Looking for a new coffee maker - Cuisinart or Krups

I have had the Krups Aroma something or other with the carafe for a while and loved the flavor of the coffee....but it was never hot enough for me. Just bought the Cuisinart and am very very happy with it. Shop around for prices, though....have seen good prices at Costco, and even Kohls when they have the 30% off coupon.

I bought a Cusinart, last year, from Macys. Do not recommend. The burner portion does not remain hot or get warm enough to keep the coffee at a good temperature, which if you set it to be brewed automatically, really leaves you with a luke warm cup of coffee :yuck:

I had a Mr. Coffee for 6 years prior to this one and seriously considering going back, as the coffe was brewed perfectly and remained warm. They look very similar too, black/stainless look.

• 2 weeks later...
My recommendation would be to get the "free" coffeemaker for signing up with Gevalia - you can sign up, get a few orders of (really good) coffee, and then cancel the subscription with no risk... I did this a few years ago, and got a stainless steel programmable coffee maker that still works just fine!

In 2007 I purchased the Cuisinart Grind and Brew from Sears during the friends and family sale for $39. We love it. In December I saw the same coffee maker at Big Lots for $30-35 (sorry, I can't remember exactly, but I do remember noticing how close the price was to what I paid). If you are near a Big Lot I would check them out.

Picked up a Cuisinart several months ago at Sam's and we love it.

+1, but we've had our Cuisinart for 1.5 years at least... I brew twice a day most days... It's terrific. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Coffee/lotsocoffee.gif

Mr. Coffee stops working after 3 months. :eek:

I have had a Cuisinart Brew Central for 5 years... I am just now looking to replace it as the burner is not keeping the coffee hot enough for my liking. I am really mad I missed out on the one at Kohls! See what happens when I take a day off GottaDeal? It's going to cost me more money!!!!

Anywho... Same coffeemaker at Sam's Club is $49.XX I bought my first one there and will most likely buy my new one there now, too!

If you have a tuesday morning store near you i would say try it! if you arent familiar check their website for locations. They are sort of like a marshalls tj maxx but only housewares, sheets, luggage. I love it and they do carry high-end small electrics like cuisinart and le cruset. I dont think they are returns or defective. I have had no problems with thier return policy..i like the keurig myself.