T.G.I. Friday's BOGO Entree coupon

cthornt1

we went today for lunch and they were not real busy. we had to wait to be seated and half the place was empty. the food and service was okay but nothing that special. when we paid the manager came over to our table asnd thanked us for coming and gave us back the coupon and told us we could reuse it up until the expiration date. i am thinking they are hurting if they give you back the coupon to use again or just by offernig it on their website in the first place.

we went today for lunch and they were not real busy. we had to wait to be seated and half the place was empty. the food and service was okay but nothing that special. when we paid the manager came over to our table asnd thanked us for coming and gave us back the coupon and told us we could reuse it up until the expiration date. i am thinking they are hurting if they give you back the coupon to use again or just by offernig it on their website in the first place.

This deal was the only reason hubby and I went to TGIFridays last Friday night (1st time for us) so maybe they are trying to widen their customer base... (I know they build a new one on the main road close to us a couple years back so prob. they are not doing too bad.)

The one we went to was packed and we even had to wait 10 min. to get in (which I thought was a very short wait for a Friday night 7 p.m. but the restaurant was HUGE so that's prob. why)

The food was ok. I ordered salmon and it was horrible (dry like a shoe) but hubby's chicken with cheesy mashed potatoes was awesome. We got appetizers too so we just ended up sharing the chicken (fish ended up being free - with a coupon.) It's not a fancy restaurant by any means (like an upgrade to Friendly's) but with economy the way that it is I think they have a good chance of staying in business over the fancier ones.

We also had some guy come back to our table to hand us over the coupon. I did think it was strange (esp. since it wasn't our waiter) but it was refreshing to see a business honor their coupons and not look at you like you stole something from them just because you're using a coupon..imho

• 2 weeks later...

We went today and we used 4 of the coupons . The food wasn't that good. I ordered my steak well done and it came out medium rare. But it was okay. I got 2 steak and shrimp dinners for $20

Hey love2beurwifey, this is totally not meant with any disrespect, but quite frankly, I've never had a well done steak ANYWHERE that didn't taste like crap... To me its kinda like asking for a cup of coffee, but specifying that you want just the burnt sludge that's been sitting in the pot for 2 hours. I dunno. Not saying that Ruby Tuesday's is anything special, as they've been very hit and miss for me over the years, but judging ANY restaurant by how well their well done steaks taste is kinda rough in my book.

How were the shrimp?

Hey love2beurwifey, this is totally not meant with any disrespect, but quite frankly, I've never had a well done steak ANYWHERE that didn't taste like crap... To me its kinda like asking for a cup of coffee, but specifying that you want just the burnt sludge that's been sitting in the pot for 2 hours. I dunno. Not saying that Ruby Tuesday's is anything special, as they've been very hit and miss for me over the years, but judging ANY restaurant by how well their well done steaks taste is kinda rough in my book.

How were the shrimp?

I have to say I NEVER go for steak unless I'm at a good steak restaurant (like a steakhouse at least) or at a fancy restaurant. Same thing goes for fish (though for some reason I decided to forgo my rule this time and paid for it of course...)

Any kind of sandwich, burger or chicken platter is a safer bet I think...