Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - JANUARY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#61 mommyx3  OFFLINE  

mommyx3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 8, 2009 - 7:07 pm

The 6-pack of soyjoys (free after $6 ECB) is not limit 5. I reached 5 yesterday but limit isn't reached. Will buy another just to test.... And if you buy 2 boxes you can use the $3/10 -- it doesn't beep- it's coded for 2 boxes so money maker.

I actually hate soyjoys but the folks at work eat anything.

There is probably no limit because they can't give those things away! I was going to donate some to the shelter, but I haven't seen that deal or that coupon around me.

#62 semperwife  OFFLINE  

semperwife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 8, 2009 - 7:16 pm

my son loves the soyjoy bars... and they are gluten free so he thinks that is even cooler!

#63 krucook  OFFLINE  

krucook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 9, 2009 - 7:31 am

I have several CVS stores around me. Would love to get the bread. I went to two yesterday scoping things out. No bread. I did see a lot of 75% off. If it's a 24 hour store and items are on sale or clearance, when do the registers take effect? Is it after midnight or after like 7:00 a.m.? Is there any more info on the specific toys that were clearanced? What about the jello? Was it all Jello clearanced? I'm new to the CVS rewards program but I'm learning from you all. I have several Walgreens and Rite Aids around, as well. Which has the best rewards program? TIA for all of the info. Also I did see pie filling and canned cranberries on clearance, as well. Just thought I'd share. I saw chocolate chips, too, in the same clearanced area, but I didn't scan those for a price. Mine also had Hallmark ornaments on clearance.

#64 dkctoo  OFFLINE  

dkctoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 10, 2009 - 6:29 am

Anybody know what's in the 1/11 ad?

#65 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 10, 2009 - 6:49 am

Anybody know what's in the 1/11 ad?

http://docs.google.c...3sp_538hssqxphq

#66 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 10, 2009 - 12:06 pm

Christmas was 90% off here today.

#67 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 10, 2009 - 6:24 pm

BIG sign said buy $20 pepsi get 10 ECB-- it was over the pepsi display. I read it carefully- looking for dates. NO dates. Bought the products, no ECB. Gal forced ECB on the spot so got my $10. I read it's 2 weeks from now. How dumb to put that sign up and how dumber no date on the sign. LOL Suppose I can do it again when it's really on cause I bet no record of the mistake ecbs.

#68 dkctoo  OFFLINE  

dkctoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 6:20 am

There is probably no limit because they can't give those things away! I was going to donate some to the shelter, but I haven't seen that deal or that coupon around me.

I read on another website that the limit is actually 10. Sure wish I could find that coupon.

#69 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 7:08 am

Christmas still 75% off here!:mad:

#70 cynglover  OFFLINE  

cynglover

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 8:01 am

BIG sign said buy $20 pepsi get 10 ECB-- it was over the pepsi display. I read it carefully- looking for dates. NO dates.

Bought the products, no ECB. Gal forced ECB on the spot so got my $10. I read it's 2 weeks from now. How dumb to put that sign up and how dumber no date on the sign. LOL

Suppose I can do it again when it's really on cause I bet no record of the mistake ecbs.

I had to get forced ECB's on some eyeshadow a couple weeks ago. When I used them, it beeped, so they had to key it manually. That may mean that the pepsi deal would work again for you.

My CVS has been putting out a lot of ECB items that haven't gone on sale yet. I guess they are hoping people won't notice, but I had to get a refund on the cottonelle wipes the day before they went on sale. They had been put out for at least a week before that.

#71 misshayley  OFFLINE  

misshayley

• 2,568 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 11:03 am

Christmas was marked 75% off here, but they were adjusting it to 90% off.

#72 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 12:37 pm

90% off CHristmas here today and they still had ALOT left. I bought about 20 rolls of wrapping paper for 0.29 each, a package of 16 gift bags for 0.99, gift tags for 0.19, a set of four ceramic snowman mugs for $1.99, some little stationary sets for 0.05.

#73 kevinbe  OFFLINE  

kevinbe

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 2:25 pm

My wife and I went to our four CVS today. We really found the deals, and not just on strictly Christmas items! Here's a partial list of what we found-

Conair hair brush set-reg. $9.99, for 99 cents.
Conair Women's Electric Razor-reg. $24.99 for $2.49.
Pancake Puff maker-reg. $19.99 for $1.99
Large container of Poppycock (24 oz.)-reg. $9.99 for 99 cents.
Libby cans of pumpkin for 19 cents.
Apple pie filling for 25 cents.
Little Debbie Christmas Trees and Brownies for 25 cents each.
Cranberry sauce 17 cents.
All sorts of Hannah Montana and High School Musical items for 90% off.

Luckily, each of the locations have a scanner! I lost count of the number of trips I made! Some keys notes-

• Look for anything with the price tag on the shelf that has snowflakes or a tag that says "Get, Give, Save".
  • If you're interested in food items, try the stores with a larger food area.
  • Look for packaging with a Christmas or winter theme (like snowflakes).

#74 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 3:45 pm

My wife and I went to our four CVS today. We really found the deals, and not just on strictly Christmas items! Here's a partial list of what we found-

Conair hair brush set-reg. $9.99, for 99 cents.
Conair Women's Electric Razor-reg. $24.99 for $2.49.
Pancake Puff maker-reg. $19.99 for $1.99
Large container of Poppycock (24 oz.)-reg. $9.99 for 99 cents.
Libby cans of pumpkin for 19 cents.
Apple pie filling for 25 cents.
Little Debbie Christmas Trees and Brownies for 25 cents each.
Cranberry sauce 17 cents.
All sorts of Hannah Montana and High School Musical items for 90% off.

Luckily, each of the locations have a scanner! I lost count of the number of trips I made! Some keys notes-

• Look for anything with the price tag on the shelf that has snowflakes or a tag that says "Get, Give, Save".
  • If you're interested in food items, try the stores with a larger food area.
  • Look for packaging with a Christmas or winter theme (like snowflakes).

Christmas went 90% during the middle of the day. Got two karts for $20. Found the cranberry sauce and more jello, but wish I had look at kevinbe's post before I left!! Thanks for the tips . . . I'll try again tomorrow. Were the items listed above on the 90% off shelf, or scattered throughout the store?

#75 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 11, 2009 - 3:58 pm

yes! I found a nice box of russell stover candy in another area with snowflakes on it...79c. And cans of poppycock, also in another area, 99c. (what idiot would pay 9.99 for that? LOL)

#76 shay_n_sc  OFFLINE  

shay_n_sc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 13, 2009 - 10:47 am

I found the pancake puffs and the sonic scrubber. No shelf tags but near the aisle with the tv trays and as seen on tv items. Both rang up $1.99

#77 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 13, 2009 - 5:30 pm

Found travel bags for make up/toiletries on the top shelves in cosmetics for 90% off. One was a 3 piece set orig. 7.99 paid .79, another was a plastic travel bag with the 3 oz containers, shower poof, drawstring bag and purse kit inside orig. 12.99 paid 1.30 and found a hanging travel organizer w/2 travel bottles and shower poof orig 12.99 paid 1.29.

#78 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 13, 2009 - 7:56 pm

I found the pancake puffs and the sonic scrubber. No shelf tags but near the aisle with the tv trays and as seen on tv items. Both rang up $1.99

So neither of these items had a shelf tag? I was looking for them or anything else. At my store they have taken all those xmas shelf tags off and I didn't see any that say "get, give, save." Guess I will look harder at the products and scan anything I'm interested in to see if it's on clearance.

#79 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 15, 2009 - 9:19 am

cvs ad for next week (1 scan isn't that good, but the other - good - one doesn't include that half page with the pepsi deal)

http://docs.google.c...s6kg_33c2wb4rc8

http://docs.google.c...qjr_217dtq37rhb

#80 leslie007  OFFLINE  

leslie007

Coupon Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 16, 2009 - 6:08 am

I was in last night & there was a stack of the Cottonelle 20pk in a towering stack on the floor. I needed tp anyways & with an extra .50 MFQ on top of the ECBs, the rolls cost about .42each
Unfortunately, there are 7 of us lol

I was also able to get 4, 2pk Schick disposable razors for FREE after using two $2.00off MFQ. The cashier adjusted one to $1.96 bc of the overage, but im not complaining

#81 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 18, 2009 - 8:30 am

Does anyone see anything good in this weeks ad?

#82 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 18, 2009 - 9:14 am

Does anyone see anything good in this weeks ad?

:no:

I have a $4 off $20 coupon AND $10 in ECB's and I'm still having a hard time coming up with a list.

#83 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 18, 2009 - 9:23 am

This AM I did.... Pepsi deal Buy 3 cards, get $3 ECB (Buy the $0.99 cards and they are a $0.03 MM) CVS allergy medicine (Claritin Generic)- FREE after ECB Used my Bic Rain Check from Last Oct. for MM on the razors Had to break my $30 ECB from Soy Joy deal :) Anyway, worked out well for me!!! Great deal on the greeting cards since I can always use those. Also on the Pepsi since rumor has it that the 12 packs are going to become 8 packs soon (for the same price no less :().

#84 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 18, 2009 - 10:38 am

I did the pepsi deal. I got 4 12 packs and 3 bags of chips. I also got the cottonelle toilet paper, we needed some. I got some puffs tissue and some st. ives apricot scrub cause I needed that too. I didn't even go to CVS last week cause I couldn't come up with anything to buy. I got a $5 off $15 purchase today!!! It expires 1/21 though. Gonna go back through the ad and see if there is anything I can roll my ecb's with and use that coupon. I was gonna mail in for that pepsi rebate. You have to circle the product on the receipt and mail in the upc's. The cashier rang up 4 pepsi's. But i got 1 pepsi and 3 mt.dew's. I am afraid that is gonna effect me getting the rebate. Cause I will be mailing in 1 pepsi and 2 mt dew's but the reciept says all pepsi's. I'm worried now. Does anyone know what will happen?

#85 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 18, 2009 - 7:40 pm

I did the pepsi deal. I got 4 12 packs and 3 bags of chips. I also got the cottonelle toilet paper, we needed some. I got some puffs tissue and some st. ives apricot scrub cause I needed that too. I didn't even go to CVS last week cause I couldn't come up with anything to buy. I got a $5 off $15 purchase today!!! It expires 1/21 though. Gonna go back through the ad and see if there is anything I can roll my ecb's with and use that coupon.

I was gonna mail in for that pepsi rebate. You have to circle the product on the receipt and mail in the upc's. The cashier rang up 4 pepsi's. But i got 1 pepsi and 3 mt.dew's. I am afraid that is gonna effect me getting the rebate. Cause I will be mailing in 1 pepsi and 2 mt dew's but the reciept says all pepsi's. I'm worried now. Does anyone know what will happen?

I think your rebate will be fine.

I didn't go to CVS last week and don't see any reason to go this week :( not since xmas clearance, pretty sad!

#86 dkctoo  OFFLINE  

dkctoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 19, 2009 - 4:57 am

Great tip about the cards, dantegirl! I probably wouldn't even have looked at them. I hope to be going out on Tuesday (day my cvs gets it's shipment.). I still haven't been able to get the throat coolers or the nasogel. It just flies off the shelf before I get there. Also, I hope they get more of the multipack things that are supposed to be deals all month. They were out of them Friday. And I can always get more soyjoys if they get the packs back in. Anybody know, will the deal work on the $1 each single packs? The price is the same....

#87 dnvillane  OFFLINE  

dnvillane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 19, 2009 - 6:09 am

[I was gonna mail in for that pepsi rebate. You have to circle the product on the receipt and mail in the upc's. The cashier rang up 4 pepsi's. But i got 1 pepsi and 3 mt.dew's. I am afraid that is gonna effect me getting the rebate. Cause I will be mailing in 1 pepsi and 2 mt dew's but the reciept says all pepsi's. I'm worried now. Does anyone know what will happen?[/QUOTE]

I think the same thing happened to me for last year's rebates and it was fine. I got 3 Diet Pepsi and 1 regular (or some combination of the two) and it all rang up as Diet. Got my rebate OK.

#88 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 19, 2009 - 6:45 am

Great tip about the cards, dantegirl! I probably wouldn't even have looked at them. I hope to be going out on Tuesday (day my cvs gets it's shipment.). I still haven't been able to get the throat coolers or the nasogel. It just flies off the shelf before I get there. Also, I hope they get more of the multipack things that are supposed to be deals all month. They were out of them Friday. And I can always get more soyjoys if they get the packs back in. Anybody know, will the deal work on the $1 each single packs? The price is the same....

Our 3 stores STILL haven't gotten any of those throat coolers or nasogel's in :( I was there Jan 1 when they opened....no stuff. I go every week when the trucks come in and still NOTHING!!!! I am just going to wait until the end of the month and get a raincheck!

#89 clevermom2004  OFFLINE  

clevermom2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 19, 2009 - 8:09 am

On the raincheck does that include the ecb's? In case hasnt been posted, sorry if it has ....The nasogel's has a $3 each no limit rebate from the manufacturer.

#90 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 19, 2009 - 8:10 am

I hope my rebate will be ok. I think that maybe they realize that cashiers just ring one so many times. I'm gonna send it in this week. Anyways, I went to CVS last night. Pulled in the parking lot at 7:30 and guess what? It was closed!! lol. Mine is not a 24 hour one and there are no 24 hour ones that I go to. I thought for sure they closed at 8. I don't know what I was thinking. I can't believe they close at 7. That is a little early for a Sunday isn't it? I never go Sunday nights, always Sunday morningss. Guess I will be going tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users