Farouk CHI 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Iron Amazon $66!!

Kayshar13

i brought it for the $49 from the 3rd party seller...yes i knew better...but did it anyway. really fast shipping got it today. of course it does not work right. there appears to be a short in the cord as the led light goes on and off with movement. so the iron stops heating up. i emailed the seller and am waiting for a response. hopefully it is resolved with no problems.

Interestingly (and frustratingly) enough, I purchased from the 3rd party seller, as well, and mine appears to have a short, too. The LED will only go on when I'm pressing the reset button and even then it doesn't remain lit. I emailed them this morning and they have promised me a refund (I told them that the appropriate feedback will be left upon receipt of said refund.)

That said, I just purchased one from Amazon with my Prime membership...why I didn't just consider the extra $16 a convenience charge, I'll never know. :rolleyes:

Interestingly (and frustratingly) enough, I purchased from the 3rd party seller, as well, and mine appears to have a short, too. The LED will only go on when I'm pressing the reset button and even then it doesn't remain lit. I emailed them this morning and they have promised me a refund (I told them that the appropriate feedback will be left upon receipt of said refund.)

That said, I just purchased one from Amazon with my Prime membership...why I didn't just consider the extra $16 a convenience charge, I'll never know. :rolleyes:

sorry you had the same issue. i still have not heard from my seller. It says they will respond within 12-48 hrs. If I have not heard from them by tomorrow night, I will file with amazon. I am hopping for a easy replacement ir refund without filing but I will if I have too.

I got mine today from Amazon - i plugged it right in and used it - worked great - i'm so impressed with the difference between this one and the Conair one that i have that said "all ceramic plates" i wonder what the real difference is between the two that makes the Chi so much better (it is definitely 100% better than the Conair)

I still love mine! I have read that quite a few people have the problem with the short in the cord. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have that issue or that if I do, it's before the warranty runs out!

But if you bought through Amazon, you don't have a warranty... I'd really like a CHI, but I'm going to wait until I find a deal on one through an authorized reseller so that it has a warranty.