Need to Vent (Lane Bryant)

I just need to vent so bear with me.

I posted a $120 off $120 coupon a few weeks ago after I used it, but it wouldn't go through for anyone after I posted it. So I'm glad that NO ONE from GD used it! It's been a total drama ever since!

I paid an extra $10 for 3 day shipping, so after the coupon, my total was $18. I was excited, LB shipped the items, and I tracked it for the 3 days. On the third day, I notice that UPS had a "return to sender pending" posted on it. At this point, the package is now 'out for delivery' from my local hub. So I email LB customer service since I can't call them (work was too busy and I was doing 11-hour days last week). CS says I should get the package 2-3 days from the 18th. I chalk it up to an error and wait excitedly for my package. The next day "return to sender processed" is posted on the tracking site. I call UPS, who tells me that Charming Shoppes (LB's parent company) had requested it be returned to them. Again, I email LB, who says I need to call customer service. So I call them and am told I used an invalid coupon and that they are taking back the items (after the CS rep swore when she picked up the phone!). I will be refunded the total ($18.80) after they check the package to make sure everything is still there, which will take time because they have "thousands of packages to check". She said I should have received an email telling me what had happened and why the package was coming back. Right. I got no such email. This morning, I get an email from LB saying I will only get back $7 because they won't refund the shipping. WTF?!?! The CS rep said I would get back all $18 since they requested the return. I just sent off an email to their CS asking for a refund for the entire amount since they intercepted my package before it was even delivered.

I also filed a complaint with the BBB, primarily due to the shoddy customer service. I understand about the coupon, but the lack of communication from LB to me was just horrible. I'm also filing a dispute with my CC and will most likely never order online from LB in the future. The CS is just too horrible and rude.

No way they can do that.. I understand that they screwed up and they have a right to cancel the order...That's about it!!! They charged you $18 on CC! They can either deliver goods or cancel order all together and refund! What they cannot do is charge your CC as they please!

Well - I got that email yesterday saying they would refund me $7 of that $18 charge because they wouldn't reimburse the shipping. I emailed them (can't call while at work) and told them I expected them to refund the shipping as well, since they are the ones that recalled my package. A few hours later, I get an email back saying they will also refund the shipping, but that it will post separately to my credit card.

I am bitterly disappointed with the way LB handled this. I've had great service in the past (though I did once get a pair of jeans shipped to me instead of a tank top I had ordered) but this was just horrible. I hope all y'all don't have to go through this.