Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - JULY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#1 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:03 pm

ALL discussion about CVS deals, coupons, and promotions for the month will take place in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, as they will promptly be CLOSED and you will be directed to post in the new thread.

Welcome to the joys of CVS Shopping! Here are some quick details to help you out:

What is the CVS Extra Care Program?
The CVS Extra Care program is CVS’s shopping card. You can sign up for a card in store or online at https://www.cvs.com/...MSG=XTRACAREMSG
With this card, you will have access to their weekly and monthly sale prices. If you do not present your card, you will not be given these sale prices or qualify for the Extra Care Bucks rewards.

The greatest benefit of this program is the Extra Care Bucks portion.

What is an Extra Care Bucks?
Every month, along with every week, CVS runs sales on particular items where if you buy that item, you will receive a coupon at the end of your receipt with Extra Care Bucks (aka ECBs) that you can use on your next purchase.

For example, let’s say Garnier Fructis shampoo is on sale for 2.99 with $2.00 in ECBs. This means you will have to pay the 2.99 upfront for the shampoo, but at the end of your receipt, you will receive a $2.00 ECB that you can use on a future purchase at CVS. It’s like you only paid $0.99 for a bottle of shampoo!

At the end of each quarter, CVS will also add up all your spending, and give you a rebate in ECBs based on your spending, which is 2% of the total amount. That’s EXTRA money just for buying items at CVS!

Can I use manufacturer’s coupons?
Certainly! Using the example above with the Garnier Fructis shampoo – there are regularly coupons for 1.00 off your purchase of one (1) bottle of their shampoo. The item will ring up at 2.99, then you can use your coupon for 1.00 off, so you wind up paying 1.99 for the item. You STILL get the $2.00 ECB reward – so it’s like getting it for free!

Wow! Can I do this over and over?
Unfortunately, there are limits to all the sales. Check the weekly ad and the monthly sales books for the limits. When we post the sales here, we will also list the limits.

Can I have more than one CVS card?
The answer in general is no. However, if you have access to another address/name/phone number, you may be able to get a second card.

What about prescriptions?
Whenever you fill a prescription, make sure the pharmacy scans your card! Each prescription is 0.50 in ECBs that will be paid out at the end of the quarter.

Can I use the ECBs I earn to pay for prescriptions?
Unfortunately, no. They can only be used on store purchases.

CVS and Coupons
CVS also has a great coupon program. When you sign up for your card, make sure to check that you want CVS to email you coupons and offers. This will put you on their mailing list for future coupons!

Most of the CVS coupons are for a certain amount of dollars off a minimum dollar purchase. For example, to start, CVS will email you a coupon to save $4.00 on a $20.00 purchase.

When entering your store, look for the CVS card scanning/price checking machine. Scan your card upon entry every time for additional coupons and incentives! Sometimes it's 3.00/10.00 of CVS products, or something FREE!

Stacking coupons
Please note, your store may have a different policy regarding the stacking of coupons. IN ADDITION CVS has not been issuing as many e-mail coupons as in the past. Most stacking has been done via CRT coupons, which are the coupons that are generated at the end of your CVS receipt, or from the card scanning machine (if your store has one.)

Always make sure you give the cashier your CVS card to scan before you get to the total and start handing over coupons to make sure you get any sale prices.

CVS will sometimes have coupons for $3 off a $15.00 purchase, or $2 off a $10.00. The theory regarding CVS purchases are:
Your PRETAX amount is 30.00. You have a coupon for $4 off $20.00, $3 off $15.00, or $2 off $10.00. Hand to the cashier the coupons in this order:
1. The $4 off $20.00 coupon
2. The $3 off $15.00
3. The $2 off 10.00
As long as your total is more than the amount on the coupon, you can keep using coupons.

NEXT, give them your manufacturer coupons.

FINALLY, give them your ECBs.

Hopefully by this point, your out of pocket (OOP) amount is a small number. It may not be at the start, but with constant shopping and deal searching, you’ll build up a good amount of ECBs to use on future purchases.

We have come across some stores that will not allow you to stack their money off coupons unless your total equals the amounts of the coupons. For example, if you want to use a $4 off $20 coupon along with a $3 off $15 coupon, some cashiers may say that your total must be $35.00 before you can use the coupon. This rule varies from store to store and from cashier to cashier. We cannot say that CVS will always stack, because the policies are always changing.

What do they do about B1G1 (buy one, get one free) coupons? I have 2 coupons for the B1G1 covergirl lip product. If I got 2 lip products and used the two coupons would I get both for free or do the B1G1 coupons ring stuff up for 1/2 price?

CVS rings up the first item at full price and the second item rings up free. So if you have a BOGO free coupon, you would get both items free.

PLEASE NOTE: YMMV (your mileage may vary.) Some stores may not process it, some cashiers may be confused, but in general, the above should happen.

How to use your ECBs
Please note that you cannot use your ECBs:
- on pharmacy co-pays
- on the purchase of gift cards
Also, ECBs are tied to YOUR card. You will not be able to use the ECBs that are earned by other people. You must also present your card in order to use your ECBs.

Please note that your ECBs do have an expiration date and to be mindful of it. If they do expire, you may be able to have customer service reactivate them. Please contact CVS customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS.

ECBs can only be used on the PRETAX amount of your purchase. If your pre-tax purchase is 3.99 and you only have a $4.00 ECB, you will not be able to use that ECB – you must use smaller denominations.

I bought something that comes with ECBs but it didn’t print out. What gives?!
Check to see if you had previously hit the limit on the offer. It will print on your receipt. Also make sure you bought the correct item or version of the product. If you had not hit the limit, please contact customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS and they will add it to your card to print the next time you are in store.

THE GROUND RULES:
1. Post your experiences shopping at CVS, the deal combos you have found, and the unmarked clearance/ECB deals you have found at your store. Also post your general location if you are comfortable.
2. Do not post links to non CVS authorized coupons. They will be edited out. Authentic CVS coupons come from cvs.com or are located at akamaitech.com.
3. Keep non CVS chatter to a minimum. This is first and foremost a deals discussion. Anything going too far off topic will be deleted.

If you have links to printable coupons for items on sale this week at CVS, also post those for others to share.

Play nice!

GO BRUINS!

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:04 pm

Monthly Deals - July
The monthly deals now are called "Clip free coupons" Is this the end of the monthly free ECB deal in the monthly book?

Weekly Deals:
Check your Local CVS for your weekly deals, as the deals are regional:
http://cvs.shoplocal...tezip= ZIP Code

GO BRUINS!

#3 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jul 1, 2009 - 7:20 am

3.50 in quarterly rewards today! WOOHOO! Check your cards!

GO BRUINS!

#4 olszanski  OFFLINE  

olszanski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 7, 2009 - 6:34 am

3.50 in quarterly rewards today! WOOHOO! Check your cards!

Yes, yes, $3.50 in rewards here also!:D Also 75% off here on spring merchandise, including some nice candles.

#5 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jul 7, 2009 - 7:11 am

I see Colgate toothpaste is 2.99 with 2.00 ECB. There should be at least a 75 cent coupon floating around somewhere, so it's only pennies after ECB. Ahh to have a stockpile of toothpaste again...

GO BRUINS!

#6 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jul 13, 2009 - 7:55 am

Actually found all the school supplies that were free after ECBs printed! Got the fusion razor (-$4MQ) and did the Kotex deal (-1MQ x 2 and -$2CVS Q). After turning my ECBs and a $4 of $20 too, I got: 3 packs of Papermate pens, 2 scissors, 2 notebooks, 2 rulers, 2 bottles of glue, 2 packs of Kotex pads and Fusion razor for .44 OOP, then got $20.89 back in ECBs. Not a bad day CVS. I was getting worried, since my last few trips had been busts. Anyone ever notice the CVS magazine (can't remember the name) located right under the price scanner (in my store)? It had a ton of really great coupons and since they are CVS coupons, I would think we could combine them with manufacturer's coupons too. The magazine was .99 (I think?), but would be worth it if you were on the hunt for some of the items with coupons. Waiting for pool items to start dropping. Noticed on another thread that Walgreens is already at 50%. Come on CVS . . .

#7 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 13, 2009 - 7:59 am

Waiting for pool items to start dropping. Noticed on another thread that Walgreens is already at 50%. Come on CVS . . .

I'm going to start stalking Walgreens for when it goes to 75% off, but it seems that lately they will leave stuff at 50% off for a long time (look at all the crap in their clearance isle)

#8 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jul 13, 2009 - 11:26 am

I'm going to start stalking Walgreens for when it goes to 75% off, but it seems that lately they will leave stuff at 50% off for a long time (look at all the crap in their clearance isle)

I don't usually shop at Walgreens, but I've been watching the thread. You guys get some incredible deals.

If anyone notices the summer/pool stuff at CVS going 75% please post. Got ECBs I'm holding onto for masks, goggles and such. We burn thru them each summer and I try to stock up during the CVS clearance. Thanks!

#9 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 13, 2009 - 12:24 pm

I don't usually shop at Walgreens, but I've been watching the thread. You guys get some incredible deals.

If anyone notices the summer/pool stuff at CVS going 75% please post. Got ECBs I'm holding onto for masks, goggles and such. We burn thru them each summer and I try to stock up during the CVS clearance. Thanks!

I always buy a bunch of slip-n-slides, they last only through a couple uses before they have a hole or tear or something

#10 PeachieKeen  OFFLINE  

PeachieKeen

• 1,145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 13, 2009 - 12:41 pm

How do you know if you have any Quarterly Rewards? I should have some, and I was at CVS today shopping but I don't see any mention of it on my receipt?

#11 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 13, 2009 - 7:58 pm

I thought they printed out on the bottom of your receipt. Set up an account online and enter in your card # at CVS.com if you haven't already and log into your account and see what it says.

#12 PeachieKeen  OFFLINE  

PeachieKeen

• 1,145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 14, 2009 - 4:26 am

oooh...I think mine actually printed last week. I got an ECB that I wasn't expecting on one of my purchases last week, and it would have been right at the amount that I would have gotten for my quarterly reward. Thanks for the info...that's all it took to make me remember! :)

#13 lilydud123  OFFLINE  

lilydud123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jul 19, 2009 - 6:29 pm

is there a photo book deal right now?

#14 shay_n_sc  OFFLINE  

shay_n_sc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 20, 2009 - 9:50 am

is there a photo book deal right now?

There is a deal where you make a photo dvd and you can add music. It's $9.99 but will be free after ecb.

#15 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 30, 2009 - 9:59 am

It looks like they're giving away something free to every ECB card holder next month. I can't imagine it being anything that great but it's definitely worth checking out. I haven't been in so long it's not even funny :(

http://www.cvs.com/C..._DYN_073009_SUN

#16 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jul 30, 2009 - 12:10 pm

I think I got a free toothbrush before.

GO BRUINS!

#17 amos311  OFFLINE  

amos311

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 30, 2009 - 1:14 pm

I think I got a free toothbrush before.

I got free mouthwash last time.

#18 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jul 31, 2009 - 8:27 am

I got free mouthwash before too.

#19 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 31, 2009 - 8:34 pm

I've gotten a coupon for a free product a couple times from CVS before, they've always been CVS branded items.

#20 1angelnhvn  OFFLINE  

1angelnhvn

Shopoholic

• 1,457 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 1, 2009 - 12:49 pm

Went this morning, mine was a free toothbrush (CVS brand of course)

#21 twilightcalm  OFFLINE  

twilightcalm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 2, 2009 - 7:10 am

The softsoap has a limit of 5 not 1 like the ad says. It might be a glitch so hurry! I also got a mouthwash as my free product. I wanted something a little different. I always get something for oral care. I will put it in the stocking stuffer box in the closet. It's time to make sure that is full anyway.:)

#22 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 2, 2009 - 8:09 pm

I got CVS brand chap stick I cannot find a softsoap coupon, either from my coupons or online, has anybody had any luck? I used a B1G1F on the Stayfree & they had bonus packs so I got 2 packs for $5 and got a $5 ECB back. I also used a $3 coupon from todays paper on the Blink eye drops. Looks like maybe good deals and rolling ECB's may be back...

#23 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Aug 3, 2009 - 8:04 am

My CVS stopped allowing us to shop Sunday's sale on Saturday night!!:mad: When I confronted the Manager (who is really a great guy) he said that they got word from upper management that the sale was to break on Sunday and no sooner. He also said that "Of course, it could change at any time." Needless to say, yesterday morning was a circus. After helping a few other CVS addicts find their items, I was still able to roll my ECBs and get 15.88 ECBs back.

#24 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 3, 2009 - 12:28 pm

What's the softsoap deal? I don't think I saw it in my ad this week.

GO BRUINS!

#25 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 3, 2009 - 7:09 pm

What's the softsoap deal? I don't think I saw it in my ad this week.

It's for another new softsoap, it's $4.99 and you get a $4 ECB back.

#26 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 3, 2009 - 7:19 pm

My CVS stopped allowing us to shop Sunday's sale on Saturday night!!:mad: When I confronted the Manager (who is really a great guy) he said that they got word from upper management that the sale was to break on Sunday and no sooner. He also said that "Of course, it could change at any time." Needless to say, yesterday morning was a circus. After helping a few other CVS addicts find their items, I was still able to roll my ECBs and get 15.88 ECBs back.

Probably because it's gotten out of hand and people started complaining. I've gone in first thing Sunday morning, been their first customer, and they are out of everything that's free after ECB. That's ridiculous. I heard from employees there's a 24 hr store here that changes their prices in the middle of the night and a lady that's there at 2 am Sunday morning every week waiting for the prices to change, she has several cards, and usually buys up everything herself. That's not right.

#27 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Aug 4, 2009 - 5:50 am

Probably because it's gotten out of hand and people started complaining. I've gone in first thing Sunday morning, been their first customer, and they are out of everything that's free after ECB. That's ridiculous. I heard from employees there's a 24 hr store here that changes their prices in the middle of the night and a lady that's there at 2 am Sunday morning every week waiting for the prices to change, she has several cards, and usually buys up everything herself. That's not right.

That's the whole reason I started going Saturday night! I just found out a couple months ago that the prices went into affect the night before because every time I went into the store on Sunday morning they were sold out of everything. I finally asked the clerk and she was the one that informed me to come in on Saturday after 7pm. Figures that I finally get "in the know" and then they change their policy. At least my store is now offering the rain checks, so not a big deal anymore if they are out of everything.

Noticed some cleaning supplies have gone 25% off and some pet products are 50% off.

#28 rhirdahn  OFFLINE  

rhirdahn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 4, 2009 - 5:33 pm

i received a coupon for free cvs chocolate. yummm

#29 supershopper1  OFFLINE  

supershopper1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 4, 2009 - 5:49 pm

The 3 day sales never print until Sunday! Other deals will print Sat. PM. ;)

#30 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 5, 2009 - 7:21 am

I got free chocolate! Except the freebie didn't print until I actually bought something. I had to use up ECBs that were expiring on Saturday.

GO BRUINS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users