Best Buy - Vent

So Im looking through the Best Buy ad and the tv's that are such a great deal are hundres of dollars cheaper than at Newegg.com.

I called the store and asked if they did price matching online and they say no. So I ask if there is any leeway ( sp ) on their prices. The lady tells me no.

It's frustrating when they won' work with you a little.

Yes Best Buy has 36 months no interest but the other has 12 months.... Still 400.00 is alot of extra interest.......

I wonder if I go down and stand in their store, ready to buy, if they will budge at all.

Edited by MonsterMutts
spelling

Guest CountryFan

From Best Buys site:

Does BestBuy.com match the prices of other retailers?

At this time, the BestBuy.com Price Guarantee does not cover the prices listed by other online or store retailers.

Years ago they did price match a VCR price at CC for me. Haven't shopped there in ages.

This was the Davenport Best Buy. I just talked to the desk gal cause I couldn't get anyone else to answer.

She said they only match Bestbuy.com. Does that sound right?

PS! Hello Fellow Iowa Person :)

Yes, they only match their own website prices. Sorry I thought that is what you meant. That you found something cheaper on Best Buy's site, and wanted to price match in store.

I don't think they price match competitors. Though you may want to check Sears.

I completely misunderstood your post so glad that I waited to respond...as far as price matching...the reason most don't is that not all companies get the same deals so if they always price matched, they would be out large dollar amounts.

If you can find a ding or a mark, you may be able to get a bit off...but I always notice in the big box stores, it aint much...usually they can send the stuff back for full credit so there is no need to mark it down.

I can understand why they dont match online prices. Shipping varies, handling varies, even tax varies when puchasing online. Some retailers may have a lower online price.. but the S&H make up the difference.

By the way.. they (BB) does have a policy about finding it cheaper if you purchase it. Theyll refund the difference plus 10%.

What kind of TV are you looking for.. maybe we can all help find the best deal??

It is interesting that their policy now states they won't PM other retailers. I have had them price match several things this Christmas season. It seems perfectly understandable to me that BM stores would not PM online retailers. There is always going to be some place online that is able to sell something cheaper.

From Best Buys site:

Years ago they did price match a VCR price at CC for me. Haven't shopped there in ages.

I purchased a large screen Sony LCD W series tv from Best Buy last weekend and the sales rep looked up the prices online for Circuit City & Ultimate Electronics to make sure I was receiving the lowest price. He then told me if the price lowers in the next 30 days they will give me a price adjustment.

I do have to say I was able to make a great deal on the set. They had a special pkg on sale and I didn't need the surround sound it included. When all was said and done I walked out with the tv, a Monster power strip, a HD cable to hook up my cable box to the tv and an extended warranty for only $400 more than I paid for my smaller, large screen Tobishia 2 years ago. I was excited and could not have received better customer service.