Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - APRIL 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#1 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:03 pm

ALL discussion about CVS deals, coupons, and promotions for the month will take place in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, as they will promptly be CLOSED and you will be directed to post in the new thread.

Welcome to the joys of CVS Shopping! Here are some quick details to help you out:

What is the CVS Extra Care Program?
The CVS Extra Care program is CVS’s shopping card. You can sign up for a card in store or online at https://www.cvs.com/...MSG=XTRACAREMSG
With this card, you will have access to their weekly and monthly sale prices. If you do not present your card, you will not be given these sale prices or qualify for the Extra Care Bucks rewards.

The greatest benefit of this program is the Extra Care Bucks portion.

What is an Extra Care Bucks?
Every month, along with every week, CVS runs sales on particular items where if you buy that item, you will receive a coupon at the end of your receipt with Extra Care Bucks (aka ECBs) that you can use on your next purchase.

For example, let’s say Garnier Fructis shampoo is on sale for 2.99 with $2.00 in ECBs. This means you will have to pay the 2.99 upfront for the shampoo, but at the end of your receipt, you will receive a $2.00 ECB that you can use on a future purchase at CVS. It’s like you only paid $0.99 for a bottle of shampoo!

At the end of each quarter, CVS will also add up all your spending, and give you a rebate in ECBs based on your spending, which is 2% of the total amount. That’s EXTRA money just for buying items at CVS!

Can I use manufacturer’s coupons?
Certainly! Using the example above with the Garnier Fructis shampoo – there are regularly coupons for 1.00 off your purchase of one (1) bottle of their shampoo. The item will ring up at 2.99, then you can use your coupon for 1.00 off, so you wind up paying 1.99 for the item. You STILL get the $2.00 ECB reward – so it’s like getting it for free!

Wow! Can I do this over and over?
Unfortunately, there are limits to all the sales. Check the weekly ad and the monthly sales books for the limits. When we post the sales here, we will also list the limits.

Can I have more than one CVS card?
The answer in general is no. However, if you have access to another address/name/phone number, you may be able to get a second card.

What about prescriptions?
Whenever you fill a prescription, make sure the pharmacy scans your card! Each prescription is 0.50 in ECBs that will be paid out at the end of the quarter.

Can I use the ECBs I earn to pay for prescriptions?
Unfortunately, no. They can only be used on store purchases.

CVS and Coupons
CVS also has a great coupon program. When you sign up for your card, make sure to check that you want CVS to email you coupons and offers. This will put you on their mailing list for future coupons!

Most of the CVS coupons are for a certain amount of dollars off a minimum dollar purchase. For example, to start, CVS will email you a coupon to save $4.00 on a $20.00 purchase.

When entering your store, look for the CVS card scanning/price checking machine. Scan your card upon entry every time for additional coupons and incentives! Sometimes it's 3.00/10.00 of CVS products, or something FREE!

Stacking coupons
Please note, your store may have a different policy regarding the stacking of coupons. IN ADDITION CVS has not been issuing as many e-mail coupons as in the past. Most stacking has been done via CRT coupons, which are the coupons that are generated at the end of your CVS receipt, or from the card scanning machine (if your store has one.)

Always make sure you give the cashier your CVS card to scan before you get to the total and start handing over coupons to make sure you get any sale prices.

CVS will sometimes have coupons for $3 off a $15.00 purchase, or $2 off a $10.00. The theory regarding CVS purchases are:
Your PRETAX amount is 30.00. You have a coupon for $4 off $20.00, $3 off $15.00, or $2 off $10.00. Hand to the cashier the coupons in this order:
1. The $4 off $20.00 coupon
2. The $3 off $15.00
3. The $2 off 10.00
As long as your total is more than the amount on the coupon, you can keep using coupons.

NEXT, give them your manufacturer coupons.

FINALLY, give them your ECBs.

Hopefully by this point, your out of pocket (OOP) amount is a small number. It may not be at the start, but with constant shopping and deal searching, you’ll build up a good amount of ECBs to use on future purchases.

We have come across some stores that will not allow you to stack their money off coupons unless your total equals the amounts of the coupons. For example, if you want to use a $4 off $20 coupon along with a $3 off $15 coupon, some cashiers may say that your total must be $35.00 before you can use the coupon. This rule varies from store to store and from cashier to cashier. We cannot say that CVS will always stack, because the policies are always changing.

What do they do about B1G1 (buy one, get one free) coupons? I have 2 coupons for the B1G1 covergirl lip product. If I got 2 lip products and used the two coupons would I get both for free or do the B1G1 coupons ring stuff up for 1/2 price?

CVS rings up the first item at full price and the second item rings up free. So if you have a BOGO free coupon, you would get both items free.

PLEASE NOTE: YMMV (your mileage may vary.) Some stores may not process it, some cashiers may be confused, but in general, the above should happen.

How to use your ECBs
Please note that you cannot use your ECBs:
- on pharmacy co-pays
- on the purchase of gift cards
Also, ECBs are tied to YOUR card. You will not be able to use the ECBs that are earned by other people. You must also present your card in order to use your ECBs.

Please note that your ECBs do have an expiration date and to be mindful of it. If they do expire, you may be able to have customer service reactivate them. Please contact CVS customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS.

ECBs can only be used on the PRETAX amount of your purchase. If your pre-tax purchase is 3.99 and you only have a $4.00 ECB, you will not be able to use that ECB – you must use smaller denominations.

I bought something that comes with ECBs but it didn’t print out. What gives?!
Check to see if you had previously hit the limit on the offer. It will print on your receipt. Also make sure you bought the correct item or version of the product. If you had not hit the limit, please contact customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS and they will add it to your card to print the next time you are in store.

THE GROUND RULES:
1. Post your experiences shopping at CVS, the deal combos you have found, and the unmarked clearance/ECB deals you have found at your store. Also post your general location if you are comfortable.
2. Do not post links to non CVS authorized coupons. They will be edited out. Authentic CVS coupons come from cvs.com or are located at akamaitech.com.
3. Keep non CVS chatter to a minimum. This is first and foremost a deals discussion. Anything going too far off topic will be deleted.

If you have links to printable coupons for items on sale this week at CVS, also post those for others to share.

Play nice!

GO BRUINS!

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:04 pm

Monthly Deals - APRIL

Free after ECB:
Get 9.99 ECB when you buy Accu-Chek Aviva Diabetes Monitoring Kit LIMIT 1

New this month: Clipless coupons!

Weekly Deals:
Check your Local CVS for your weekly deals, as the deals are regional:
http://cvs.shoplocal...tezip= ZIP Code

GO BRUINS!

#3 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 31, 2009 - 7:10 pm

Happy April! New quarter, check your rewards!

GO BRUINS!

#4 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 31, 2009 - 7:17 pm

I got a phone call today about my rewards....does anyone else get that?
If it's on sale...I will buy it!:yup:

#5 PinkPrincess515  OFFLINE  

PinkPrincess515

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 31, 2009 - 7:32 pm

Anyone Know The Monthly Deals For April Yet? :)
:gdkisses: "Woman Are Meant To Be Loved, Not To Be Understood." ~ Oscar Wilde :wub:
:hearthrob :gdinlove: I LOVE MY NIECES TO PIECES! :gdinlove: :hearthrob

#6 atn1275  OFFLINE  

atn1275

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 1, 2009 - 3:59 am

I'm new at this, if I check my rewards, what next? Do I get freebies?

#7 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Apr 1, 2009 - 7:11 am

I'm new at this, if I check my rewards, what next? Do I get freebies?

It all depends if you shopped at CVS this past quarter (Jan-Mar.) If you did, or filled any prescriptionis and presented your CVS card, you will receive an ECB award that is a percentage of your spending this past quarter at CVS. It's free money!

Also, if your store has a coupon scanner, always scan your card there to check for new coupons. Some are for free items, some are money off your purchase, and some are off specific items. Always good to have.

GO BRUINS!

#8 babyteddy  OFFLINE  

babyteddy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 1, 2009 - 8:04 am

How much did everyone receive in ECB for their Winter 2009 spending? I got back $2 which is amazing since I generally get back like 0.45, haha. I'm definitely getting into CVS shopping!

#9 rondadeal  OFFLINE  

rondadeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 1, 2009 - 7:32 pm

How much did everyone receive in ECB for their Winter 2009 spending? I got back $2 which is amazing since I generally get back like 0.45, haha. I'm definitely getting into CVS shopping!

.50 here...but spent it well, printed out 2 coupons for the scrubbers and spent my .50 on them, they were 5.99 each before coupons and sale!

#10 jdflores  OFFLINE  

jdflores

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 1, 2009 - 7:40 pm

I got a phone call today about my rewards....does anyone else get that?

I did. I got $5. That more than the usual!

#11 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 2, 2009 - 4:15 am

I got $6 back, I think it's because I got some prescriptions filled.

#12 2domjon  OFFLINE  

2domjon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Apr 2, 2009 - 4:15 am

I got $1 and I haven't been there in 2 months

#13 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Apr 2, 2009 - 8:31 am

$10.50 and it will come in handy when Easter goes on clearance!!:yup:

#14 mabennett  OFFLINE  

mabennett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Apr 2, 2009 - 9:59 am

dumb question here but how do you "receive" your EBC's??? i went to CVS the other day and noticed a total at the bottom but nothing like a coupon or anything printed out. How do you get it? TIA:confused:

#15 shay_n_sc  OFFLINE  

shay_n_sc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 2, 2009 - 10:50 am

dumb question here but how do you "receive" your EBC's??? i went to CVS the other day and noticed a total at the bottom but nothing like a coupon or anything printed out. How do you get it? TIA:confused:

They print on the bottom of your receipt when you buy items that generate ecbs. For instance this week they have the Glade sense and spray that has $1 ecb. Once you buy that item, the ecb will print on the bottom of your receipt.

The quarterly earnings started printing yesterday. For this quarter, I only got $1.50 ecb.

#16 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Apr 2, 2009 - 11:56 am

The last two quarters, my quarterly rewards didn't print out on my receipt. I had to go to my online account and print them. Right now on the CVS website, you can click on the "extra bucks available now! Get you rewards" (located on the right side of screen, about halfway down the page); log in and print the coupon from home. This has worked out pretty good for me, as it saves me spending to get my coupon.:yup:

#17 2domjon  OFFLINE  

2domjon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Apr 5, 2009 - 3:56 am

J & J on sale for $3 spend $25 get $10 ECB so I plan on buying 9x3=27 use $5/$25 and 9x$1 off manQ -$10 EBC so total should be $3 I am all over that

#18 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 5, 2009 - 4:30 am

I have only gotten one 5 off 25 coupon....is there a secret to get more?

#19 klastar  OFFLINE  

klastar

Go Ravens Go!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Apr 5, 2009 - 4:52 am

Some how I scored big on coupons this week..Got $19.50 in EB'S then got $5.00/$25.00 , $10.00/$25.00 perfume and a $4.00/$20.00...They all expire today but hey I will use them.

#20 2domjon  OFFLINE  

2domjon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Apr 5, 2009 - 7:48 am

I have only gotten one 5 off 25 coupon....is there a secret to get more?

if you figure out the secret Please let me in on it this is the first time I've ever got 1!

#21 alexusrydr  OFFLINE  

alexusrydr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 5, 2009 - 10:39 am

I haven't gotten a x off of xx in a long time. Went today and got $15 off $75. Not sure when I'm going to spend $75. Hope next weeks ad is good!

#22 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Apr 5, 2009 - 11:05 am

Found storage containers today. Sterilite 6qt (shoebox size w/lids) set of 5 for 2.25 (orig. 8.99), making them .45 each. Also, all the winter sweatshirts and sweatpants were 75% off. Group of furniture (end tables, tv consoles, office chairs) were also 75% off. Quilted purses, travel bags were 75% off too. All the easter grass (Sunday/Monday special) at .79 w/.79 ECBs were sold out. Clerk told me that they begin honoring sale prices on Saturday night!! WTH? Where have I been?? She said it's always been like that! The hunt will now begin a day early!!:yup:

#23 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Apr 6, 2009 - 6:24 am

I got back $5.50 in ECB and it also gave me a coupon for $10.00 off of $50.00, $15.00 of fof $75.00 and $20.00 off of $100.00. I used the $10.00 off of $50.00 yesterday. Bought the easter baskets, easter grass, shaving gel, toothpaste, 6 bags of easter candy, and the huggies deal. After she took off the $10.00 and my coupons my total was $24.00. I used my $5.50 ECB and another $2.00 ECB that I had and then my total was about $16.50. Paid for that with cash and got back $20.00 in ECB.

#24 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Apr 6, 2009 - 7:07 am

Found storage containers today. Sterilite 6qt (shoebox size w/lids) set of 5 for 2.25 (orig. 8.99), making them .45 each. Also, all the winter sweatshirts and sweatpants were 75% off. Group of furniture (end tables, tv consoles, office chairs) were also 75% off. Quilted purses, travel bags were 75% off too.

All the easter grass (Sunday/Monday special) at .79 w/.79 ECBs were sold out. Clerk told me that they begin honoring sale prices on Saturday night!! WTH? Where have I been?? She said it's always been like that! The hunt will now begin a day early!!:yup:

It varies from store to store for sure. I know the one I used to live near, they started SATURDAY AFTERNOON!

GO BRUINS!

#25 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 6, 2009 - 7:21 am

I got back $3 ecb's from my winter spending. My store starts their sales usually on saturday afternoon. I pretty much always go on sunday mornings though. Never have a problem finding anything. My store had the easter grass behind the counter. I got 2 and my ecb's didn't print. So they had to force it and I got $2 ecb's! I also got a $15 off $75 yesterday. I used it too. I did the baby care deal and the covergirl deal and a few other things. The shick intuition plus razors are $9.99 and are b1g1. There are $4 q's from 3/22 SS. Use 2 q's and get 2 razors for $1.99! Pringles are on sale for $.88. New q's came out this weekend for $1 off 2. That makes it $.76 for 2 cans!

#26 thewilfords  OFFLINE  

thewilfords

Super Mommy and Super Saver!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Apr 6, 2009 - 6:19 pm

I chose to do the baby deal but did the 100 ct playtex drop ins, which we use. They are usually 8.99 at cvs (even 8 at wally world), I got 5 of them for the 25, used the 5 off 25 (did this Sunday), and got back 10 ecbs. Can't beat 5 of these big boxes for $10! I KNOW I had coupons somewhere but i could not find them! I'm thinking I may go back with my hubby's card and pick up another 5. Even without the extra $5 coupon, it's still getting 5 boxes for 15 which is like getting 3 for free which is great in my book!!!
Shopping and Saving for my 4 Spoiled Children- EJ, Richie, Michayl and Nate!!!

#27 msdunning1986  OFFLINE  

msdunning1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 7, 2009 - 7:32 am

My store had a HUGE bin of the easter grass. When I checked out it didnt print my ecbs, so she gave me the cash instead. Nice : )

This world wears like a borrowed shirt, Heaven will fit like one tailor-made.

#28 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 7, 2009 - 7:20 pm

The skintimate shave cream that is free this week has an increased limit. I bought it on sunday and my receipt says limit reached. Went today and it says quantity toward this reward 1, quantity needed to earn this reward 1. Limit is now 2.

#29 kren  OFFLINE  

kren

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Apr 8, 2009 - 8:08 pm

Yup, I bought a second Skintimate today and got the ECB. Other good deals: Bought four of the Pringles that are on sale for 88 cents, used $1-off coupons. I used a $4 and a $1 Covergirl Qs to buy the $20 in Covergirl makeup and get a $10 ECB. Then I rolled that plus the $3.49 Skintimate into the $25 of J&J products, with another $4 in manufacturer coupons, and now have another $10 ECB. Trying to decide whether the Olay buy $25-get $10 ECB is worth it...

#30 rondadeal  OFFLINE  

rondadeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 8, 2009 - 8:37 pm

$1.00 stuff 90% today, tables ect 75%, got $20 off $100 from scanning card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users