Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - JANUARY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#121 SweetiePoosMom  OFFLINE  

SweetiePoosMom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 24, 2009 - 5:38 pm

Normally if they have them in stock they would already be out on the shelves. Some stores used to change around 4 pm on Saturday, a couple weeks ago I heard an employee say that they change at 3 am on Sunday morning. Not sure if that's at all stores or just here...

Thanks, Rockford Mom.

I'm going to call the closest store and ask them about it.
I hope that I don't have to make a middle of the night run to CVS, but I probably will have to.
The vultures (oops, I mean the lovely people who live in this community which is one of the wealthiest in the country) swoop in and grab all of the good stuff before 10:00AM.

#122 SweetiePoosMom  OFFLINE  

SweetiePoosMom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 24, 2009 - 5:58 pm

Thanks, Rockford Mom.

I hope that I don't have to make a middle of the night run to CVS, but I probably will have to.
The vultures (oops, I mean the lovely people who live in this community which is one of the wealthiest in the country) swoop in and grab all of the good stuff before 10:00AM.

I just called 7 stores and none of them have the Craig Digital to Analog Broadcast Converter Boxes with Remotes which are on Sale - Sunday and Monday.

I asked about issuing a Rain Check and the responses were vague. :no:

#123 mabennett  OFFLINE  

mabennett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 24, 2009 - 7:46 pm

about the clearance and ECB's: I remember buying the grape juice on clearance for 1/2 off and getting ECB's on each container I bought....

#124 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 24, 2009 - 7:48 pm

Thanks, Rockford Mom.

I complained jokingly about people with 4 cards that buy up the limit of everything that's free with ECB's on each of their cards as soon as the store opens on Sundays, and they told me that the lady that did it at my store got mad at them about something and started shopping at another CVS. They called that store to see if they had any of the things I was looking for in stock and I heard the cashier say something about her always going in there at 3 am and buying them out of everything in the ad with ECB's.

#125 rondadeal  OFFLINE  

rondadeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 24, 2009 - 10:14 pm

Normally if they have them in stock they would already be out on the shelves. Some stores used to change around 4 pm on Saturday, a couple weeks ago I heard an employee say that they change at 3 am on Sunday morning. Not sure if that's at all stores or just here...

what is the deal on the converter box? anything else good for sunday/monday? I shop CVS at work since I don't live by any. so if there is something good, I try to go monday, but usually the good stuff is loooonnnnggg gone!

#126 SweetiePoosMom  OFFLINE  

SweetiePoosMom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 25, 2009 - 6:35 am

what is the deal on the converter box? anything else good for sunday/monday? I shop CVS at work since I don't live by any. so if there is something good, I try to go monday, but usually the good stuff is loooonnnnggg gone!

2-day "special" Sunday and Monday:
$40 for the Craig converter Box and if you use the $40 government coupon/voucher/card .....
Final Cost = $0

#127 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 25, 2009 - 10:29 am

I don't think ANY cvs stores got the digital converter boxes in. There was signs at my store and another board they were talking about none of them having any.

I got a $10 off $50 the other day. Went in to use it today and scanned my card when I first went in and got another $10 off $50! I plan on using it with next week's deals. It doesn't expire til 2/1 and there are some good deals next week! Here is the ad for 2/1-2/7:
http://docs.google.c...3sp_679gc7q45gg

#128 rondadeal  OFFLINE  

rondadeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 25, 2009 - 1:07 pm

2-day "special" Sunday and Monday:
$40 for the Craig converter Box and if you use the $40 government coupon/voucher/card .....
Final Cost = $0

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping for free AND some Extra Bucks heehee!

For those who still have your coupon and can't find one for $40, ABC Warehouse (at least here) has one that sells for $40 everyday. HTH

#129 shay_n_sc  OFFLINE  

shay_n_sc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 26, 2009 - 9:00 am

None here have the converter boxes either. The mgr said she had been calling around since yesterday and couldn't locate one store that any. They are just taking names and phone numbers and are going to call customers if any come in later. They didn't issue a raincheck but said they will still honor the price.

#130 autter211  OFFLINE  

autter211

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 27, 2009 - 6:46 pm

We did the Pepsi deal last week and got the 10 ecbs and it was in the paper this week too. So we went to do it this week and use the 10 ecbs but the new ecbs did not print. (We bought $20 worth of pepsi, but minus the 10 ecb, only paid $10) Is that how it is suppose to work?

#131 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 27, 2009 - 7:30 pm

This weeks pepsi deal is supposed to be different. You should have gotten ecb's for doing it this week also. I haven't done it this week yet but I was planning to. Are you sure you bought $20 worth? Check the bottom of your receipt to make sure.

#132 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 27, 2009 - 7:41 pm

This weeks pepsi deal is supposed to be different. You should have gotten ecb's for doing it this week also. I haven't done it this week yet but I was planning to. Are you sure you bought $20 worth? Check the bottom of your receipt to make sure.

Yeah, last week I bought $21 worth of 12-pack sodas and got the $10 EB. This week I bought one 32-oz Gatorade and got $1.75 towards a $20 total (and $10 more EB).

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#133 autter211  OFFLINE  

autter211

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 27, 2009 - 8:26 pm

We brought $21 worth of soda but used the 10 ecbs so the total was $11.

I am new to the ecbs, so I don't know all the rules. I thought the ecbs were calculated before coupons and ecbs. That's what the asst manager told us before we picked out the soda, but when it did not print he said, "you want to walk out of here with $20 worth of soda and a 10 coupon and only pay $10? I DON'T THINK SO!" Then we were confused.

#134 rondadeal  OFFLINE  

rondadeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 27, 2009 - 8:51 pm

We brought $21 worth of soda but used the 10 ecbs so the total was $11.

I am new to the ecbs, so I don't know all the rules. I thought the ecbs were calculated before coupons and ecbs. That's what the asst manager told us before we picked out the soda, but when it did not print he said, "you want to walk out of here with $20 worth of soda and a 10 coupon and only pay $10? I DON'T THINK SO!" Then we were confused.

I've never had that happen at CVS, but the Walgreen register rebates won't print out if you use a previous RR on the same deal. I would call CS, and if they don't give you the $10, I would return the soda, and try re-buying it. I was wondering also if we could do this deal again, but usually if it is in the weekly paper you can.

#135 rennakay  OFFLINE  

rennakay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 28, 2009 - 4:47 am

I purchased the pepsi deal and even went over the $20 just to be sure but no ecb printed out for me either but when I checked the receipt it seems like I've purchased a few pepsi products previously in the month and the purchases are not adding together, shows 2 different pepsi deals with how much more needed to reach the deal. Previous week was for the monthly deal, and this weeks purchase went toward this weeks ad. But this week I know I purchase over $20 so I'll be calling today.

#136 Sablesue  OFFLINE  

Sablesue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 28, 2009 - 5:36 am

Not sure if this forum is for clearance too, but my CVS had light bulbs - including outdoor yellow-bulb bug lights, for 90% off.

#137 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 28, 2009 - 6:32 am

Not sure if this forum is for clearance too, but my CVS had light bulbs - including outdoor yellow-bulb bug lights, for 90% off.

Yes it is, and thanks for the info!

#138 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 28, 2009 - 8:10 am

I think some people reported ecb's not printing. It is 2 different deals but some people's stuff was ringing up with the prices from last week and some stuff was ringing up with the prices from this week. Maybe thats what is going on. I know that yesterday CVS was doing something with their weekly and monthly deals that show on the bottom of your receipt. Some people's were gone altogether. I think they were trying to sort it all out. I would try returning the pepsi and buy it again, but you might have some problems. Since you paid with an ecb most stores only want to give you back what you paid out of pocket and some stores will give you the ecb's back on a gift card it all depends. But even if you paid with ecb's from last weeks pepsi deals you should still have gotten an ecb for this weeks pepsi deal.

#139 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 28, 2009 - 8:21 am

The manager SHOULD have made the ecb print right there if you bot $20 and it didn't. I did both deals both weeks and got the ECB both times. In fact, a week earlier the sign was up and I bot $20 and didn't get the ECB (cause the time period hadn't started- but there was no date on their big ad hanging over the soda) so I showed the mgr the sign & she forced the ECB to print.

#140 jdflores  OFFLINE  

jdflores

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 28, 2009 - 3:39 pm

I think some people reported ecb's not printing. It is 2 different deals but some people's stuff was ringing up with the prices from last week and some stuff was ringing up with the prices from this week. Maybe thats what is going on. I know that yesterday CVS was doing something with their weekly and monthly deals that show on the bottom of your receipt. Some people's were gone altogether. I think they were trying to sort it all out. I would try returning the pepsi and buy it again, but you might have some problems. Since you paid with an ecb most stores only want to give you back what you paid out of pocket and some stores will give you the ecb's back on a gift card it all depends. But even if you paid with ecb's from last weeks pepsi deals you should still have gotten an ecb for this weeks pepsi deal.

Probably it. It seemed when I went in on Sat, it was splitting up the purchase into chips and soda. It showed two Pepsi deals at the bottom. One with $12, still needing $8 and then one with $8, still needing $12. But after a big review by two managers, they printed out my ECBs. And I did use $8 ECBs for that purchase.

#141 rondadeal  OFFLINE  

rondadeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 31, 2009 - 6:15 am

On the Pepsi deal: I did the pepsi deal again yesterday and it DID print out the ECB again. Also did it last wk. On the clearance no ECB thread: I did the Revlon deal using one reg price item & 1 1/2 off item and the ECB DIDN'T print. I said: can you print at the reg now? she said: u got clearance so no ecb. I said: (repeat above) She said: (reapeat her) I said: either print the ECB or return the items. She said: here you go! and printed the ECB and handed to me:yup: On the ice pops free after ECB: never found all month and they were able to give me a raincheck on these.

#142 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 31, 2009 - 7:35 am

Does anyone know if the February ECB book is available somewhere online?

#143 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 31, 2009 - 8:03 am

Does anyone know if the February ECB book is available somewhere online?

http://docs.google.c...jbwb_39dntp68gw

#144 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 31, 2009 - 2:57 pm

Thanks MeliesMom!!

#145 mesarobins  OFFLINE  

mesarobins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 31, 2009 - 9:34 pm

Yes! Finally Excedrine and Advil PM, I have CVS and Manufacturer coupons for both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users