GottaDeal v3 is here - what do you think?

RossMAN

Dunno what it is, but I lag tremendously on the main page of the site, only when the upper portion is onscreen. If I scroll down, everything is fine.

*researches*

Okay, this only happens in Firefox, not IE, and ONLY when the new menus show up (Forums, Deals, Coupons, Stores, More), as the page loads everything is fine until those load, and:

t h e n, m y m o u s e

goes all wonky.

that looks good.

btw why some deals has compare price button and some not?

That just depends if that product is availabe on PriceGrabber to compare prices for, as well as if I'm too lazy to enter it when posting the deal :) Same as it's always been.

it used to be easy to figure out which store has the deal, because it's included in the title, now my head has to make an extra move to the far right of the screen to find out the store (or, of course, read the post, but sometimes i just want to skim the titles). i believe this is particularly more significant for people with widescreen monitor :) also, since the store name is not on the title it does not show up in the rss feed.

not a big deal at all to me, just a comment.

it used to be easy to figure out which store has the deal, because it's included in the title, now my head has to make an extra move to the far right of the screen to find out the store (or, of course, read the post, but sometimes i just want to skim the titles). i believe this is particularly more significant for people with widescreen monitor :) also, since the store name is not on the title it does not show up in the rss feed.

I can add the store to the title very easily. In fact I'll do that now...

Good call. I can't believe we missed that the first time! :)

Other than that, v3 rocks! The new search feature is really nifty... give it a shot. :D

Yes the main page crashes on me too in Firefox I'm sorry to say. I had to change to another default homepage. I don't have any problems in IE though. Everything is very very slow to load if it doesn't crash firefox.

Hi,

I"m using Firefox 1.04 and don't have a problem with it crashing. . . do other sites crash or is it just gottadeal?

I have found in the past that Firefox will eventually corrupt my main profile and then I am unable to go to many of my favorite sites. I generally recreate a new profile and then import my bookmarks into the new profile when that happens.

let me know if you haven't created a new profile in Firefox, I'll be glad to give you directions.

:(

Good luck,

C

(I get very grumpy when my favorite sites don't load in FF :( )

Note that for those of you who like using the forum only to read about the deals, the threads that are automatically created in the Daily Deals Forum now include both coupon and rebate links (along with expiration dates), so you don't have to search the main site to get a coupon link or to find the rebate information.

Example: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=10736

Hi,

I"m using Firefox 1.04 and don't have a problem with it crashing. . . do other sites crash or is it just gottadeal?

I have found in the past that Firefox will eventually corrupt my main profile and then I am unable to go to many of my favorite sites. I generally recreate a new profile and then import my bookmarks into the new profile when that happens.

Well it loads fine on my Dell 3ghz machine on firefox. So Maybe I need to do a reinstall of firefox on my other computer. A couple of weeks ago Firefox crashed and I lost all my bookmarks that I had organized :( So maybe its just that computer. I like the new site though :)

Well it loads fine on my Dell 3ghz machine on firefox. So Maybe I need to do a reinstall of firefox on my other computer. A couple of weeks ago Firefox crashed and I lost all my bookmarks that I had organized :( So maybe its just that computer. I like the new site though :)

Firefox saves the profile by default to a different directory, so sometimes a reinstall won't fix things. If it still has a problem after you try the reinstall you can run firefox from a command prompt with the -profilemanager and it will come to a screen where it will let you create a new profile. That may solve your problems on that machine.

Firfox Profile FAQ

:)

C