Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

WALGREEN'S Deal Discussion - FEB / MAR

484 replies to this topic

#61 marypat58  OFFLINE  

marypat58

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 22, 2009 - 8:30 am

I was told at my Walgreens that if you use a coupon you will no longer receive a RR. You have to pay full price for the RR to print out. She said it started in Jan?? She said it was starting to get crazy. People were getting things for free!! Yea, duh.
This may finally push me to CVS....

That is interesting. I went in the other day to buy the 12 packs of coke. I had $1 off coupons from mycokerewards.com. The RR did not print out. I got the manager and she gave me the $2 but I wonder if that is why it happened.

#62 kren  OFFLINE  

kren

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 22, 2009 - 11:14 am

Why would they care? They send in the qs to the manufacturer and get reimbursed for them, plus postage/handling. I mean really -- it's no skin off their nose!

#63 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 22, 2009 - 11:40 am

I was told at my Walgreens that if you use a coupon you will no longer receive a RR. You have to pay full price for the RR to print out. She said it started in Jan?? She said it was starting to get crazy. People were getting things for free!! Yea, duh.
This may finally push me to CVS....

I was there today and I bought the excedrin (used a Q), Nature Valley Granola bars (used a Q) and the razor (Used a Q) and all of my RR printed. I hope they dont start that cause then I would have no reason to shop there.

#64 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 22, 2009 - 2:49 pm

If that's the case then they should state it in their ad! Their ad always says stuff like "look for coupons in your Sunday paper". That combined with no more rebates would really stink and would free up some of my time! Oust is on sale for $2.99 and has a $1 Wags ES rebate limit 4, there were coupons for b1g1f, so you get 2 of them for .99 after rebate. The Glade fabric and air odor eliminator is part of the same Wags rebate (#31), they are also on sale for $2.99 and I had coupons from the mail (not the paper) for $1.50 off for them, so they would also be .99 for 2 of them if you had 2 of the coupons.

Edited by Rockfordmom, Feb 22, 2009 - 2:58 pm.

#65 chefpatty  OFFLINE  

chefpatty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 22, 2009 - 4:11 pm

That is interesting. I went in the other day to buy the 12 packs of coke. I had $1 off coupons from mycokerewards.com. The RR did not print out. I got the manager and she gave me the $2 but I wonder if that is why it happened.

That is exactly what happended to me. The manager that rang me up is very nice and does always seem to know her stuff. She said some stores don't understand the new policy yet and are handwriting out RR but they're not really suppose to.
When I mentioned they should have somehow let people know of this new policy she turned over the Walgreens ad and read " Items advertised with Register Rewards or rebates are subject to conditions and limits established by the mfr." She said it falls under conditions and limits. The condition is now that you have to pay full price to receive the RR.
I'll be interested to see how others are making out with this.
Like I said I've been playing with the idea of switching to CVS and this may be the thing that will finally push me over...........

#66 sunnysky24  OFFLINE  

sunnysky24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 22, 2009 - 6:29 pm

I used coupons today and all of my rr printed out.

#67 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 22, 2009 - 7:39 pm

Got 4 Fusion Gamer Razors. All $6 RR printed out (bought in seperate transactions)

#68 chefpatty  OFFLINE  

chefpatty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 23, 2009 - 4:08 am

hmmm....I wondering if it's just a problem with the coke deal? or just a new local policy.....I tried calling them to ask but their mailbox is full.

#69 Great Dane Mom  OFFLINE  

Great Dane Mom

Lil' George

• 3,601 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 23, 2009 - 4:49 am

hmmm....I wondering if it's just a problem with the coke deal? or just a new local policy.....I tried calling them to ask but their mailbox is full.

It could just be a Coke thing. A few weeks back on a Pepsi promotion the RR were not printing company wide until the last day.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. Mother Teresa and GDM

#70 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,846 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 23, 2009 - 9:41 am

Has anyone heard of a March Maddness Sale at Walgreens starting Wednesday?I read it on another board and would die if it was true.lol
Ohhh another day another deal!!!

#71 pstroup  OFFLINE  

pstroup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 23, 2009 - 10:10 am

I think the coupon issue was maybe just a Coke issue? I've been using coupons and still always get the RR as long as I don't pay with a RR from the same deal (or company). I've heard of stores trying to play the "you used a coupon so you don't get a RR" excuse but that really isn't WAGS policy. I hope that don't make that their policy...would be a lot fewer deals I would do there if they do.

#72 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 23, 2009 - 10:53 am

I wouldn't waste my time calling the local WAGS - but I would call their corporate office and ask them about RR and mfrg coupons.

#73 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 23, 2009 - 11:16 am

Has anyone heard of a March Maddness Sale at Walgreens starting Wednesday?I read it on another board and would die if it was true.lol

Never heard of it. What is this about?
When I went to Wags yesterday they did have a huge clearance sale. Like the whole Toy Aisle was marked 50% off. I bought a cart full of stuff. It was not ringing up 50% off though. The cashier called the manager over and he told her to price over ride all of the toys to 50%.
I called my mom and told her. She went to the Wags by her house but there was not such sale there. May have just been this one.

#74 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 24, 2009 - 7:48 pm

I googled it and saw a couple of sites with info on a March Madness sale. I didn't want to copy it and post it here since no one really knows if it's for real... but I did get my coupons ready just in case. And no stayfree peelies here.

#75 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 25, 2009 - 2:43 pm

Went to a store here and nothing :( I even had the cashier scan a couple of the items from the list to see if they just didn't have their signs up.

#76 chefpatty  OFFLINE  

chefpatty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 25, 2009 - 6:00 pm

I wouldn't waste my time calling the local WAGS - but I would call their corporate office and ask them about RR and mfrg coupons.

I called the main office. They e-mailed the store and the manager called me. He said I was given the wrong information and that they owed me $2. He asked me who told me that and I gave him the women's name. I feel kinda weird though because I know it's going to be awkward when I see her again. She sounded so sure of herself...going on and on about how it became policy in January.
I explained to him that I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of $2 I just wanted to know if this really was the new policy for the future.
When I got off the phone my 12yr old DS called me a loser. Saying only I would be talking on the phone with a store manager about a coupon issue. :tongue1: I told him someday all my savings will get him to college!!

#77 marypat58  OFFLINE  

marypat58

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 26, 2009 - 3:09 am

I called the main office. They e-mailed the store and the manager called me. He said I was given the wrong information and that they owed me $2. He asked me who told me that and I gave him the women's name. I feel kinda weird though because I know it's going to be awkward when I see her again. She sounded so sure of herself...going on and on about how it became policy in January.

I am glad to hear that after what happened to me tonight. I went into my Walgreens to buy a fusion gamer razor with the $4 coupon. I bought 2 other items bringing my total to $9.98. The $6 RR did not print. When I questioned the cashier she told me she thought it was because I had used a coupon and that she heard the RRs will not print when you use a coupon but she called the manager for me anyway.
The manager told me that these RRs for the razor were just not printing for some reason. She went in the back and brought out a form for me to fill out and mail in. The top of the form says:

"We're sorry, the coupon machine for this store is not yet available. Please use this form for your mail-in request. We apologize for any inconvenience. Receive a Walgreens Next Shopping Order Coupon by Mail with the purchase of participating Gillette Fusion Gamer, Spa Breeze or Venus Embrace"

Then there is a place for me to fill in my name and address along with my receipt and the purchase price circled. My RRs have printed in that store before so I was concerned that they are not going to send me the RR. Either way it is a pain.

#78 chefpatty  OFFLINE  

chefpatty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 26, 2009 - 3:51 am

You're right MaryPat it is a pain! You have to fill something out....pay for a stamp...and wait for a return. I did CVS for the first time this week because I'm getting tired of all these issues with Walgreeens and I have to admit I can see why people say CVS is more user friendlier than Walgreens. Coupons for $4 and $4.99 just printed off at the bottom of my receipt for my next purchase. Easy! In fact I bought the gamer razor also. Used my $4 coupon and a $4 coupon for next visit printed off. AT Cvs the razor was on sale for $7.99 so I made a penny. Maybe Walgreens is just trying to get rid of us coupon users.....

#79 shay_n_sc  OFFLINE  

shay_n_sc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 26, 2009 - 6:07 am

I let 2 RR expire! I had my dates mixed up and I was one day late. I went to the store just to ask if they could push them thru. The cashier told me that they "just give those away" so it wasn't like I lost anything. HUH? No, I bought items that generated these and I spent money to earn them. Anyway, 2 stores - both said SOL. CVS woulda pushed ECBs thru! I am beginning to lose my love for Walgreen's....

#80 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 26, 2009 - 5:48 pm

CVS woulda pushed ECBs thru! I am beginning to lose my love for Walgreen's....

Not all of them will

#81 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 26, 2009 - 8:39 pm

I bought the razor here and the manager came over and price adjusted it to $2.99. She said for some reason the RR weren't printing so they were modifying everything. Fine with me :)

#82 marypat58  OFFLINE  

marypat58

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 27, 2009 - 6:17 am

I bought the razor here and the manager came over and price adjusted it to $2.99. She said for some reason the RR weren't printing so they were modifying everything. Fine with me :)

I wish they had done the same for me.

#83 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 27, 2009 - 7:54 am

I let 2 RR expire! I had my dates mixed up and I was one day late. I went to the store just to ask if they could push them thru. The cashier told me that they "just give those away" so it wasn't like I lost anything. HUH? No, I bought items that generated these and I spent money to earn them. Anyway, 2 stores - both said SOL...

I had a $10RR expire on me right after the holidays. What I could not believe is that the RR are only valid for 2 weeks. I put in a call to my local corporate office to say that if those RR are going to have such a short time frame where they need to be redeemed - their cashiers need to be retrained to start tell their customers when the RR expire and what they are. So many times - they are just handed to me with no explanation. Geez .. CVS ECB are good for at least one month.

#84 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 27, 2009 - 9:18 pm

3/1 - 3/7 Ad HERE

RR Deals:
Pepsi 12 packs
2/$8 - $3 RR = 2/$5

Tide Laundry Liquid or powder
$5.99 - $1 RR = $4.99

Buy $5, Get $1 RR - Buy $20, Get $5 RR

Clorox, Tilex, Formula 409, PineSol - $2.50

Buy 1, Get $2 RR
Vaseline lotion - 25% sale

Buy 2 or more, Get $5 RR

Loreal everpure haircare products 5.5 oz

Sunsilk shampoo or conditioner
$2.99 - $1 RR = $1.99

Crest Whitestrips Advanced Seal
$39.99 - $5RR = $34.99

Buy 2, Get $3 RR - Buy 3 or more, Get $8 RR
Prilosec OTC- $25.99
Pepto Bismol- $5.49
Metamucil or Fiber sure- $9.99

Buy $25 or more, Get $10 RR
Walgreens instant formula - $2 off
Johnson & Johnson, Desitin - 25% off

Miralax
$18.99 - $4RR = $14.99

Claritin
$24.99 - $5RR = $19.99

Carmex moisture plus lip care
$2.99 - $2 RR = $0.99

Zyrtec
$26.99 - $2 RR= $24.99

Poise or Depends
$11.99 - $2 RR= $9.99

One a day vitamins
$14.99 - $4 RR = $10.99

Blink tears eye drops
$7.99 - $7.99 RR = FREE

Colgate Toothpaste
$3.99 - $3.99 RR = FREE

Kelloggs selected varieties cereals
3/$10 - $3 RR = 3/$7

Other Deals:
Reach Toothbrush (Use Ad Q)
$0.99 - $1 MFR Q = FREE

Pepto
($5.49 X 3) - (3 x $0.55 MFR Q) - $8 RR = 3/$6.82

BLINK TEARS
$7.99 - $1.50 MFR Q - $7.99 RR = $1.50 OVERAG
E

Nivea lip balm (Use Ad Q)
$1.99 - $1 MFR Q = $0.99

Chex Mix
2/$3.00 - (2 x $1 MFR Q) = 2/$1.00

M & M's
2/$5.00 - $1/2 MARCH ESQ - $1/2 MFR Q = 2/$3

RITZ
2/$1.99 - $1/2 MFR Q = 2/$0.99

Fiber One Bars
$1.99 - $1.35 MFR Q = $0.64

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Lotion
$2.69 - $1 MFR Q - $2 RR = $0.31 overage

Revlon Matte Eye Shadow
2/$4.99 - (2 x $2 MFR Q) = 2/ $0.99

DeMet's Turtles
2/$6 - (2 x $1.50 MFR Q) = 2/$3.00

Edited by dantegirl, Feb 27, 2009 - 9:30 pm.

#85 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 27, 2009 - 9:23 pm

MARCH Easy Saver Catalog HERE

March FAR:

AXE Shampoo, conditioner or stylers - $6.99
Advanced Memory Formula Softgels - $19.99
Walgreens Extra Strength Quickgels, 20ct. - $2.99

#86 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 27, 2009 - 9:29 pm

Heads up for those that need diapers....Run HERE right now and print out the Huggies Coupons

$5 off Gentlecare Diapers
$3 off Natural Fit Diapers

The week of 3/8 there is a Buy $25 of Huggies Products, Get $10 RR.

(3 x $10) - (3 x $5 MFR Q) - $10 RR = $5 for 3 packs of diapers :eyepoppin:D:eyepoppin:D

#87 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 28, 2009 - 6:25 am

Are those items that were in that supposed March Madness sale in the ad or monthly catalog?

#88 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 28, 2009 - 8:10 am

Are those items that were in that supposed March Madness sale in the ad or monthly catalog?

The March items listed are for the March Easy Saver Catalog. From what I read about that March Madness, it is a YMMV situation. It seems like some stores in Ohio are doing it but I haven't seen it here yet.

Edited by dantegirl, Feb 28, 2009 - 8:15 am.

#89 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 28, 2009 - 8:16 am

My Wags has the Excedrin Menstrual pills 20 count regularly 5.99 for .50 each! I had $1/1 coupons. I got 10 of them. No beeps. Used 5 $1 coupons. So FREE for all 10 Starbucks chocolates on sale for $4 each (the carton ones). I used $6/2 ESC coupon plus $1/1 blinkies. FREE (no tax) Vitamin water at mine is 2/$1. I saw the list of the "march Madness" sale and these were on it. So we have these 3, but not the rest.

#90 alexusrydr  OFFLINE  

alexusrydr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 28, 2009 - 12:03 pm

Heads up for those that need diapers....Run HERE right now and print out the Huggies Coupons

$5 off Gentlecare Diapers
$3 off Natural Fit Diapers

The week of 3/8 there is a Buy $25 of Huggies Products, Get $10 RR.

(3 x $10) - (3 x $5 MFR Q) - $10 RR = $5 for 3 packs of diapers :eyepoppin:D:eyepoppin:D

how can you print more than 2 of each coupon? I even created an account under DH with his email and it still says I've reached my limit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users