What has broken so far?

My DD8 broke DS's havoc heli. It was an accident, but very disappointing. She also scratched a PS2 game and it doesnt work anylonger. She tried to destroy the 3D glasses to "fly me to the moon". All were accidents, but I swear that girl doesn't use her head.

You can usually get these games buffed out. We had a brand new 360 game get scratched

and it was ruined..we brought it to the local video game store and they buffed it out in 2 minutes and it was like new for $5.00

My DD8 broke DS's havoc heli. It was an accident, but very disappointing. She also scratched a PS2 game and it doesnt work anylonger. She tried to destroy the 3D glasses to "fly me to the moon". All were accidents, but I swear that girl doesn't use her head.

we got the disk dr. it works great and is like 30 bucks so cheaper than fixing too many at gamestop

Both of my boys got the nerf vulcan guns. Both of them didn't work. They jammed up first thing and then wouldn't feed the belts through. Even though I didn't have the boxes, I took both of them back to Walmart (had my receipt) and mine were among several returned that day. My boys were disappointed but will have fun spending their $35 each on something that will work.

Both of my boys got the nerf vulcan guns. Both of them didn't work. They jammed up first thing and then wouldn't feed the belts through. Even though I didn't have the boxes, I took both of them back to Walmart (had my receipt) and mine were among several returned that day. My boys were disappointed but will have fun spending their $35 each on something that will work.

We took ours back too. But DS really wants this gun so I asked him what he wanted to do since basically it was his money. He had the choice of saving it, buying something else or buying the gun again when i could find one in stock. He wants the darn gun. So I did the alerts thing for it and once it came back in stock on wal mart at 1:30am in the morning I ordered it with free site to store shipping.

We'll see if this one works when we get it. :rolleyes:

This has been the worst Christmas for broken stuff. My MIL stomped the radio-controlled Jeep to smithereens (by accident) on Christmas night. We opened up the (refurbished) Creative Zen V and it didn't come with the installation CD, so now we're waiting for that to be shipped.

And the worst by far -- AARGH -- is the 32" LCD TV. I think there's a problem with it, but it's not constant. Sometimes the screen flashes and then goes black and we have no picture though we have audio. I think we have to take it back. Here's the worst part: I washed the receipt!! It's illegible! And I paid (mostly cash)!!!

I did go to Target the day after we bought it when I realized what I'd done, because I was worried about warranties (little did I know we'd subsequently have problems) and I got one of their printouts that shows the purchase, (thank God I used some Amex gift cards and still have those receipts). But they say it can't be used for returns. Has anyone tried to return something -- especially something big and expensive -- using one of those faux receipts from Target?

Really stressed right now...

If you have a family video somewhere close to you they will buff out the game discs for a couple of dollars. If the scratch looks too bad many times they will do it for you for free because it might not work (of course you have to get the right employee).

I was just going to post this...This is where my kids go, they ususally get charged a dollar.

I got a keyboard for my 3 yo ds back in July that was 75% off at Target...I saved it for Christmas, and when it came out of the box, there was a broken piece on one of the corners...we put batteries in, and the LCD display worked, but it wouldn't play at all (and yes, we checked the volume!)...so I called the company the day after Christmas, and they're sending a brand new one that should be here in the next couple of days!

It just stinks because that is the ONE thing ds keep stoning us about playing with, and now he's had to wait...

ooohh there is a cordless one? thanks. where would I buy that?

Best Buy, Toys R US, Circuit City. anywhere that sells Wii accessories.

Amazon has it for $15.99 with free prime shipping or with $25 super saver shipping and for me no tax

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Wireless-Sensor-Bar-nintendo/dp/B000LFJNG6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1230745420&sr=8-1

Purchased two DVDs from Amazon.. BOTH were damaged from the lil ring inside being broken.. the one that holds the DVD safely in place. Exact same thing with a Wii game I purchased from ToysRus online. At least the Toys R us is an easy exchange in store. I think the shipping companies were extra sloppy this year. I got a few things that were damaged.. some I would blame on the shipping.. some on poor packing by the company. (OMG FatHead sending things in an envelope.. they looked like hell when they arrived.. the packaging was trashed)

In the end... a great Christmas with family..

Happy New Year to all!

Do they at least cover the shipping?

Yes, they do pay for the shipping. I had two options. One was called the express method which we are doing. They are shipping us the drum kit, and we are to put our non-working kit in the box and return it. This method requires the use of a credit card so that they can charge us if they do not get the non-working item back. I have done this before with Nintendo and it worked out. I only hope this works as well. We are supposed to receive it in five business days.

The other option was to let them ship me an empty box for us to send our non-working drum kit back to them. Once they received it, then they would send us the working one. This method apparently takes two weeks longer but there is no need for a credit card.

I prefer the first method so that I can see what they send us to know what to return to them. There are other parts, and I wasn't sure what to include.

Out of the box my oldest ds' eyeclops nightvision goggles and his air hog micro car; one dd's dvd won't play in any of our players and her Leapster died today.

I have to say Toys R Us was great about exchanging the Leapster even though I purchased it online Sept 21, 2008 (over 90 days ago) when they were having the buy 2 get 1 free deal. They also let me purchase the 15 month extended warranty on the exchanged one and the other two (Leapster only has a 3 month warranty and it was already expired by the time they got them for Christmas.)

Hopefully the other exchanges will go as smoothly.

DH was having a problem with his Zune. I would not charge. I finally reset it and now it seems to have charged, I hope it continues to work. I bought it from Toys R Us back in September and when I registered with Microsoft they said the warranty is over on it. This is the new Zune that came out this year.:eyepoppin

would this have anything to do with it?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28449091/wid/11915829?GT1=40006

Zune 30gb failures

Cat chewed the wii cord to the antenna..... ugh

My cat did this as well with my wii but he hasn't tried to eat my daughters YET!! I love my cordless sensor bar and mine is the nyko on the back has a timer you can set for 1 or 2 hours which I use just so if we forget to turn it off it will beep at us when the time is up... If you leave it on then it will eat batteries but I have seen worse things when it comes to batteries.