GottaDeal v3 is here - what do you think?

RossMAN

Nice to see that change implemented, however even though there is a link now, it doesnt seem to work when you click on it.

Those links are only supposed to function as links if for some reason the browser can't show the drop-down menu. The menus have the same links in them...

I understand what Bobby's trying to say. Users do expect links to work by clicking on it without having to scroll down to a drop-down. I'll send you a PM, Brad.

Now Bobby - if we do implement your suggestion, would the menu still be *annoying and ugly*? :D

'bout time. Damn that was annoying! I almost decided just to add a 2nd bookmark to the forum, but didn't want to clutter my already increasing # of bookmarks (i'm up to like 200 now)

It works just perfectly now. One other thing I noticed, is that I stopped getting all the affiliate credit from GD sales, can someone manually send me the monthly check from now on?

It works just perfectly now. One other thing I noticed, is that I stopped getting all the affiliate credit from GD sales, can someone manually send me the monthly check from now on?

I don't know how we missed that. I'll get on that right away :chairfall

Note that for those of you who like using the forum only to read about the deals, the threads that are automatically created in the Daily Deals Forum now include both coupon and rebate links (along with expiration dates), so you don't have to search the main site to get a coupon link or to find the rebate information.

Just wanted to revisit this feature mentioned during the Beta test. The expiration preview is an excellent idea (and working now that there is actually data to display), and the carryover to the forum threads is extremely useful. Any further update as far as a pricing field (in addition to category, rebates, etc) under the deal custimization section?

Truly great work, Ross and Brad.

Brad, when GD wants more suggestions, let me know and I will write a mockup of another mod.

We're always taking suggestions. Whether or not we can act on them right away is a different matter, but don't let that stop you from making them :)

I may have glossed over another post suggesting this, but would it be possible to get the same drop down menu for the forums that's on the main page on the forum pages as well?

Do you mean like the "Forum Jump" menu that's right below this post on the bottom right?

• 2 months later...

I love the new format, but one thing I don't like is the little envelopes on the side that tell you whether you've posted etc are harder to see now, I think it has to do with the colors. Is there an envelope that could tell you that someone has quoted you in a post?

No there is nothing to tell whether someone has quoted you. I agree that the icons look very similar, but the threads you have posted on do have blue dots on the envelope which makes them easy to see. As for distinguishing between old and new threads, the fact that the titles are bold (for new threads) also help.