Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - FEBRUARY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#1 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:03 pm

ALL discussion about CVS deals, coupons, and promotions for the month will take place in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, as they will promptly be CLOSED and you will be directed to post in the new thread.

Welcome to the joys of CVS Shopping! Here are some quick details to help you out:

What is the CVS Extra Care Program?
The CVS Extra Care program is CVS’s shopping card. You can sign up for a card in store or online at https://www.cvs.com/...MSG=XTRACAREMSG
With this card, you will have access to their weekly and monthly sale prices. If you do not present your card, you will not be given these sale prices or qualify for the Extra Care Bucks rewards.

The greatest benefit of this program is the Extra Care Bucks portion.

What is an Extra Care Bucks?
Every month, along with every week, CVS runs sales on particular items where if you buy that item, you will receive a coupon at the end of your receipt with Extra Care Bucks (aka ECBs) that you can use on your next purchase.

For example, let’s say Garnier Fructis shampoo is on sale for 2.99 with $2.00 in ECBs. This means you will have to pay the 2.99 upfront for the shampoo, but at the end of your receipt, you will receive a $2.00 ECB that you can use on a future purchase at CVS. It’s like you only paid $0.99 for a bottle of shampoo!

At the end of each quarter, CVS will also add up all your spending, and give you a rebate in ECBs based on your spending, which is 2% of the total amount. That’s EXTRA money just for buying items at CVS!

Can I use manufacturer’s coupons?
Certainly! Using the example above with the Garnier Fructis shampoo – there are regularly coupons for 1.00 off your purchase of one (1) bottle of their shampoo. The item will ring up at 2.99, then you can use your coupon for 1.00 off, so you wind up paying 1.99 for the item. You STILL get the $2.00 ECB reward – so it’s like getting it for free!

Wow! Can I do this over and over?
Unfortunately, there are limits to all the sales. Check the weekly ad and the monthly sales books for the limits. When we post the sales here, we will also list the limits.

Can I have more than one CVS card?
The answer in general is no. However, if you have access to another address/name/phone number, you may be able to get a second card.

What about prescriptions?
Whenever you fill a prescription, make sure the pharmacy scans your card! Each prescription is 0.50 in ECBs that will be paid out at the end of the quarter.

Can I use the ECBs I earn to pay for prescriptions?
Unfortunately, no. They can only be used on store purchases.

CVS and Coupons
CVS also has a great coupon program. When you sign up for your card, make sure to check that you want CVS to email you coupons and offers. This will put you on their mailing list for future coupons!

Most of the CVS coupons are for a certain amount of dollars off a minimum dollar purchase. For example, to start, CVS will email you a coupon to save $4.00 on a $20.00 purchase.

When entering your store, look for the CVS card scanning/price checking machine. Scan your card upon entry every time for additional coupons and incentives! Sometimes it's 3.00/10.00 of CVS products, or something FREE!

Stacking coupons
Please note, your store may have a different policy regarding the stacking of coupons. IN ADDITION CVS has not been issuing as many e-mail coupons as in the past. Most stacking has been done via CRT coupons, which are the coupons that are generated at the end of your CVS receipt, or from the card scanning machine (if your store has one.)

Always make sure you give the cashier your CVS card to scan before you get to the total and start handing over coupons to make sure you get any sale prices.

CVS will sometimes have coupons for $3 off a $15.00 purchase, or $2 off a $10.00. The theory regarding CVS purchases are:
Your PRETAX amount is 30.00. You have a coupon for $4 off $20.00, $3 off $15.00, or $2 off $10.00. Hand to the cashier the coupons in this order:
1. The $4 off $20.00 coupon
2. The $3 off $15.00
3. The $2 off 10.00
As long as your total is more than the amount on the coupon, you can keep using coupons.

NEXT, give them your manufacturer coupons.

FINALLY, give them your ECBs.

Hopefully by this point, your out of pocket (OOP) amount is a small number. It may not be at the start, but with constant shopping and deal searching, you’ll build up a good amount of ECBs to use on future purchases.

We have come across some stores that will not allow you to stack their money off coupons unless your total equals the amounts of the coupons. For example, if you want to use a $4 off $20 coupon along with a $3 off $15 coupon, some cashiers may say that your total must be $35.00 before you can use the coupon. This rule varies from store to store and from cashier to cashier. We cannot say that CVS will always stack, because the policies are always changing.

What do they do about B1G1 (buy one, get one free) coupons? I have 2 coupons for the B1G1 covergirl lip product. If I got 2 lip products and used the two coupons would I get both for free or do the B1G1 coupons ring stuff up for 1/2 price?

CVS rings up the first item at full price and the second item rings up free. So if you have a BOGO free coupon, you would get both items free.

PLEASE NOTE: YMMV (your mileage may vary.) Some stores may not process it, some cashiers may be confused, but in general, the above should happen.

How to use your ECBs
Please note that you cannot use your ECBs:
- on pharmacy co-pays
- on the purchase of gift cards
Also, ECBs are tied to YOUR card. You will not be able to use the ECBs that are earned by other people. You must also present your card in order to use your ECBs.

Please note that your ECBs do have an expiration date and to be mindful of it. If they do expire, you may be able to have customer service reactivate them. Please contact CVS customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS.

ECBs can only be used on the PRETAX amount of your purchase. If your pre-tax purchase is 3.99 and you only have a $4.00 ECB, you will not be able to use that ECB – you must use smaller denominations.

I bought something that comes with ECBs but it didn’t print out. What gives?!
Check to see if you had previously hit the limit on the offer. It will print on your receipt. Also make sure you bought the correct item or version of the product. If you had not hit the limit, please contact customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS and they will add it to your card to print the next time you are in store.

THE GROUND RULES:
1. Post your experiences shopping at CVS, the deal combos you have found, and the unmarked clearance/ECB deals you have found at your store. Also post your general location if you are comfortable.
2. Do not post links to non CVS authorized coupons. They will be edited out. Authentic CVS coupons come from cvs.com or are located at akamaitech.com.
3. Keep non CVS chatter to a minimum. This is first and foremost a deals discussion. Anything going too far off topic will be deleted.

If you have links to printable coupons for items on sale this week at CVS, also post those for others to share.

Play nice!

GO BRUINS!

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:04 pm

Monthly Deals - February

Get 4.99 ECB when you buy Extreme Energy 6 hour shot, 2pk, 4oz total LIMIT 1
Get 7.99 ECB when you buy EARinse Ear Cleansing Spray 1oz LIMIT 2
Get 1.99 ECB when you buy CVS brand Children's Chewable Aspirin 36ct LIMIT 1

Weekly Deals:
Check your Local CVS for your weekly deals, as the deals are regional:
http://cvs.shoplocal...tezip= ZIP Code

GO BRUINS!

#3 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 31, 2009 - 10:24 pm

Happy February!

GO BRUINS!

#4 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 1, 2009 - 5:57 am

Get $10 ECB wyb 2 Loreal Revitalift products. The cream cleanser (and I think the cleansing wipes too) is $5.99 so.... 2 x $5.99 - $3/2 MFR Q = $8.98 - $10 ECB = $1.02 MM

#5 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 1, 2009 - 12:34 pm

I did the loreal deal this morning. I had coupons for $2 off 1 product. I used 2 making it a $2MM. The $2 q's came out 2 or 3 weeks ago. You can do this deal twice also. I got 2 towelettes and 2 cleansers. So total $4 MM for me! Also on sale this week K-Y Yours + Mine $19.99 get $10 ecb's. There is a $5 off q in todays inserts and also a $5 printable at the
K-Y website. Also certain Glade is 4/$10 with $5 ecb's. I got 4 glade 4 oz candles. There are $1.50/2 q's in todays inserts, so after ecb's and q's 4/$2. CVS Adult Low dose chewable aspirin will give you $1.99 ecb's, my store didn't have childrens chewable aspirin so I got those. Childrens chewable aspirin is an ecb deal for the month, limit is 1.

Here is the Feb Monthly Deal Book:
http://docs.google.c...jbwb_39dntp68gw

#6 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 1, 2009 - 1:43 pm

What is up with the February book? Are the items on the front page and back page free after ECB? Before it used to explicitly say free, now I can't tell. Without a CVS nearby I can't play the game and find out. I assumed they were free because of the smaller limits.

GO BRUINS!

#7 tjarena  OFFLINE  

tjarena

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 1, 2009 - 6:32 pm

I can't find the loreal Q. Can you be more specific in which coupon insert? Maybe it was a regional Q??? We never get all the coupons here that other people get.:mad:

#8 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 1, 2009 - 8:01 pm

The deals on the front and back of the feb book are FREE after ecb. I have the booklet in front of me right now and it says FREE in big red letters on the front and back deals. Also, There are b1g1 stayfree coupons that came out a couple weeks ago. Stayfree is in the Feb book you get $2 ecb wyb one package. Stayfree $3.99 x 2= $7.98 -b1g1 q ($3.99)= $3.99 get back $4 ecb's. Free pads. limit is 5, not confirmed if it's actually higher than that. (I think the stay free b1g1 q's are from 1/4/09 Red Plum, the one with krispy kreme on front) The Loreal q's I have are for $2 off any loreal facial skincare product they came from 1/04/09 Red Plum (I believe it has loreal ad on the front cover, there were 2 red plum inserts that week)

#9 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 6:22 am

I can't find the loreal Q. Can you be more specific in which coupon insert? Maybe it was a regional Q??? We never get all the coupons here that other people get.:mad:

The $3/2 Loreal Q were in yesterday's inserts.

#10 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 6:28 am

my local paper doesn't either, I subscribed to a nearby big city's paper (chicago) to get all the coupons. I wonder why that is!

#11 tjarena  OFFLINE  

tjarena

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 9:17 am

Did anyone see that Fl and MI have a different test ad this week for CVS?? Does anyone know if this is going to be every week and why are they doing this?? The ad is almost all sale products and very few ecbs. I read somewhere that CVS might be changing to this and getting rid of the ecb program. Does anyone have any info??

#12 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 9:26 am

HEADS UP! Went to CVS this morning to get my ECB deals and the ECBs are NOT printing! The manager got on the phone with "tech support" and they verified that the ECBs are not printing for the February deals and the ad that broke yesterday. They are working the issue and should have everything up and running later today. The manager said he thought it was regional. I know that I've seen some have made their purchases without problems, but just wanted to let anyone in the DFW area know and CHECK you receipts! I asked about forcing the ECBs to print and according to tech support it may work, may not for all of the items. I've got the manager holding my items, so this is always an option if you can make a second trip once they get everything squared away.

#13 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 9:37 am

HEADS UP!

(snip)

There wasn't anything compelling for me in this week's ad, for me at least.

My wife told me I couldn't buy any more toothpaste or deodorant. Posted Image

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#14 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 11:26 am

HEADS UP!

Went to CVS this morning to get my ECB deals and the ECBs are NOT printing! The manager got on the phone with "tech support" and they verified that the ECBs are not printing for the February deals and the ad that broke yesterday. They are working the issue and should have everything up and running later today. The manager said he thought it was regional. I know that I've seen some have made their purchases without problems, but just wanted to let anyone in the DFW area know and CHECK you receipts! I asked about forcing the ECBs to print and according to tech support it may work, may not for all of the items. I've got the manager holding my items, so this is always an option if you can make a second trip once they get everything squared away.

I heard this was a problem in Texas and some other state. They are printing here for me, in TN. Also the test ad for FL and Michigan is supposedly a one week thing, this week only. They say next week's ad looks like the regular ad all other states are getting. Everyone thinks the test ad is horrible and I agree. I saw it and it stinks!

#15 kren  OFFLINE  

kren

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 5:18 pm

i have about $30 in ECB ($10 of it must be spent on $50 or more) -- was hoping to find a car DVD player thingie for the kids... does anyone remember seeing one at CVS and if so, was it worth buying? thanks...

#16 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 7:14 pm

The Bayer Contour is on sale for $30 w/5 ECBs. There was a coupon in the paper for $30 off AND on the box you can supposedly get a $30 rebate. Can you really receive all these discounts? Has anyone tried it?

#17 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 8:20 pm

The Bayer Contour is on sale for $30 w/5 ECBs. There was a coupon in the paper for $30 off AND on the box you can supposedly get a $30 rebate. Can you really receive all these discounts? Has anyone tried it?

The general rule is that as long as your overall receipt is for more than 30.00, you can get the rebate on top of the coupons. So you would have to buy $60.00 worth of merchandise, use the coupon, and then you can get the rebate on the remaining 30.00. The ECB prints out separately, so they don't know about that, and the receipts do not say which item the coupon was applied to.

Overall, your OOP cost must be at least 30.00 to get the rebate.

GO BRUINS!

#18 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,235 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 2, 2009 - 9:16 pm

There wasn't anything compelling for me in this week's ad, for me at least.

My wife told me I couldn't buy any more toothpaste or deodorant. Posted Image

Sounds like my husband.

Personally, I start to panic when we drop below 10 tubes of toothpaste. :eyepoppin
All those who wander are not lost.........

#19 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 3, 2009 - 6:37 am

The general rule is that as long as your overall receipt is for more than 30.00, you can get the rebate on top of the coupons. So you would have to buy $60.00 worth of merchandise, use the coupon, and then you can get the rebate on the remaining 30.00. The ECB prints out separately, so they don't know about that, and the receipts do not say which item the coupon was applied to.

Overall, your OOP cost must be at least 30.00 to get the rebate.

Thanks. My OOP was over $30, so I'll give it a try.

#20 kak  OFFLINE  

kak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 3, 2009 - 7:08 am

I did the loreal deal this morning. I had coupons for $2 off 1 product. I used 2 making it a $2MM. The $2 q's came out 2 or 3 weeks ago. You can do this deal twice also. I got 2 towelettes and 2 cleansers. So total $4 MM for me! Also on sale this week K-Y Yours + Mine $19.99 get $10 ecb's. There is a $5 off q in todays inserts and also a $5 printable at the
K-Y website. Also certain Glade is 4/$10 with $5 ecb's. I got 4 glade 4 oz candles. There are $1.50/2 q's in todays inserts, so after ecb's and q's 4/$2. CVS Adult Low dose chewable aspirin will give you $1.99 ecb's, my store didn't have childrens chewable aspirin so I got those. Childrens chewable aspirin is an ecb deal for the month, limit is 1.

Here is the Feb Monthly Deal Book:
http://docs.google.c...jbwb_39dntp68gw

Will CVS allow us to use the printable ky yours&mine from the website and the $5 coupon in sundays paper inserts?? ty

#21 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 4, 2009 - 6:32 am

Will CVS allow us to use the printable ky yours&mine from the website and the $5 coupon in sundays paper inserts?? ty

you can use 1 manufacturers coupon and 1 cvs coupon per item, so if they're both manuf coupons then no, but if one of them is a cvs coupon then yes

Edited by Rockfordmom, Feb 4, 2009 - 6:37 am.

#22 leslie007  OFFLINE  

leslie007

Coupon Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 4, 2009 - 7:11 am

My haul wasn't as large, but I think I did well for a quick trip

4 Glade Candles 4/$10
3 Palmolive Dish Liquids 3x $.77 = $2.31
1 4.6oz Colgate toothpaste $.99

-.25 Palmolive MFQ
-1.50/2 Glade MFQ
-$1.00/2 Glade MFQ
-$.75 Colgate MFQ
-$9.98 ECB(throat coolers)
=8 items for $.06:willy_nil
Rec'd $5.00ECB from Glade deal,less than I started with but the FL ad is:yuck:
The candles are always worth it :)
http://c4.ac-images....7ab6b16cfeb.jpg

#23 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 5:31 pm

Dropped off a prescription yesterday, scanned my card on the way out and it printed out a coupon for $25 gift card for new or transferred prescription! Never had one of these print before, but felt like I hit a small jackpot! When I picked up the meds, I didn't mind the copay so much!!:) So make sure you remember to scan your card!

#24 bargaingal2  OFFLINE  

bargaingal2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 6:27 pm

Dropped off a prescription yesterday, scanned my card on the way out and it printed out a coupon for $25 gift card for new or transferred prescription! Never had one of these print before, but felt like I hit a small jackpot! When I picked up the meds, I didn't mind the copay so much!!:) So make sure you remember to scan your card!

That happened to me in December as well and I did my own little happy dance LOL!

#25 kren  OFFLINE  

kren

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 8:29 pm

I see references to MM ... what's that? So I'm kicking myself for not organizing this deal better. I had a $10 ECB, bought the two Loreal cleansers for $5.99 apiece, used $3 off 2 to bring it down below $10, got them free (I don't get any kind of ECB refund; but at least they let me use the coupon). Then used the $10 ECB that printed on the Loreal to buy the $10 worth of candles. I had coupons to go with that also. I used them, but here's where I screwed up -- I also had in my cart a couple of the Welch's grape drinx for $1.69 apiece ($1 ECB for two) and should have put those with the candle purchase, which, with the use of the candle coupons would have meant no cost for the drinks. But I wasn't thinking straight at this point, just trying to make sure the cashier was still going for all this. So the candles, after coupons, were $7.50, so my $10 ECB got downgraded to a $7.50 ECB. I'm still at zero OOP, though. Last batch: I used $5 ECB from candles toward deodorant and Palmolive and Soft Soap (spend $15, get $5), and also bought the two grape drinks with this purchase. I had manufacturer's coupons with all the toiletries as well. Total OOP was $9.62, but it could've been about $5 if I'd been thinking clearly on the drinks. Left store with $6 in ECB. A so-so strategy....not my best ...:(

#26 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 11:29 pm

I see references to MM ... what's that?

MM = Money Maker.

GO BRUINS!

#27 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 8, 2009 - 7:05 am

First time I've noticed the in-store coupon link on the CVS home page. Not sure if it's regional, but they had 3 pages of coupons and a few were for items listed in this week's sale flyer. Don't know if you can use them in conjunction with Manufacturer's coupons, but maybe worth a try.

#28 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 8, 2009 - 8:11 am

First time I've noticed the in-store coupon link on the CVS home page. Not sure if it's regional, but they had 3 pages of coupons and a few were for items listed in this week's sale flyer. Don't know if you can use them in conjunction with Manufacturer's coupons, but maybe worth a try.

I checked and I'm not sure if they are manufacturers coupons or cvs coupons?? It kind of looks like they might be manuf coupons, but I didn't print them because it was making me install another coupon printer...

#29 lazerith75  OFFLINE  

lazerith75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 8, 2009 - 2:14 pm

I checked and I'm not sure if they are manufacturers coupons or cvs coupons?? It kind of looks like they might be manuf coupons, but I didn't print them because it was making me install another coupon printer...

I just printed some and they are manufacturers coupons. They are from www.coupons.com Thanks for finding them, I've never seen the link on CVS.

#30 kren  OFFLINE  

kren

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 9, 2009 - 3:52 am

Any CVS workers, can y'all tell me whether or when *all* the CVS stores will ever get those great little in-store scanners for the EC cards? I hear all these great stories about the coupons that print out of them, and we have a bazillion CVSes here in NE PA -- some of them brand-new -- but I have yet to see a single one of those scanners...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users