

Other than this problem I have been able to post deals as I normally would.

While using the same systems as mentioned above and I am having this search problem, too. I am copying an item from a retailer page, opening the search box (in the OnLine Deal forum) trying to paste the copied item and the search box closes without pasting any info. In the past this is always how I searched for deals before starting new threads.

Other than this problem I have been able to post deals as I normally would.

Can you give me a specific retailer? Maybe the text you are trying to paste has some weird formatting that the search box doesn't like. Can you copy and paste regular text (such as from this post) in the box?

This one is strange because I can't get it to happen and unlike most of the other bugs posted in this thread, I can't find anyone else that has reported it on the official vB support boards.

Can you give me a specific retailer? Maybe the text you are trying to paste has some weird formatting that the search box doesn't like. Can you copy and paste regular text (such as from this post) in the box?

This one is strange because I can't get it to happen and unlike most of the other bugs posted in this thread, I can't find anyone else that has reported it on the official vB support boards.

Here are a few sites that I tried examples from these linked pages just before replying to this thread;

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=41556&CategoryID=39171

http://www.diamondshark.com/

http://www.aeropostale.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4055270&cp=3534618.3534619.3534626.3595055

I copy the title of the item, click on the search box for the forum and when I right click to paste the search box closes.

I have tried the OnLine forum, this forum and the Retail List contest forum and the same think happens, no matter the retailer I am copying from or forum.

If I have time I will try from my work computer tomorrow and see if the same thing happens. They are running Windows XP and use Internet Explorer.

Here are a few sites that I tried examples from these linked pages just before replying to this thread;

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=41556&CategoryID=39171

http://www.diamondshark.com/

http://www.aeropostale.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4055270&cp=3534618.3534619.3534626.3595055

I copy the title of the item, click on the search box for the forum and when I right click to paste the search box closes.

I have tried the OnLine forum, this forum and the Retail List contest forum and the same think happens, no matter the retailer I am copying from or forum.

If I have time I will try from my work computer tomorrow and see if the same thing happens. They are running Windows XP and use Internet Explorer.

Tell me this: will it let you paste if you use Ctrl-V instead of right clicking and then selecting "paste"? Just trying to see if the issue is with pasting or the right-click action.

Update: I was finally able to get it to happen here, and it also happens on the official vB site, which tells me it's yet another bug and not something GD-specific. Using Ctrl-V does work though, so I'd suggest doing it that way until they get around to fixing the problem.

Tell me this: will it let you paste if you use Ctrl-V instead of right clicking and then selecting "paste"? Just trying to see if the issue is with pasting or the right-click action.

Update: I was finally able to get it to happen here, and it also happens on the official vB site, which tells me it's yet another bug and not something GD-specific. Using Ctrl-V does work though, so I'd suggest doing it that way until they get around to fixing the problem.

I tried it from here at work and didn't have any problem. Although I did notice when I opened the search box it jumped to the middle of the page. Hmmmmmm!

Will try the Ctrl-V later from home.

With the old format, I used to be able to log in and just stay logged in. Now, it seems I have to log in a lot more often or else when I go to "view first unread" message, it takes me to stuff that I've already read.

Why am I continually being logged out? Is there anyway to change that or is that something that can't be controlled.

It's not a huge deal, but it was nice to always be able to just pop in during the day and check on postings without having to log in all the time.

:)

With the old format, I used to be able to log in and just stay logged in. Now, it seems I have to log in a lot more often or else when I go to "view first unread" message, it takes me to stuff that I've already read.

Why am I continually being logged out? Is there anyway to change that or is that something that can't be controlled.

It's not a huge deal, but it was nice to always be able to just pop in during the day and check on postings without having to log in all the time.

I haven't seen that issue. There may be an issue with the cookies for your web browser.

I'm having a hard time searching, too. I have FF 3.5.8.

I normally just type in IWG to search the contests and it won't pull anything up. It says there are no results. I know you can filter, but it's only pulling up 2 results. I'm assuming those were opened after the switch.

I'm having a problem with the Mobil site its really slow on my blackberry storm and it looks like the regular fourms insted of the Mobil ones.

You might have to re-select the mobile theme from the menu at the bottom left of every page. When the upgrade happened, the ID# of the mobile style changed, which is why it might have switched back to the full theme on your BB.

And we've got something even better than the mobile site coming soon for BB, iPhone and Android users...

Brad --- is it possible to remove the "Reply to Thread" button that I've circled in the screen cap below:

It's not really necessary since the "Quick Reply" box is automatically shown and I have already accidentally vaporized many clever/witty/informative responses by clicking that larger button when I should have clicked the "Post Quick Reply" button on the lower right.

I have tried to AdBlock it to keep me from doing that in the future, but for some reason it doesn't go away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is doing this...

I am having to log in atleast once a day, I think its my firefox not this site, its happening to me on all sites not just this one. I have just got used to having to log in so it doesnt bother me anymore, lol.

The album is screwy! I tried to upload a few pics to my private album and once I got past the new format I realized I can not change the order of the pics. I re-added a pic and now the pic is moved to the front. I shouldn't care but I wanted the pic in the same location it was. :(

Brad --- is it possible to remove the "Reply to Thread" button that I've circled in the screen cap below:

It's not really necessary since the "Quick Reply" box is automatically shown and I have already accidentally vaporized many clever/witty/informative responses by clicking that larger button when I should have clicked the "Post Quick Reply" button on the lower right.

I have tried to AdBlock it to keep me from doing that in the future, but for some reason it doesn't go away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is doing this...

Removed it, but left the one on the top of the page.

When I click on links in the freebies or online deals instead on bringing me to whatever website I'm trying to go to it brings me to the gottadeal home page instead

I had the same problem on a few of the contests. What I found was that when I looked at the address bar after it brought me to the home page it had the gottadeal.com link in front of it. If I removed everything before the link to the page I want it would bring me where I wanted. I thought it was how it was posted but maybe not.....

I had the same problem on a few of the contests. What I found was that when I looked at the address bar after it brought me to the home page it had the gottadeal.com link in front of it. If I removed everything before the link to the page I want it would bring me where I wanted. I thought it was how it was posted but maybe not.....

I have noticed in contests the ones that have (https://) mess up but the ones that have (http://) dont. I think it has something to do with the "s".

Brad is there a fix for that?