Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - JANUARY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#31 lakerb  OFFLINE  

lakerb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 3, 2009 - 10:50 am

I'm a CVS newbie and have 2 questions: How do you find out how much your quarterly rewards are? AND Does CVS have a "monthly deals" book like Wags does? Is that what you're referring to with the monthly deals? Do you get the book in store? I guess that's really 4 questions.:D Thanks.

#32 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 3, 2009 - 11:04 am

I'm a CVS newbie and have 2 questions:

How do you find out how much your quarterly rewards are?

AND

Does CVS have a "monthly deals" book like Wags does? Is that what you're referring to with the monthly deals? Do you get the book in store?

I guess that's really 4 questions.:D

Thanks.

Your monthly rewards print out on your receipt, at a in-store scanner or I believe you can get them from online when you log onto your account.

Yes, CVS has a monthly book but it doesn't have MIR stuff like Walgreens. You can find these books when you walk in the store. At one store here, they are inside the door on a special rack and at another store, they are lying next to the weekly ads. This month's ad has Rock-Star energy drinks on the front cover.
HTH!!

#33 lakerb  OFFLINE  

lakerb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 3, 2009 - 2:43 pm

Thanks for the information. I'll see if I can find one of those books when I'm in CVS tomorrow. I've fallen in love with that place--and love, love the ECBs!

#34 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 7:33 am

Just got back from CVS and they're at 75% off. Make sure to check the toys in the Christmas/seasonal isle, I got a couple of toys that have nothing to do with Christmas at 75% off.

#35 dealluvr  OFFLINE  

dealluvr

• 7,389 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 7:43 am

i shop here a lot the last few times i have used the $4 off $20 every time i use that coupon i get another one is that how it works everytime you use 1 of those u get one?

#36 twilightcalm  OFFLINE  

twilightcalm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 7:46 am

Just got back from CVS and they're at 75% off. Make sure to check the toys in the Christmas/seasonal isle, I got a couple of toys that have nothing to do with Christmas at 75% off.

Did you just scan stuff or were the signs actually changed?

Edited by twilightcalm, Jan 4, 2009 - 6:03 pm.

#37 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 7:46 am

i shop here a lot the last few times i have used the $4 off $20 every time i use that coupon i get another one is that how it works everytime you use 1 of those u get one?

No, they used to give them out more often, I haven't gotten one in a while.

#38 Mawpsbackaw2  OFFLINE  

Mawpsbackaw2

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 8:15 am

Thank you so much for this CVS information. I am new in this and get so confused when I try to stack. I think I lost quite a bit of dollars recently when I had $15.00 in free CVS dollars and the cashier told me I did not need to use the manufacturer's coupons on the items I was purchasing. So I think I could have pocketed more money if I had used the coupon. Example: I had a $1.50 off toothpaste. Can you give me anymore advice? Great to know someone is out there who cares enough to write. Thanks!

#39 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 8:25 am

Christmas still at 50% here. Scanned some items and no "hidden" 75%.:(

#40 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 10:24 am

Thank you so much for this CVS information. I am new in this and get so confused when I try to stack. I think I lost quite a bit of dollars recently when I had $15.00 in free CVS dollars and the cashier told me I did not need to use the manufacturer's coupons on the items I was purchasing. So I think I could have pocketed more money if I had used the coupon. Example: I had a $1.50 off toothpaste. Can you give me anymore advice?

Great to know someone is out there who cares enough to write. Thanks!

Your cashier was wrong. You give them your CVS coupons first, then your manufacturer coupons and finally your extra care bucks. Just think of the ECB as money...this way it will be harder to part with!!!
For Example, if I have a $5 off $25 CVS coupon, a $1.50 off Colgate CVS Q and a $0.75 MFR Q.
I will give her:
$25 TOTAL
- $5/$25
-$1.50 CVS Colgate Q
-$0.75 MFR Q
= $17.75
This is when you use your ECBs and Out Of Pocket Cash to pay for the remaining balance.

HTH!!!

#41 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 11:17 am

Went to CVS early this morning. They had all Christmas stuff 75% off today. They still had ALOT of stuff left. They had alot of their toys marked down 75% too.

#42 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 11:38 am

Xmas was 75% today. I got some of those scotch pop up tape dispensers and the refills. They still had tons of those and they were only .49! I also got some candy and a hickory farms sausage set for $2.50. I got one of the nasogel things too. I didn't need it but I bought the throat coolers the other day and forgot the ecb's lumped together. So I had $20 in ecb's and needed to break them up. I bought 2 of the colgate toothbrushes, palmolive, sofsoap, puffs tissue, garnier shampoo, cottonelle wipes. I spent $3.50 oop and got back $15 in ecb's.

#43 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 12:24 pm

Went to CVS early this morning. They had all Christmas stuff 75% off today. They still had ALOT of stuff left. They had alot of their toys marked down 75% too.

Xmas was 75% today. I got some of those scotch pop up tape dispensers and the refills. They still had tons of those and they were only .49! I also got some candy and a hickory farms sausage set for $2.50. I got one of the nasogel things too. I didn't need it but I bought the throat coolers the other day and forgot the ecb's lumped together. So I had $20 in ecb's and needed to break them up. I bought 2 of the colgate toothbrushes, palmolive, sofsoap, puffs tissue, garnier shampoo, cottonelle wipes. I spent $3.50 oop and got back $15 in ecb's.

I'm soooo jealous!! My ECB's are burning a hole in my pocket and I'm trying to hold off for the Christmas clearance to go 75%! We've got tons left, so I'm hopeful I can score some good deals. Do the markdowns ever happen in the middle of the day?

#44 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 12:33 pm

Christmas was 75% off here but there was only junk left! Also wanted to mention that in the multi-packaged stuff they are putting out are boxes of Soy Joy bars. They are 6 in a box and are FREE after ECB. Also, you can use the $3 off 10 bars coupon in today's paper.... $6 x 2 boxes = $12 - $3 MFR Q = $9 and get $12 ECB back.

#45 bargaingal2  OFFLINE  

bargaingal2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 12:59 pm

Ours was 75% off today as well woohoo Got Hannah Montana stuff for my dd goody bags for her bday party

#46 brandibug  OFFLINE  

brandibug

Shopaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2009 - 3:51 pm

I got $4.00 in ECB for the quarter.

#47 leslie007  OFFLINE  

leslie007

Coupon Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 5, 2009 - 8:43 am

I picked up $127.xx worth of cosmetics & 1 cat:gdcat: toy for $11.37 OOP!!! Id have to say this was my best deal yet, too bad I didn't have any ECB's or end of the quarter rewards. Since covergirl is BOGO this week, I planned on checking that aisle out anyways. I found many items(mascara, eye shadow, lipstick) marked 75% off original price. The cashier price overided all of my items from this offer to $1.50each!!!! I had $2MFQ on top of that:yup: I also found Sally Hansen products marked 50%off making ebony boards $.99, & there was a MFQ this wk for $1 off!! I picked up a few other things to add up tp my total. I was surprised they didn't pay me for my items. Too bad payday isnt till Friday:(

#48 trbarginhunter  OFFLINE  

trbarginhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 5, 2009 - 1:14 pm

Thanks for the cosmetics heads up! I picked up some nail polish at 75% off, Riveria pony holder for .80, Riveria barrette .80, lipsticks for .39, and several dog toys for 90% off. Hershey's Kisses and other Christmas are all 75% off. Just a few toys left, but there were 75% for some, 50% for others.

#49 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2009 - 1:33 pm

...in the Christmas/seasonal isle, I got a couple of toys that have nothing to do with Christmas at 75% off.

We got some red/white/green and white/blue/navy (Hannukah colors) of tissue paper for 75% off. You can certainly use those year round.

Hey, if any of you are in the 75% off Xmas isle, keep an eye out for "loaves" of Bauducco (brand) Panettone (bread). It's in a 7"x7"x7" bright yellow box, you can't miss it.

My wife and I bought one to try, and then went back to buy the other three they had on the shelf.

Pre-Christmas it was $7.99, now $1.99.

It's delicious with coffee (it's like a really good raisin bread). Giada (Food Network personality) has a few easy recipes that use a store-bought Panettone:

Bread Pudding:
http://www.foodnetwo...cipe/index.html

French Toast:

And the kicker -- it's fresh through July 30, 2009!
(if unopened)

Posted Image

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#50 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• 15,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2009 - 1:47 pm

Also, NXT Shaving products (for men) are on clearance for 1/2 price ($2.50 each -- was $5). There are four steps if you choose to buy them all:
1 - Face wash
2 - Shave gel
3 - After shave (which I bought two of)
4 - Face lotion

I didn't even know they lit up till I got it home. One of the aftershaves illuminated the bag when I set it on the steps to go upstairs... Since I didn't know about the lights, it was the strangest thing....

More info: http://www.shavingst...ives/019537.php

I like the aftershave, I might go back and buy the other steps.

---

Did I mention that my local CVS is CLOSE?

Posted Image

(pic through the window of one of our bedrooms). Talk about a neighborhood drug store... I walked there last night to get the other Panettones!

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#51 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 5, 2009 - 9:39 pm

We got some red/white/green and white/blue/navy (Hannukah colors) of tissue paper for 75% off. You can certainly use those year round.

Hey, if any of you are in the 75% off Xmas isle, keep an eye out for "loaves" of Bauducco (brand) Panettone (bread). It's in a 7"x7"x7" bright yellow box, you can't miss it.

My wife and I bought one to try, and then went back to buy the other three they had on the shelf.

It's delicious with coffee (it's like a really good raisin bread). Giada (Food Network personality) has a few easy recipes that use a store-bought Panettone:

Bread Pudding:

French Toast:

(if unopened)

Posted Image

I've seen this on clearance at 2 stores now and almost bought it both times, now I may have to go back and get some!

#52 diane175  OFFLINE  

diane175

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2009 - 5:18 am

Bread Pudding:

French Toast:

(if unopened)

Posted Image

These are REALLY good! I bought 8 of the smaller ones for 25 cents each at Wags last week! I was giving e1 one after I found out how good they were! Thanks for the recipes Marcster! I am gonna try the bread pudding one after I find more! lol

#53 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2009 - 6:23 am

They have the Glade Oil Warmer Refills 2-packs for $5.49 get $2 ECB's, limit 5, this week. There were B1G1F coupons a couple of weeks ago for them with a limit of $5.49 on the coupon. So if you buy 2 you pay $5.49 and get $4 ECB's back, then you could buy another 2 (if you had another coupon) and use the coupon and your bucks and only pay $1.49 for 2 2-packs of refills and get another $4 ECB's. In case you have bucks that are expiring or (like me) have a whole bunch of those warmer units laying around from all the free ones that I've gotten, this isn't a bad deal.

#54 mahalia52  OFFLINE  

mahalia52

Addicted to Shopping???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2009 - 7:46 am

Marcster: If I lived that close to a CVS... I would really be in trouble...
Love 2 Shop:)

#55 mommyx3  OFFLINE  

mommyx3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2009 - 11:50 am

Yahoo! I can't believe it. My CVS actually had the monthly deal stuff in. Scored on the throat coolers (BIG thanks to OP with the coupon info) and got one of the Nasal stuff (forgot to print more coupons.) I am just in awe they had the stuff in let alone the money makers!

#56 brandibug  OFFLINE  

brandibug

Shopaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 7, 2009 - 6:40 am

Went to CVS last night; my Christmas is still 75% off. They had lots of stuff, almost a whole aisle...tons of wrapping paper, some toys. Bought some of the Atkins stuff that is B1G1 free, did the Johnson/Johnson thing and got $10 ECB, also earned another $2 and $1 ECB for some other stuff I bought.

#57 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 7, 2009 - 11:02 am

Found boxes of Jell-o (orange, lime, strawberry) mixed in with the clearance. They rang up for .19 and expire in August 2010. Also, in the $1 bins were 10 packs of the small tissues (like the ones you would carry in your purse) and each pack contains 10 tissues. They weren't clearance items and had Peanuts characters on them. Seems at least one of my boys always has a runny nose, and these will come in handy.

#58 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 8, 2009 - 5:44 am

The 6-pack of soyjoys (free after $6 ECB) is not limit 5. I reached 5 yesterday but limit isn't reached. Will buy another just to test.... And if you buy 2 boxes you can use the $3/10 -- it doesn't beep- it's coded for 2 boxes so money maker. I actually hate soyjoys but the folks at work eat anything.

#59 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• 11,722 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 8, 2009 - 6:01 am

I wish my Rite Aid's didn't buy out all the CVS's around me. Only 1 left and thats too far away. Sad.

#60 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• 15,004 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 8, 2009 - 6:05 am

I wish my Rite Aid's didn't buy out all the CVS's around me. Only 1 left and thats too far away. Sad.

Our local Rite Aid is sad. I wonder how they stay in business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users