Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - JANUARY 09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#1 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:03 pm

ALL discussion about CVS deals, coupons, and promotions for the month will take place in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, as they will promptly be CLOSED and you will be directed to post in the new thread.

Welcome to the joys of CVS Shopping! Here are some quick details to help you out:

What is the CVS Extra Care Program?
The CVS Extra Care program is CVS’s shopping card. You can sign up for a card in store or online at https://www.cvs.com/...MSG=XTRACAREMSG
With this card, you will have access to their weekly and monthly sale prices. If you do not present your card, you will not be given these sale prices or qualify for the Extra Care Bucks rewards.

The greatest benefit of this program is the Extra Care Bucks portion.

What is an Extra Care Bucks?
Every month, along with every week, CVS runs sales on particular items where if you buy that item, you will receive a coupon at the end of your receipt with Extra Care Bucks (aka ECBs) that you can use on your next purchase.

For example, let’s say Garnier Fructis shampoo is on sale for 2.99 with $2.00 in ECBs. This means you will have to pay the 2.99 upfront for the shampoo, but at the end of your receipt, you will receive a $2.00 ECB that you can use on a future purchase at CVS. It’s like you only paid $0.99 for a bottle of shampoo!

At the end of each quarter, CVS will also add up all your spending, and give you a rebate in ECBs based on your spending, which is 2% of the total amount. That’s EXTRA money just for buying items at CVS!

Can I use manufacturer’s coupons?
Certainly! Using the example above with the Garnier Fructis shampoo – there are regularly coupons for 1.00 off your purchase of one (1) bottle of their shampoo. The item will ring up at 2.99, then you can use your coupon for 1.00 off, so you wind up paying 1.99 for the item. You STILL get the $2.00 ECB reward – so it’s like getting it for free!

Wow! Can I do this over and over?
Unfortunately, there are limits to all the sales. Check the weekly ad and the monthly sales books for the limits. When we post the sales here, we will also list the limits.

Can I have more than one CVS card?
The answer in general is no. However, if you have access to another address/name/phone number, you may be able to get a second card.

What about prescriptions?
Whenever you fill a prescription, make sure the pharmacy scans your card! Each prescription is 0.50 in ECBs that will be paid out at the end of the quarter.

Can I use the ECBs I earn to pay for prescriptions?
Unfortunately, no. They can only be used on store purchases.

CVS and Coupons
CVS also has a great coupon program. When you sign up for your card, make sure to check that you want CVS to email you coupons and offers. This will put you on their mailing list for future coupons!

Most of the CVS coupons are for a certain amount of dollars off a minimum dollar purchase. For example, to start, CVS will email you a coupon to save $4.00 on a $20.00 purchase.

When entering your store, look for the CVS card scanning/price checking machine. Scan your card upon entry every time for additional coupons and incentives! Sometimes it's 3.00/10.00 of CVS products, or something FREE!

Stacking coupons
Please note, your store may have a different policy regarding the stacking of coupons. IN ADDITION CVS has not been issuing as many e-mail coupons as in the past. Most stacking has been done via CRT coupons, which are the coupons that are generated at the end of your CVS receipt, or from the card scanning machine (if your store has one.)

Always make sure you give the cashier your CVS card to scan before you get to the total and start handing over coupons to make sure you get any sale prices.

CVS will sometimes have coupons for $3 off a $15.00 purchase, or $2 off a $10.00. The theory regarding CVS purchases are:
Your PRETAX amount is 30.00. You have a coupon for $4 off $20.00, $3 off $15.00, or $2 off $10.00. Hand to the cashier the coupons in this order:
1. The $4 off $20.00 coupon
2. The $3 off $15.00
3. The $2 off 10.00
As long as your total is more than the amount on the coupon, you can keep using coupons.

NEXT, give them your manufacturer coupons.

FINALLY, give them your ECBs.

Hopefully by this point, your out of pocket (OOP) amount is a small number. It may not be at the start, but with constant shopping and deal searching, you’ll build up a good amount of ECBs to use on future purchases.

We have come across some stores that will not allow you to stack their money off coupons unless your total equals the amounts of the coupons. For example, if you want to use a $4 off $20 coupon along with a $3 off $15 coupon, some cashiers may say that your total must be $35.00 before you can use the coupon. This rule varies from store to store and from cashier to cashier. We cannot say that CVS will always stack, because the policies are always changing.

What do they do about B1G1 (buy one, get one free) coupons? I have 2 coupons for the B1G1 covergirl lip product. If I got 2 lip products and used the two coupons would I get both for free or do the B1G1 coupons ring stuff up for 1/2 price?

CVS rings up the first item at full price and the second item rings up free. So if you have a BOGO free coupon, you would get both items free.

PLEASE NOTE: YMMV (your mileage may vary.) Some stores may not process it, some cashiers may be confused, but in general, the above should happen.

How to use your ECBs
Please note that you cannot use your ECBs:
- on pharmacy co-pays
- on the purchase of gift cards
Also, ECBs are tied to YOUR card. You will not be able to use the ECBs that are earned by other people. You must also present your card in order to use your ECBs.

Please note that your ECBs do have an expiration date and to be mindful of it. If they do expire, you may be able to have customer service reactivate them. Please contact CVS customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS.

ECBs can only be used on the PRETAX amount of your purchase. If your pre-tax purchase is 3.99 and you only have a $4.00 ECB, you will not be able to use that ECB – you must use smaller denominations.

I bought something that comes with ECBs but it didn’t print out. What gives?!
Check to see if you had previously hit the limit on the offer. It will print on your receipt. Also make sure you bought the correct item or version of the product. If you had not hit the limit, please contact customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS and they will add it to your card to print the next time you are in store.

THE GROUND RULES:
1. Post your experiences shopping at CVS, the deal combos you have found, and the unmarked clearance/ECB deals you have found at your store. Also post your general location if you are comfortable.
2. Do not post links to non CVS authorized coupons. They will be edited out. Authentic CVS coupons come from cvs.com or are located at akamaitech.com.
3. Keep non CVS chatter to a minimum. This is first and foremost a deals discussion. Anything going too far off topic will be deleted.

If you have links to printable coupons for items on sale this week at CVS, also post those for others to share.

Play nice!

GO BRUINS!

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:04 pm

Monthly Deals - January
All are Limit 5 unless otherwise noted.

Free After ECB:
Get 4.99 ECB when you buy Children's Throat Cooler Ice Pops 6 count for 4.99. LIMIT 2
Get 7.99 ECB when you buy NasoGel Drip free gel spray 1.52 oz for 7.99 LIMIT 2
Get 3.99 ECB when you buy NutraTrim Weight Management Chewing Gum 48 ct for 3.99 LIMIT 2

Weekly Deals:
Check your Local CVS for your weekly deals, as the deals are regional:
http://cvs.shoplocal...tezip= ZIP Code

GO BRUINS!

#3 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:05 pm

Deals by day:

GO BRUINS!

#4 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 31, 2008 - 9:38 pm

It's a new quarter! ECB Reward time!

GO BRUINS!

#5 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 7:16 am

It's a new quarter! ECB Reward time!

Just got a whole $1.50

#6 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 7:43 am

Throat Cooler B1G1F
http://www.throatcooler.com/

Naso Gel possible coupon
http://www.throatcooler.com/

#7 becca0884  OFFLINE  

becca0884

Becca

• 3,442 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 7:46 am

Woohoo, I get $3.50! :)

#8 OhioRuth  OFFLINE  

OhioRuth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 8:05 am

$2 coupon for NasoGel Drip free gel spray http://www.neilmed.c...gcoupon_usa.pdf

#9 smurfgirl  OFFLINE  

smurfgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 10:16 am

The throat cooler pops have a limit of 5 not 2!!!

#10 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 11:01 am

The monthly book I saw said the limit was 2. It might be different once you get in store and it's a secret increased limit. It happens.

GO BRUINS!

#11 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 12:29 pm

The monthly book I saw said the limit was 2. It might be different once you get in store and it's a secret increased limit. It happens.

I got 2 today and my receipt shows that the limit has NOT been reached. Though, who knows if the stores will get any in. Of all 3 stores here, only 1 store had 2 boxes of the throat coolers. None of them had the naso-gel or the other free item (having a brain fart). It upsets me that they know in advance they are going to have these sales and yet not one store planned to have these things in stock. How ridiculous is that?????

#12 twilightcalm  OFFLINE  

twilightcalm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 1:17 pm

Thanks for the link to the coupons:D I was able to get the max. limit of the throat cooler pops and 1 each of the other 2 items. This is all my store near me had left. I knew I should have gone when I woke up:(. It was only a few hours ago:cheesy: so it may not have made a difference. I also got a whole $2 for this quarter.

#13 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 2:22 pm

My quarterly reward was 50c. and I am proud of that... it means I only spent about $25 OOP the whole quarter, being a thrift shopper!

#14 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 6:10 pm

I quartly reward was $9.50.

#15 bargaingal2  OFFLINE  

bargaingal2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 6:14 pm

I went to get the throat pops and there was no sign by them so I passed. Should there be an easy care bucks sign by them?

#16 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 6:49 pm

I went to get the throat pops and there was no sign by them so I passed. Should there be an easy care bucks sign by them?

Mine didn't have the signs either (they rarely ever do), but rang up just fine. Purchased 4 boxes and received 19.96 in ecb's. Thanks to Rockfordmom's generosity, it was a great trip. I had $10 in ecb's for my quarterly spending, so this go round was painless!

#17 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 6:50 pm

Should there be, yes, but since it's the first of the month the signs might not be up yet in some stores.

#18 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 7:01 pm

Is everyone's Christmas stuff still at 50%? I was hoping that they would be 75% today.

#19 klastar  OFFLINE  

klastar

Go Ravens Go!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 1, 2009 - 9:34 pm

Wow $23.50 for my quaterly EB's.. I asked the manegar today about the throat coolers, she looked it up and said 5 was the limit....

#20 sslayton  OFFLINE  

sslayton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2009 - 3:57 am

$2.50 in quarterly rewards. Every little bit helps!

#21 toebaby  OFFLINE  

toebaby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2009 - 8:00 am

I want to know if they've gone to 75 yet too... There is a ton of stuff at my local CVS and they are still at 50.... Anyone's gone to 75?

#22 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 2, 2009 - 8:30 am

I am stopping by CVS today. I am going to see if they have the throat coolers and see if xmas is 75% off. I will report back later! Mine is usually pretty quick about going to 75% off so hopefully it will be!

#23 sbdad  OFFLINE  

sbdad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 2, 2009 - 9:02 am

There is a new 3 off 15 available from an online paper... Can I post link?

#24 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2009 - 9:09 am

I want to know if they've gone to 75 yet too... There is a ton of stuff at my local CVS and they are still at 50.... Anyone's gone to 75?

My store manager told me that he was told by corporate to keep it 50%. He said he wanted to change it so he could get rid of stuff but they wouldn't budge yet.

#25 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2009 - 11:07 am

I got 2 today and my receipt shows that the limit has NOT been reached. Though, who knows if the stores will get any in. Of all 3 stores here, only 1 store had 2 boxes of the throat coolers. None of them had the naso-gel or the other free item (having a brain fart). It upsets me that they know in advance they are going to have these sales and yet not one store planned to have these things in stock. How ridiculous is that?????

I got lucky and stopped at a different store than I usually go to (& I forgot to check when I was at my usual store yesterday for the Jan Free after ECB items) and they had everything in stock & I got 4 of the Throat Coolers (2 & 2 free) and got $19.96 Extra Bucks and my receipt does NOT say *Offer Limit Reached*, but for the Nasogel I got 2 and it does, I didn't even look for the Nutra Trim Gum because we would not use it.

I agree, when something is limit 2 or 5 and they only have 6 in stock in every store it is stupid!!! Why don't they stock those items beforehand?

#26 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 2, 2009 - 8:46 pm

Xmas stuff was still 50% at my store. I got 4 of the throat coolers too. I used 2 of the b1g1 coupons and $10 ecb's and only paid $.97 oop and got back $19.96. They had about 3-4 boxes of the throat coolers left. I got $2 in quarterly ecb's.

#27 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 3, 2009 - 6:36 am

Soyjoy 6-paks are $6 with 6 ECB.... limit 5; must be the large boxes. They're dry but at my office. they eat anything! I needed to roll bucks, now have about $100....

#28 AStamper3  OFFLINE  

AStamper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 3, 2009 - 7:09 am

Does anyone have the ad for tomorrow 1/4? I have ECB to spend and was curious. Thanks....Angela:)

#29 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 3, 2009 - 7:11 am

Does anyone have the ad for tomorrow 1/4? I have ECB to spend and was curious. Thanks....Angela:)

It was posted in last months CVS thread
http://docs.google.c...hqb_287hnwh6tfc

#30 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 3, 2009 - 10:20 am

Soyjoy 6-paks are $6 with 6 ECB.... limit 5; must be the large boxes. They're dry but at my office. they eat anything! I needed to roll bucks, now have about $100....

There are SoyJoy coupons in tomorrow's paper.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users