Rechargable batteries

I can't take it anymore! My digital camera is eating me out of house and home from the cost of batteries - 4 AA. I have a card reader and have begun to lay off the zoom as much and that helped, but still - D@MN!

Suggestions? Recommendations? Price range?

I have bought them from both sam's and Big Lots--Sams has the bigger MaH or whatever that is, but Big Lots were cheaper. Big Lots has a 4 pack of Digital Brand 2100 or something for $5.99, I got the charger and battery set at Sam's a while ago. I think it was $19 or so. I just use that charger with the Big Lots batteries too.

Please keep in mind I'm a total rechargable battery noob.

What is mah?

I need batteries (at least 4 AA for the digital camera, but more would be great so the kids could use them in their various hand held games and such) and also the charging unit (not sure what it's called).

Do they make units that can charge batteries in the car like for vacation?

Thanks!

Second link - Define: Quick Charge.

Is there a unit that would hold more?

Can you leave the batteries in the unit until you need them?

What is the average life (use time and lifetime) of a recharable battery?

Thanks!

Please keep in mind I'm a total rechargable battery noob.

What is mah?

An abbreviation for milliamp hour, a technical term that shows how long a given power source (like a battery) can give off power, i.e., a measure of a battery's total capacity. The higher the number (ex. 600 mAh, 1,500 mAh) the more charge a battery can hold and usually, the longer a battery will last under a certain load. Typical rechargeable receiver battery packs are in the 500-600 mAh range. Typical R/C car motor batteries are in the 1,200 - 1,500 mAh range.

Second link - Define: Quick Charge.

Is there a unit that would hold more?

Can you leave the batteries in the unit until you need them?

What is the average life (use time and lifetime) of a recharable battery?

Thanks!

Quick charge = literal meaning. It charges batteries quicker than regular chargers, typically in minutes as opposed to hours.

Yes, some chargers allow you to leave the batteries in the unit. Also, batteries are good for up to 1000 charges. Here's the definitive site: Thomas Distributing

nineofus,

If you have access to a local CostCo or Sam's Club, I would suggest starting there.

CostCo has a nice Panasonic rechargeable set with 6 AA's, 2 AAA's with charger for $16.99 out the door.

We have both nearby. I'm a Sam's member, but not Costco. I'll try Sam's.

Thanks!

I still have a couple of unanswered questions.

Is there a car charger adapter available?

What is the usage life of a rechargable battery?

First of all I would recommend reading this, take your time it's a lot of information to absorb.

1) Yes.

If a car charger is very important to you then I would suggest buying from Thomas-Distributing.com If you're not sure what model to buy and what they do give them a call at 1-800-821-2769. I just called and spoke with Molly who was very helpful and friendly. Molly and I agree that the MAHA MH-C401FS with car adapter is a perfect fit for your needs. These are very high quality batteries and charger. If you don't really need a car charger and want the best bang for your buck, go to Sam's Club. If you want high quality, the best you can buy then this is it.

2) It depends on how you use the batteries and if it's a slow or fast drain device.

Call them at 1-800-821-2769 they can probably answer all your questions and then some. I have a 3 year old MAHA charger which we use a few times a month for our remotes and digicams. They're some of the best batteries and chargers you can buy.

Guest DigDoug

I believe Sam's Club has an Energizer rechargeable set, definitely check them out first.

They sure do. It is a good deal if you don't care how long it takes to charge the batteries. The package does not say ANYWHERE on the outside how long it takes. I had to open one up (please don't turn me in) to read that it was an overnight charger. I opted for a 15 minute charger from walmart. At that point I was tired of looking for a deal.