Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - FEBRUARY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#31 shay_n_sc  OFFLINE  

shay_n_sc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 9, 2009 - 8:39 am

Any CVS workers, can y'all tell me whether or when *all* the CVS stores will ever get those great little in-store scanners for the EC cards? I hear all these great stories about the coupons that print out of them, and we have a bazillion CVSes here in NE PA -- some of them brand-new -- but I have yet to see a single one of those scanners...

We have a new store (less than a yr old) and they have a scanner. And last week I was in an old store (been there forever) and now they have one! So there's hope.....

#32 naillady4jm  OFFLINE  

naillady4jm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 10, 2009 - 4:44 am

Found out when I was leaving the store they got a scanner now. I didn`t scan , but will next time I`m in there.

#33 fairyprincess83  OFFLINE  

fairyprincess83

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 10, 2009 - 7:10 am

Any CVS workers, can y'all tell me whether or when *all* the CVS stores will ever get those great little in-store scanners for the EC cards? I hear all these great stories about the coupons that print out of them, and we have a bazillion CVSes here in NE PA -- some of them brand-new -- but I have yet to see a single one of those scanners...

Where in NEPA are you?
:holiday15 :holiday14 :hert: :holiday07 *It's Christmas time in the city* :holiday01

#34 kren  OFFLINE  

kren

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 10, 2009 - 4:40 pm

Stroudsburg/Poconos. The original back of beyond.

#35 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 11, 2009 - 7:56 pm

I bought the 1.00 boxes of keebler/nabisco wheat thins and ritz crackers that are on sale today. I used the 2.00 off two boxes coupon............so I got all 12 boxes for free. Yeah!! The boxes are small, but perfect for lunches or snacks.

#36 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 12, 2009 - 6:11 am

I bought the 1.00 boxes of keebler/nabisco wheat thins and ritz crackers that are on sale today. I used the 2.00 off two boxes coupon............so I got all 12 boxes for free. Yeah!! The boxes are small, but perfect for lunches or snacks.

Did you get the coupons out of the newspaper?
If it's on sale...I will buy it!:yup:

#37 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 12, 2009 - 6:39 am

Did you get the coupons out of the newspaper?

Yes...in this last sunday's paper.

#38 bovichtj  OFFLINE  

bovichtj

BoilerMommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 14, 2009 - 1:42 pm

Dropped off a prescription yesterday, scanned my card on the way out and it printed out a coupon for $25 gift card for new or transferred prescription! Never had one of these print before, but felt like I hit a small jackpot! When I picked up the meds, I didn't mind the copay so much!!:) So make sure you remember to scan your card!

Thanks for the tip! I scanned my card on the way in to drop off a prescription yesterday (DD has strep) and a $25 GC coupon printed!

Then, I got sick with strep overnight... went to get my prescription filled, and they let me use an expired CVS GC coupon! Said they would not use expired coupons from other stores, btu CVS ones were OK. Now I have $50 in CVS GC :)

BTW, there is a $10 prescription GC coupon in tomorrow's Target ad if anyone is looking...
Joanne
:gdevillaugh::g_laughin:g_laughin:g_laughin

#39 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 15, 2009 - 9:59 am

8 pk Scott paper towel 4.99 -$1MQ 9 roll Charmin toilet paper 4.99 -.25MQ Colgate total 4oz 2.99 -$1MQ (x2) +5.98 ECBs Herbal Essences shampoo/conditioner 2.99 (x4) -$3 off 2MQ (x2) +4 ECBs Gillette fusion gamer 7.99 - $4MQ + 4 ECBs -$3 ECBs Also used $5 off 30 email coupon and when I scanned my card, got another $5 off 30 purchase. Wasn't sure, but used both on my purchase and the clerk didn't even blink. Processed both coupons so my OOP was $10.13 w/tax and I received 13.98 ECBs.:yup: Didn't know you could use two dollar off purchase coupons at the same time, or is this up to the clerk's discretion?

#40 babyteddy  OFFLINE  

babyteddy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 15, 2009 - 4:55 pm

Kleenex - Buy 1, Get 2nd for $0.01 (Limit 6) $1.49 + .01 = $1.50 $1.50 x 3 = $4.50 $4.50 - (2)$0.50 MFC = $3.50/6 boxes = $0.58/box Herbal Essence - $2.99/bottle w/ $1 ECB $2.99 x 2 = $5.98 x 2 = $11.96 $11.96 - (2)$3 MFC = $5.96 $5.96/4 bottles = $1.49/bottle + $4 ECB Scott Paper Towel - $4.99/8 pack $4.99 - $1 MFC = $3.99/8 Pack = $0.50/roll Charmin Toilet Paper - $4.99/9 pack $4.99 x 2 = $9.98 $9.98 - $1 coupon = $8.98/18 rolls = $0.50/roll 10 Count Viral CVS Brand Tylenol $1.99 - FREE CVS coupon = $0 $1 Off Total Purchase ECB from previous trip Total + Tax Before Coupons/Deals = $58.23 Total OOP = $24 Savings: $34.23 + $4 ECB for next time! :)

#41 klastar  OFFLINE  

klastar

Go Ravens Go!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 16, 2009 - 3:53 am

Here is a little money maker: The Neutrogena deal buy 2 Neutrogena Facial Moisturizer or Sun Care products get $10.00 EB'S The Neutrogena face bar soap is working for this and they are only $2.99 a piece. The Acne bar will not work but the other 2 will. I did this yesterday, it is like making $4.00 and if you have coupons even more...Just a heads up. Limit is 1 on this deal.

#42 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 16, 2009 - 9:39 am

The lysol neutra air things are $5.99 this week. There is a $5 coupon out there making them $.99! That is a great deal. I got 2 yesterday. The regular price is $13.99! Colgate total is free after ecb's this week. There is $1 mfq out there. You aren't supposed to be able to use 2 $off cvs coupons in one transaction, if it worked for you then cool!

#43 klastar  OFFLINE  

klastar

Go Ravens Go!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 16, 2009 - 9:53 am

The lysol neutra air things are $5.99 this week. There is a $5 coupon out there making them $.99! That is a great deal. I got 2 yesterday. The regular price is $13.99!

Colgate total is free after ecb's this week. There is $1 mfq out there.

You aren't supposed to be able to use 2 $off cvs coupons in one transaction, if it worked for you then cool!

I have always used more than 1 if my total amount equal that amount.

If I had (2) $3.00 off $15.00 my total purchase would have to be at least $30.00 to be able to use both of them..I have used 3 at one time when I had a very big purchase. I have never had a problem with this..,maybe it is a store to store thing.

#44 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 16, 2009 - 11:22 am

Here is a little money maker:

The Neutrogena deal buy 2 Neutrogena Facial Moisturizer or Sun Care products get $10.00 EB'S

The Neutrogena face bar soap is working for this and they are only $2.99 a piece. The Acne bar will not work but the other 2 will. I did this yesterday, it is like making $4.00 and if you have coupons even more...Just a heads up. Limit is 1 on this deal.

Thanks! Got two bars and had two CVS coupons (one for $1 off and another for $2 off Neutrogena products) and got $10 ECBs. $7.02 MM! Also scanned my card and got $2 off Stayfree pads, so $3.99 pads - $2CVS coupon = $1.99 then got $2 ECBs (oh, if only I'd had a manf coupon). Not a bad 5 minute trip. It's either feast or famine with me and CVS . . . this week has been a feast!:D

Also, Valentine stuff has gone 50%. Anyone want to weigh in on when they think it might go 75%?

#45 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 17, 2009 - 5:39 pm

Some of the perfume gift sets are 50% off. Picked up the Giorgio Red 3 pc set (1.6 oz body moisturier/1.0 oz spray/1.6 oz shower gel) for 9.99/originally 19.99; Princess by Vera Wang 1.0 oz perfume and 1.65 oz body lotion for 2.49/originally (?) 4.99; Precious (imitation of Princess by Vera Wang) 1.7 oz perfume for 2.49/originally 4.99. Also saw JLo sets, White Diamonds sets, and Curve for men. All were 50% off.

#46 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 17, 2009 - 5:59 pm

Just an FYI in case anyone didn't know... I had an ECB that expired (don;t know how it got past me). It was for $7.99. I was goign to throw it away but when I went to CVS today I asked if they would take expired ECB and the cashier said yes. It expired on 2/10 and they took it today. Not sure if everyone already knew that they would take expired ECB, but I didn't know before today so I thought I would mention it.

#47 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 17, 2009 - 8:13 pm

Just an FYI in case anyone didn't know...
I had an ECB that expired (don;t know how it got past me). It was for $7.99. I was goign to throw it away but when I went to CVS today I asked if they would take expired ECB and the cashier said yes. It expired on 2/10 and they took it today.
Not sure if everyone already knew that they would take expired ECB, but I didn't know before today so I thought I would mention it.

This is definitely ymmv. Not all stores do this. You are lucky to have one that does because the stores I go to don't.

#48 mostangs  OFFLINE  

mostangs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 4:41 am

I've read that you can call the CVS customer ECB number and have expired ECB's re-generated. I haven't done it, but it's worth a try if you accidentally miss one.
:1cook: Barb

#49 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 7:21 am

Here is a $2 MM on Suave body Wash....

3 x $2 = $6 - $3 MFR Q HERE - $3/2 Body Wash CVS Q = FREE + Get $2 ECB

OR Good Deal if you don't have the CVS Q (this printed on my receipt)....$1 for 3 body washes after coupons and ECB.

#50 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 7:27 am

Here is a $2 MM on Suave body Wash....

3 x $2 = $6 - $3 MFR Q HERE - $3/2 Body Wash CVS Q = FREE + Get $2 ECB

OR Good Deal if you don't have the CVS Q (this printed on my receipt)....$1 for 3 body washes after coupons and ECB.

Good deal! I hope I get the $3 off 2 body wash cvs q. I am going in today. Hopefully valentine will be 75% off. If not, hopefully tomorrow.

#51 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 9:29 am

Just an FYI in case anyone didn't know...
I had an ECB that expired (don;t know how it got past me). It was for $7.99. I was goign to throw it away but when I went to CVS today I asked if they would take expired ECB and the cashier said yes. It expired on 2/10 and they took it today.
Not sure if everyone already knew that they would take expired ECB, but I didn't know before today so I thought I would mention it.

I just found one for $6.99 this morning that expired on the 15th. My store has taken them in the past so I hope they take it still. I thought I was being so good about them too:rolleyes:

#52 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 10:06 am

I just found one for $6.99 this morning that expired on the 15th. My store has taken them in the past so I hope they take it still. I thought I was being so good about them too:rolleyes:

it is definately a YMMV thing. I have had only 1 store taken expired ECBs and I think the guy took it cause he thought I was cute ... :)

#53 rondadeal  OFFLINE  

rondadeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 8:58 pm

I've read that you can call the CVS customer ECB number and have expired ECB's re-generated. I haven't done it, but it's worth a try if you accidentally miss one.

I overheard a salesclerk telling another customer to do this. I thought they had stopped doing it, but maybe they are starting it again..
Our stores are still taking about 1 month out expireds of all coupons but no way-expired anymore and that includes the ecb.

#54 ashemgra  OFFLINE  

ashemgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 18, 2009 - 9:02 pm

I so miss CVS! I used to go to mine daily! I moved and there are NONE around here! I hear rite-aid isn't doing too well so maybe if they go out of business CVS will come in...isn't that horrible of me!! wahhhh I wanna a CVS!!!
Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

#55 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 19, 2009 - 6:07 am

my CVS rant. Went in to do the Suave body wash deal. Ad shows them $2 each - buy $6 worth get $2 ECB. No ECB come out, so I look at the receipt. They rang up 1.99 each - not the $2 like in the ad. So now I have to either call and complain or spend 3 cents to get the ECB .. ugh ..

#56 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 19, 2009 - 10:58 am

:no: the asst. mgr wouldn't let me used my expired ecb's today. good thing it was only $6 and not one of my $20 ones. After he ripped it up, he told me to try calling to get them reset. He really had no clue. I think he's fairly new. I should have just gone with my gut and gone back when one of the other cashiers who have been there forever was working.

#57 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 19, 2009 - 11:29 am

I keep trying to print those suave coupons, and everytime it wants me to download the coupon printer, so I do and then it does nothing. Any ideas?

#58 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 19, 2009 - 1:16 pm

Yeah that suave price change sucks! Uusally if you show the manager the ad and the shelf tags also say $2, they will adjust it for you and print the ecb's manually or ring up another suave and then return it so you get the ecb's. Thats what my store has done in the past. As far as the coupon installation thing, I deleted cookies and temp files and stuff like that and it let me print them. It was giving me that install coupon printer crap. I don't know how many times I've installed that thing. :rolleyes:

#59 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 19, 2009 - 1:45 pm

Thanks, I went in hopes for the neutrogena, but no luck. But I did manage to spend $16 and get $14 back in ECB's, so it still was a good day.

#60 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 19, 2009 - 1:58 pm

Thanks, I went in hopes for the neutrogena, but no luck. But I did manage to spend $16 and get $14 back in ECB's, so it still was a good day.

Ask them for a raincheck on the neutrogena. They didn't want to give it to me but she rang up 2 bars using the shelf label (since they didn't have any left) and then saw it printed out the $10 ECB so they wrote the raincheck for the bars. HTH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users