Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - JULY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#31 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Aug 5, 2009 - 8:06 am

I got free chocolate! Except the freebie didn't print until I actually bought something. I had to use up ECBs that were expiring on Saturday.

I got mouthwash, but was hoping for the chocolate. Stinkin' mouthwash . . . :D

#32 3 boys  OFFLINE  

3 boys

Black Friday Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Aug 5, 2009 - 4:59 pm

I have recently started CVS-ing and LOVE IT! I have taken advantage of many deals but this week I had 4 coupons for $2.50 off the Eletrosol . and used it with the sale for 2/$9 and also got the $10 ECB plus a free Choc. bar. coupon on the receipt! They also had certain candy 75% off. I cleaned them outta ring pops(.17 each) :D

#33 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 5, 2009 - 9:39 pm

My CVS did have all their candles at 50% off, it was tempting to get them for Christmas presents.

GO BRUINS!

#34 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 6, 2009 - 6:22 am

I did the P&G products (spend $25) and got the free Cover Girl mascara. FYI .. you can still use the $1.00 off CV product even though it is free!

#35 jdflores  OFFLINE  

jdflores

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 7, 2009 - 6:20 pm

Went to a couple of CVSs yesterday to do one of the ECB deals, but they didn't have the items I was looking for and was told they wouldn't have them until Monday. I got a raincheck. Stopped at another CVS today to take a chance that they might have those items. Surprisingly enough, they did. Anyone know, since I actually already did the deal, if I buy those items using the rain check, next week or after, will I still get the ECBs (there was a limit of one on that deal)?

#36 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 8, 2009 - 5:38 am

Yes you will, because you have a raincheck and they will have to override the register anyways to give you the ECB's, and starting tomorrow it's all new deals.

#37 jdflores  OFFLINE  

jdflores

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 8, 2009 - 11:43 am

Thanks

#38 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 9, 2009 - 9:23 am

This week Sharpie Brand 4 pk of Highlighters are on sale for .99 and there is a $1.00 off coupon, so they would be FREE!

Coupon:http://schoolyearsev.../SYE_Coupon.pdf

and

Coppertone Nutrashield with Dual Defense (personally love this stuff)
$8.99 - $5 Printable coupon + Get $2 ECB's= $1.99

Coupon: http://www.copperton...rtone/index.jsp

With These Bottles some also have a Bonus small bottle attached to them!

Edited by ixrayu05, Aug 9, 2009 - 9:37 am.
Add Deal

If it's on sale...I will buy it!:yup:

#39 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Aug 10, 2009 - 12:38 pm

My CVS had all their "Singles to go!" on sale for .09 (originally .99)! All expirations were either Jan 2011 or Feb 2012. The varieties were: Hawaiian Punch, Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade, Wyler's Light Lemonade, Wyler's Light Cool Raspberry, Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry and a Wylier's Orange Burst. All are sugar free and have 8 packets per box.

#40 vsa3janes  OFFLINE  

vsa3janes

There is always Hope...

• 8,248 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 10, 2009 - 4:46 pm

My CVS had all their "Singles to go!" on sale for .09 (originally .99)! All expirations were either Jan 2011 or Feb 2012. The varieties were: Hawaiian Punch, Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade, Wyler's Light Lemonade, Wyler's Light Cool Raspberry, Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry and a Wylier's Orange Burst. All are sugar free and have 8 packets per box.

These would be great for anyone that has children going off to college.

#41 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 10, 2009 - 5:43 pm

or diabetics

#42 norma75  OFFLINE  

norma75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 10, 2009 - 5:59 pm

or diabetics

my thoughts exactly, I buy them all the time for DH who has diabetes:)

#43 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 19, 2009 - 7:37 am

for the first time in forever I've finally gotten some $x off $xx coupons! Scanned my card the other day and got $7 off my $49 purchase (what an odd amount). Got an email yesterday saving $4 off beauty purchase of $20 or more.

#44 KC-Traderbear  OFFLINE  

KC-Traderbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 24, 2009 - 1:15 pm

If I have 5 in my family and I transfer a prescription to take advantage of the $25 giftcard deal, can I do that for each person in the family or is there a rule about 1 new or transferred script per address/family? Does anyone know 'bout that??

#45 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 24, 2009 - 2:51 pm

Well, holy cow. I just realized this thread says july, and here's August, nearly over. :(

GO BRUINS!

#46 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 25, 2009 - 6:06 am

Well the Walgreens thread says april/may ...

#47 olszanski  OFFLINE  

olszanski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 25, 2009 - 7:40 pm

for the first time in forever I've finally gotten some $x off $xx coupons!

Scanned my card the other day and got $7 off my $49 purchase (what an odd amount). Got an email yesterday saving $4 off beauty purchase of $20 or more.

I received the same coupon and also thought it was an odd amount, lol.

#48 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 4:27 am

Summer clearance is 75% off here for a couple days now.

#49 KC-Traderbear  OFFLINE  

KC-Traderbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 5:36 am

Does anyone know whether new/transfer prescription giftcard promotions at CVS are limited to one per ADDRESS or is it one per person in the family? Anyone ... anyone????

#50 rhirdahn  OFFLINE  

rhirdahn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 6:05 am

I went into cvs the other day and sometimes they have such great clearance items. I bought my daughter hannah montana cards for 25 cents for a pack of 10 and it came with stickers. Also, a polly pocket set for 2.50. A nail painting set with 4 colors and 4 matching rings for 99 cents each!! Lastly, I bought a 250 piece art set for 2.50!! Great stuff for the holidays and birthdays coming up! Does your cvs do this too?

#51 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 7:03 am

Does anyone know whether new/transfer prescription giftcard promotions at CVS are limited to one per ADDRESS or is it one per person in the family? Anyone ... anyone????

call one & ask
if it's a coupon that printed on the bottom of your receipt you can use more than one if more than one printed out

#52 KC-Traderbear  OFFLINE  

KC-Traderbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 7:21 am

call one & ask
if it's a coupon that printed on the bottom of your receipt you can use more than one if more than one printed out

Well, I guess I will. Just thought that someone out there might have tried to use the giftcard offer for transferred prescriptions (the coupons that come out in the paper) for more than one person in their house and it would save me some time.

Thank you though. :)

#53 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 7:33 am

Well, I guess I will. Just thought that someone out there might have tried to use the giftcard offer for transferred prescriptions (the coupons that come out in the paper) for more than one person in their house and it would save me some time.

it really depends on your CVS. I have used 2 at one time before as it was a RiteAid coupon and they let you use 2 at a time.

I then went back a few days later, filled 2 more scrips and used 2 more Rite Aid coupons.

All of my scrips were new - they were not transfers - even though the Rite Aid coupon says transfer scrips only.

#54 KC-Traderbear  OFFLINE  

KC-Traderbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 7:46 am

it really depends on your CVS. I have used 2 at one time before as it was a RiteAid coupon and they let you use 2 at a time.

I then went back a few days later, filled 2 more scrips and used 2 more Rite Aid coupons.

All of my scrips were new - they were not transfers - even though the Rite Aid coupon says transfer scrips only.

Thanks so much. That's what I needed. I just wasn't sure if they tracked stuff by PERSON or by ADDRESS. It sounds like it's by person.

I'd like to get all my family's prescriptions in one spot now that a new CVS has opened in a convenient location. There are 5 of us in our family, so I figured that I'd take advantage of those $25 gift card offers as I transferred each one for each person (if I was able to do that).

I appreciate your reply very much. I will give it a try anyway.

#55 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 7:50 am

lol - my CVS doesn't track it AT ALL

#56 1angelnhvn  OFFLINE  

1angelnhvn

Shopoholic

• 1,457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 9:39 am

One time they made me pay for each one separately but they still let me use all three. They didn't track it at all that I could tell. I started just refilling them on different days to avoid any hassle.....

#57 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 27, 2009 - 9:53 am

I think it also depends on the competition of pharmacies where you live. Within a 1 mile radius of the CVS I go to - there is a Walgreens and a Rite Aid.

#58 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2009 - 5:40 am

Thanks so much. That's what I needed. I just wasn't sure if they tracked stuff by PERSON or by ADDRESS. It sounds like it's by person.

I'd like to get all my family's prescriptions in one spot now that a new CVS has opened in a convenient location. There are 5 of us in our family, so I figured that I'd take advantage of those $25 gift card offers as I transferred each one for each person (if I was able to do that).

I appreciate your reply very much. I will give it a try anyway.

It depends on which offer you are going to use. The coupons from the bottom of your receipt? Then they will take more than 1 if you have more than 1. A coupon from another store that you are asking them to match? Then it depends on your store. A CVS coupon from the paper? What are the terms on the coupon? Sometimes they say 1 per card/household per so many days. Even if it says that, it depends on the store, they may allow more than 1. When you are there picking up the first prescription you transferred you can ask if they will allow another, and have it with you so if they say yes you can have them do it right away.

#59 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Aug 28, 2009 - 9:04 am

Summer clearance is 75% off here for a couple days now.

Soooo jealous! All my stores are still are 50% off!

#60 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2009 - 10:25 am

Soooo jealous! All my stores are still are 50% off!

I went in for something else and they just happened to be marking it all down, afterward I went down the street to another CVS and they had no summer stuff at all left in their store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users